high powered NA!

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
Dexter_n2o said:
Is this absolutely confirmed?

I cant remember the guys s/n but ive read plenty of his post which really got me interested indoing the na-t. He said hes car has been turboed since the early 90's utilizing hks equipment, and making 400 @ the wheels with a 3mm hg.

Ive been sold from here on out. Maybe someone else will know the gentlemen that i speak of.

Also im very happy with my n/a with i/e, untill i get beat of course ;)

*edit also porterzsupra is running a t-66 on a n/a motor

Heres the video for those who havent seen it

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17769

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
Grrrrr I hate streetfire. This old computer at work can't do streaming because its too slow. I think my computer at home can't hack it either. Maybe I should stop spending all my money on cars and buy a new computer? Naah, ain't gonna happen.

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
Fuzz420 said:
I cant remember the guys s/n but ive read plenty of his post which really got me interested indoing the na-t. He said hes car has been turboed since the early 90's utilizing hks equipment, and making 400 @ the wheels with a 3mm hg.

Ive been sold from here on out. Maybe someone else will know the gentlemen that i speak of.

Guy your talking about used an HKS F-CON with an HKS na to turbo chip. He had the whole HKS turbo kit, but I am sure any other turbo can be used on it.

But then again, unless you already have an FCON, the price of the FCON and chip would about equal out to changing all the electronics to gte.... :icon_bigg

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
There is a race prepped 6MGE in Australia making 240whp. Don't see why a 7M couldn't do a wee bit better.

Obviously best bang for the buck is turbo, but really I think it would be quite satisying to have a kick ass n/a (which is what I'm shooting for).

You have to decide what is right for YOU... not what is right for Joe Blow making 400whp in his turbo.

If you want easy hp, that's relatively cheap, turbo it is.
If you really want n/a power, be prepared to spend a LOT of money, and a lot of time looking for rare items (bumpsticks anyone?). In the end, don't be disappointed if you don't break the 300whp mark, it most likely won't happen. And your gas mileage will obviously suck, especially if you bore stuff out. You will also need high octane if you opt for high comp. pistons as well.

astigracing

Feb 5, 2006
cALIFORNIA
www.astigracing.com
BosoMKII said:
227 at the wheels? Stock cams? What size pipe on the HKS exhaust? Did you mod the Pacesetters? Stock timing, stock fuel control?
it was 2.5 exhaust. stock cams. just remembered i also replaced the pistons w/ je pistons and je rings and hg.

the header was already modified into 6-2-1 one piece when i got it

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
Cool thanks. That number is a bit higher than I would think with such basic mods. Higher compression pistons then? That would make more sense. Seems like with some nice cams 240 @ the wheels would still be totally streetable.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
tubbie said:
Guy your talking about used an HKS F-CON with an HKS na to turbo chip. He had the whole HKS turbo kit, but I am sure any other turbo can be used on it.

But then again, unless you already have an FCON, the price of the FCON and chip would about equal out to changing all the electronics to gte.... :icon_bigg

with newer technology electronics and turbos ftw.

Dexter_n2o

PreludeBoy
Oct 15, 2005
Greensboro, NC
www.preludepower.com
Is the price of getting a megasuirt box, comparable to switching over to GTE ECU/wiring? Why can't these cars be like Honda? Just chip the stock ECU and download a program to tune it. O well, They're not Hondas, what better reason to love em eh?

K Spec

May 14, 2006
San Diego
BosoMKII said:
hahah that has got to be some of the worst advice ever. How much is a new GTO, or a pre-owned for that matter? $30,000? He could swap a 7M-GTE or a 1JZ and with a few mods be faster that that POS GM for a fraction of the cost.
Do you even know what an LS2 is? You've obviously never driven a GTO, it's worth the money. I love my Supra as much as anyone, maybe more than most, but if you're just looking for a fun, fast ride, buy one of these new, mid priced, power cars; saves time and ultimately money, cause they're under warranty. POS my ass. Type what you know.

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
I do know a little bit about the LS2. I agree, its a badass engine. All aluminium, 400hp. One of the top engines IMO actually. I know a guy with one in his FD3S, its absolutly savage.

The reason I say its bad advice is because we are talking about a guy who will saving up $$$ just to boost. This is not the profile of a $30,000 + car buyer.

The engine is great, but the rest of the car is just a Holden, with the unfortunate fact that it was built by GM here in the U.S.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
BosoMKII said:
I do know a little bit about the LS2. I agree, its a badass engine. All aluminium, 400hp. One of the top engines IMO actually. I know a guy with one in his FD3S, its absolutly savage.

The reason I say its bad advice is because we are talking about a guy who will saving up $$$ just to boost. This is not the profile of a $30,000 + car buyer.

The engine is great, but the rest of the car is just a Holden, with the unfortunate fact that it was built by GM here in the U.S.

I thought we built em here and shipped em over?
(this doesn't make the build quality any better trust me on this)

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
Your right. I just did a web search and its the next GTO that will be built in the U.S. the current model being built in AU. My mistake.

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
I read in the new "Modified" that the production of the mighty GTO might be coming to a halt completely and that GM is replacing their D1 GTO with a Solstice.

-Derek