High compression high RPM 7M-GE build

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
I sent a PM about the retention plate. I need that in my engine.

1726009shut_up_and_take_my_money_super_thumb.jpg

andrew_mx83

Mar 22, 2008
Melbourne
Ok i went to the bearing shop this morning and cleared out their remaining Koyo stock of the thrust bearings (4 more sets) and CNC'd up 4 more plates. They arent quite finished yet, precision tolerances for bearing fits and oil clearances = slow work

NegativeGeForce;1997826 said:
I sent a PM about the retention plate. I need that in my engine.
pm replied.

Grandavi;1997814 said:
YOu should "pull your finger out" and make a group buy of this with about 20 sets... lol.

Are you going to vent the cover?
lol, this must be an aussie expression "pull your finger out of your arse and get to work"
no venting on the cam covers, PCV will be taken care of via the breather fitting on the block, going to a separate oil header tank/catch can
edit -yes i will make a batch of the cam covers, probably after i get my engine done and running though. i want to be 100% sure they dont leak and the PCV system works as expected first. hopefully this is only a couple of weeks off.... where's my damn pistons??? :/

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
This is INSANE. Excellent work and excellent finish to each and every component. Not sure if i read it but are you hand finishing the port sections your cnc cant reach?

Those cam covers are mint!

andrew_mx83

Mar 22, 2008
Melbourne
Its starting to look a bit less like a bare block now. Replacement pistons should be here this week, ring gaps and rod clearances are already set so they should basically go straight in. Still gotta drill or groove the rods for pin and bore oiling (leaning more towards drilling now)

roller bearing installed for rear of aux shaft which blocks off the oil feed to the original plain bearing and saves a bit more flow for the mains
xzgx.jpg

aux shaft modified to suit and assembled with new retention plate
pkoa.jpg

installed, front ready to go together
wyql.jpg

front and rear covers on, all seals installed
crod.jpg

new genuine water pump
82nv.jpg

ej33.jpg

new design of engine mounts has a rubber bush instead of poly so are nice and soft like OEM to try and mask the lumpy idle i will probably get from the cams.
80t1.jpg

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
IJ.;1998729 said:
Did you machine off the fuel pump cam from the AUX Shaft?

Looks like it.. Also I think the post 89 oil pump drive shaft doesn't have the fuel pump cam. Could be wrong though, seems like i built my motor forever ago lol

andrew_mx83

Mar 22, 2008
Melbourne
Backlash2032;1998746 said:
Looks like it.. Also I think the post 89 oil pump drive shaft doesn't have the fuel pump cam. Could be wrong though, seems like i built my motor forever ago lol

All the aux shafts ive seen have a blank round section at the back which could be/used to be turned into the fuel pump lobe, back in the day.
And the round section at the front was turned into a dizzy drive gear i believe

andrew_mx83

Mar 22, 2008
Melbourne
Timmy belt finally turned up today so i got the front of motor all assembled. Shame im keeping a/c as the tensioner and bracket really un-pretty the engine :(

vog5.jpg

A better view of the 36-1 crank trigger for my waste spark ignition setup
2dpt.jpg

Also cut and shut the water pipe to suit the LPG converter's new location on the intake side of the engine (the converter needs hot water to, y'know, convert the LPG liquid into vapour). will have to make up some sort of bracket to mount the converter once the head goes on and i can dummy everything up to check clearance.

Slowly running out of things to do on the short motor. have to machine up the oil pump outlet, fabricate (ew) a front sump pickup, baffle the sump and drop the pistons in when they finally arrive.
Then assemble the head, finish the intake manifold and a million other little jobs...

andrew_mx83

Mar 22, 2008
Melbourne
IJ.;1998761 said:
Mine had the fuel pump lobe offset, I turned it off just cos ;)

yeah i went full retard on an aux shaft years ago but have never been game enough to actually run it in an engine. inside the rear bearing journal is hollowed out as well. weighs a fair bit less than standard :)
nzrv.jpg

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
andrew_mx83;1998961 said:
yeah i went full retard on an aux shaft years ago but have never been game enough to actually run it in an engine. inside the rear bearing journal is hollowed out as well. weighs a fair bit less than standard :)
Don't think you'd have an issue using that shaft, I had to take mine down quite a bit as it was tapping the Pauter Con Rods I was using...

Can't remember the end diameter I used but it was a good deal thinner than stock..