Gran Turismo 5

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I had those round taillights on my Supra..

you get 3 or 4 inch PVC tubing and cut to fit, looked pretty good during the night and stock during the day, but I decided to take them out..

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
I bought a ps1 and GT when an autocrossing buddy told me it was the best sim around. Then GT2. Then GT3. Then PS2 came out with GT4 and everyone hyped it up -- I'm sorry, maybe the graphics were better, but simulation-wise not much improved (aside from some new tracks). Being that its the only game I have for ps2, i decided not to buy a ps3 until GT5 was actually out. What was that, 4 years ago? Seems like at this point I might as well just wait for ps4 too...

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
ma71supraturbo;1416329 said:
I bought a ps1 and GT when an autocrossing buddy told me it was the best sim around. Then GT2. Then GT3. Then PS2 came out with GT4 and everyone hyped it up -- I'm sorry, maybe the graphics were better, but simulation-wise not much improved (aside from some new tracks). Being that its the only game I have for ps2, i decided not to buy a ps3 until GT5 was actually out. What was that, 4 years ago? Seems like at this point I might as well just wait for ps4 too...

GT1 and 2 were for PS1
GT3 and 4 were for PS2
GT5 is for PS3

Not much improved between 3 and 4 as far as physics, but there were small improvements. 3 and 4 were FAR ahead of 1 and 2 though.

I wouldn't say that 4 was not much of an improvement from 3 though. Do you know how much was added to 4 from 3?

GT3: 150 cars, 34 tracks, A-spec only
GT4: 700 cars, 51 tracks, A-spec & B-spec

That's a pretty big improvement IMO, not to mention the slight graphics improvement and slight physics improvement.

In any case, GT4 was in no way disappointing.

Jeff

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
SupraOfDoom;1416639 said:
I enjoyed GT4.

It's definitely the best game released thus far.

GT5 Prologue is awesome (physics and graphics), but we really need GT5 so that the rest of the game content is filled in before I can consider it awesome in the sense of the GT series. That being said, from everything I've seen and/or played, GT5 will not disappoint!

Jeff

(GT5 Prologue would stand as it's own game if it weren't for the fact it's a GT game, haha).

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Jeff Lange;1416681 said:
It's definitely the best game released thus far.

GT5 Prologue is awesome (physics and graphics), but we really need GT5 so that the rest of the game content is filled in before I can consider it awesome in the sense of the GT series. That being said, from everything I've seen and/or played, GT5 will not disappoint!

Jeff

(GT5 Prologue would stand as it's own game if it weren't for the fact it's a GT game, haha).

Agreed, one thing I did notice about GT5P that worries me though, and worries me a lot, is that prize cars couldn't be sold for as much as normal cars (similar to forza 2). And prize cars was my main source of income in previous GT games. I mean in GT4 I could expect to do the second race in special condition events, make 5k per race and then sell the prize car for 265k. I hope that doesn't change.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Kangae;1416702 said:
Agreed, one thing I did notice about GT5P that worries me though, and worries me a lot, is that prize cars couldn't be sold for as much as normal cars (similar to forza 2). And prize cars was my main source of income in previous GT games. I mean in GT4 I could expect to do the second race in special condition events, make 5k per race and then sell the prize car for 265k. I hope that doesn't change.
I'd agree if it were for the previous GT games. But seeing as this game is online it would be nice if there was some challenge to upgrading your cars and acquiring higher end cars for the online perspective.