high powered NA!

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Allan_MA70 said:
because your going to have to spin it to 9000rpm to get decent power once you have cam's and ITB's

Pfft. Which is why I said TB 1st anyways. You should know to not argue with a female, we will have it our way until proven otherwise at the last minute. If you hear me crying about needing new rods in a couple of years, then you can have a mod ban me for a day or something :icon_surp

Allan_MA70

Banned
May 1, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Tanya said:
Pfft. Which is why I said TB 1st anyways. You should know to not argue with a female, we will have it our way until proven otherwise at the last minute. If you hear me crying about needing new rods in a couple of years, then you can have a mod ban me for a day or something :icon_surp

But you see I dont really care as your not my missus im not the one that has to put up with it (or a lack of "IT") when you end up with a car thats not very street friendly at all and your grumpy :evil2:

have you seen the price of a 2jz-ge lately? and its power out of the box? I picked up one for free :p

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
are you kidding me? my car is already "not street friendly" and the guts haven't been opened yet!

I have my insane ideas/reasons/goals, just leave it at that :)

Jervis Mcstabby

Puddin Pops!
Jun 21, 2006
Where Indeed, CA
www.myspace.com
Kai said:
Interesting. I'll get eddie to do the timing on it. If i can find out how to do it, that is :D

Possibly the timing they put out is to adhere to emissions regs or something. I know that in '88, my N/A was running on LEADED 97 octane, says in the manual to use Leaded, and Unleaded 98 as a fallback, which i have to use anyway, seeing as Leaded and LRP was phased out in 2000 to 2002

Dunno if i'd count my Supra as high mileage - cause over the last 18 years, its only just hit 165,000 on the clock (miles) and its had an HKS headgasket done on it before it succumbed to a BHG according to the wad of reciepts and bills i've got from Toyota & other garages.

Best way i know to get performance out of an engine other than timing - is to raise the compression. 9.8:1 would be a nice figure :)
All you really need to do it is a timing light and a 12mm wrench

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
then dont buy one labeled form a supra get one from a lexus $500 bucks then rebuild it... if you say you cant find one and your in the U.S. your full of $h1T but Kai you are in london so i can understand that. and if i could ever stay in the states long enough id finish my setup so far its goin good and ive swapped minimal parts into my 90

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Fact is, the UK is very much different pricewise for parts, and likewise for availability. £2000 is the cheapest i've EVER found a replacement engine (2JZ wise) - with most for rebuild purposes starting at £500/600, which is 900 to 1100 US dollars.

Lexus never used to be very popular here until recently, and the only ones you see now are either IS200's or RX's. This isnt an easy place to find anything - hell, even finding a wiper arm for it is nigh on impossible unless imported from Japan or removed from a scrapper vehicle, which are rare enough on their own.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
From the US, well, i can buy one on ebay, then its just a case of spending another £400 or so on shipping it to the UK. As for importing from Japan, all the companies here that do it charge through the nose, probably at least the same price plus another £500 or so for good measure - they have to make a profit somehow.