is it authentic or not? how can i tell

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
Well i am looking at purchasing this JDM import car possibly with my insurance money

The hood on the car looks like a original stout hood but i was wondering if anyone here knows how to identify an authentic one or not?

If i buy the car i will probably sell the hood and some other goodies off the car that i will not need or want. But thats besides the point

here is a picture of the car again

sup.jpg

i have seen the car in person and it is quite nice. But i can say with out a shadow of a doubt that i will have to take out all the electronic goodies that whom ever from Japan stuffed in so i can figure out what all the extra switches they stuffed in there do

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
RazoE;1095527 said:
replica or not you can sell it for a pretty fucking penny...

replace the fogs with OEM's same with the wing and antenna and you're good to go..

Well thats pretty much the plan. I am hoping i will have everything settled with the insurance company this week so that i can move forward with this. I might leave the antenna though don't need make and seal up a whole in the roof.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Rear wing looks fine (don't slap me), just get rid of the winglets that are left over from the 89+ wing...

Got any more pics of the hood? It looks like it's a real one, but I need clearer pics of the vents.

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
I will probably be dropping by there on Monday morning so i will try and take more pictures of it then. I have to be in the area anyways and maybe i can convince the guys to hold the car for me while i work things out with my insurance

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
the car would have to make over 600whp for me to rock that wing.i would pull the fog light's and sticker off the headlight though.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
If you dont want that wing, I can take it off of your hands for s+h :)
That car needs the red on the wheels put to black, the little wing parts taken off and that MKIV supra sticker off of the headlight. Nothing else.

Nick Stonawski

Apr 2, 2005
Manhattan Beach
Poodles is right. There is only ONE way of knowing if ur stout is a replica or original. ONLY ONE WAY!!!

That way, is on the original hoods there is a thin yet pronounced black border where the vents are. its hard to see in pictures but thats how stout does it to hide the imperfections where the CF likes to fray and whatnot. The Stout Replicaes i sell dont do that. its CF through and through. not to mention my original stout is fading like crazy compared to the knock offs which funny enough are better quality!

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
yeah im with everyone else on what been said to change. thats one problem with customizing... not everyone may like it and/or someone is going to have to clean up said mess. but then again it is personal preference. good luck with the car, just a few changes and you will have a well done supra.

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
i'll take a closer look again when i am there next.

here are some other shots that they have up on there add

sup3.jpg

sup4.jpg

sup5.jpg

sup6.jpg

sup7.jpg

sup8.jpg

For what electronics i have seen in the car such as a Apex-i SAFC II and some sort of HKS engine control and a Bee Rev i have a feeling, not to mention the roll cage, that this car had a much harder life before it was imported here.

I did not have a chance to try and look at the ECU but maybe i might get lucky there, or at least i hope

The wheels i have to say the red looks nice with the green but they need some work one of the wheels has some pretty bad curb rash

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I agree, looked like it wa in the first pic, but couldn't be sure it wasn't a shadow.

Screw the haters, anyone can have a stock bodied supra...