high powered NA!

Jervis Mcstabby

Puddin Pops!
Jun 21, 2006
Where Indeed, CA
www.myspace.com
MKIII N00b said:
whats the most anyone got out of an NA? like the most. let me know so i dont have to go turbo.
As far as I know, you can get about 230-250hp, but only if you fit the GE with a modded bolt-on turbo setup. Anyway, I don't think it would be worth it to mod your 7MGE because:
1. You can't upgrade it
2. You can't have more than 12psi of boost, as the GE has a higher internal pressure than the GTE. So if you tried to go over 12 your engine would likely explode.
So in the you'd still be better off getting a turbo. With most N/A's what you see is what you get, barring a port polish and lightweight pistons, rods, and crankcase (But all that would be exponentially more expensive the finding a well-kept 7MGTE).

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
High Powered NA? is this an Oxymoron? :) <jk>

Take a look at Defiant 7M's build up if you're serious about getting power from an NA this is the way to go but it's always going to be a HUGE outlay of $$$ as there is little to no aftermarket for NA motors so going Turbo is the cheap option/best bang for the $.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Yes it was doomed by a Muppet Machinst when it was bored and decked!

He'd screwed a lifting jig into the Cam belt tensioner bolt hole which is directly in line with #1 cylinder, this pressed the bore in a bit they bored it and when he removed the jig it popped out and the bore had a 50c piece low spot where the rings couldn't seal.....

Had blowby from day1

PROJECT N00b

XBL: Mkiii DriFt3r
May 22, 2005
honolulu, california
www.myspace.com
yeah, threads like these never really make it, there are too many of them and im just one of the lazy people that dont really go searching for the answers...when i feel like it. but its late again im tired dont want to sleep...this might as well be another late night thread.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Well, in all honesty, the NA was built for a DD. they run for just about ever.
and require not a whole lot of major maintence.
with that said. these engines werent built for mainstream power.
If u want power, fly down to aussie land, and beat up ian and allan. and get them to work on it.

darkandroid1234

What? ...Yaaassss!
May 10, 2006
Bradenton, FL
If you want power, go turbo, if you want a headache, go turbo without a MHG, but eitherway, go turbo...

The N/a engine is just not going to get you the responce you want.

Listen to IJ, and do what he said, it will work, even if he is an upside down aussie!

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
Jervis Mcstabby said:
1. You can't upgrade it
2. You can't have more than 12psi of boost, as the GE has a higher internal pressure than the GTE. So if you tried to go over 12 your engine would likely explode.

Not true. There are lots of upgrades you can do. But your right, its very expensive relitive to the gains.

12psi? Where did you get that number? I have seen many engines that are "not supposed to be boosted" hold plenty of boost and HP. Its all in the tune.

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
Then buy some turbo pistions slap on the turbo electronics and turbo injectors,

and dont forget the turbo manifold and the turbo plus the intercooler then you have a 7mge-t that will make more then 250hp.

Look around on ebay for pistions theres been some good deals on there. If your interested I got some turbo pistions from a JDM block.