is it authentic or not? how can i tell

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
Not feeling the car myself. You can tell by those awful visual mods (in my opinion of course) and dirty engine bay just what the previous owner(s) were like.

My attraction to a Jap import would be the change to get a clean unmolested base to build the sort of car YOU want, by the sound of it, you'll be removing/changing a lot of the crap on it, so what's the point?

Anyway, it's your money, good luck either way

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
those taillights are worth atleast a grand, not including the taillight covers..

it's ugly yes, but buy it and part it out, then with the money you make, get another...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The engine bay is DUSTY, not dirty.

Car looks like it was well cared for compared to some of the other garbage I've seen.

The wing is probably there for a reason given the cage. Not to mention the hood is functional...

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Poodles;1095964 said:
I agree, looked like it wa in the first pic, but couldn't be sure it wasn't a shadow.

Screw the haters, anyone can have a stock bodied supra...

That wing, and a front splitter would be sex on that supra, with the red on the wheels put to black. I am having such a hard time finding one of those style wings in the right sizing (and price) for my supra.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I kinda agree with RazoE, but instead of parting it and buying another, just sell the uber rare JDM goodies off of it you don't want (I'd hazard a guess at wing and hood and tails mainly) and spend a small fraction of that getting stock stuff and then put the rest into mods.

That's not dirt, that's dust as Poodles said, it looks like it's been sitting a while.

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Poodles;1095964 said:
Screw the haters, anyone can have a stock bodied supra...

I was thinking the exact same thing... I can also think of worse things to do than a functional hood and wing. The end pieces of the stock wing need to go, though.

ILikeCarsYesIDo

Permanently Banned
Nov 26, 2007
Hayward, CA
RazoE;1096022 said:
those taillights are worth atleast a grand, not including the taillight covers..

it's ugly yes, but buy it and part it out, then with the money you make, get another...

Why are they worth at least a grand?

ILikeCarsYesIDo

Permanently Banned
Nov 26, 2007
Hayward, CA
Rennat;1096171 said:
what supra owner has a grand to spend on tail lights? lol... its hard enough trying to push good priced bushing kits and engine mounts...

I'm wondering WHY they're worth a grand. Because they're JDM? Or because they have those tail light covers, which don't even look like covers to me. It looks like he just Nightshade'd it.

I agree that the stock spoiler end pieces look terrible, but taking them off leaves four square shaped holes that would have to be filled and painted, so I can sort of see why they were left there. My car right now has the holes and I think it would look marginally better with endpieces in place =\

I like it. Awesome wheels, cool hood, looks like it's in pretty good condition, and comes with a lot of cool jdm tyte yo stuff too =) If that spoiler sat a bit lower I think it would actually look really good even.

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
Well the dream is dead dropped by today to find out he sold it just this past Sat or Sunday to Some Kid who's Daddy bought the car for him :(

All i know is that the kid is sitting on a gold mine of little treasures of things to sell Lucky little bastard

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
I am sure that you can find another imported MKIII in Montreal, aren't there a bunch of engine importers in that area that might be able to get you a full car?

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
foreverpsycotic;1096599 said:
I am sure that you can find another imported MKIII in Montreal, aren't there a bunch of engine importers in that area that might be able to get you a full car?

No! Look at the fucking parts on that car!

Tae361

Jul 15, 2008
NY
i definately dig that supra, even though those things winglet things need to go as well as the space age antenna, i really like that wing though I think it fits well.

the hood looks great, freakin amazing even if it is a replica. the wheels look real sharp and give a great accent to the car, even though murdered out wheels would make it look even that much more sleek. the fog lights are weak as hell.. but it just looks fasttttt

edit: on second thought that wing makes the car look wayy too long, not feelin the tail lights either