Gran Turismo 5

berto22;1414425 said:
my dad bought himself the supra which is now mine before i played gran turismo 1 on the ps1. when i got the game and found out the mk3 was the best car u could buy to start off the game, i couldnt help but feel bad ass.. :icon_bigg

Ha, I just bought a Turbo R and a Turbo A in GT4 :3d_frown:
Still addicted.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
berto22;1414425 said:
my dad bought himself the supra which is now mine before i played gran turismo 1 on the ps1. when i got the game and found out the mk3 was the best car u could buy to start off the game, i couldnt help but feel bad ass.. :icon_bigg

same here!

My brother went with a prelude, and I spent hours looking for a great 1st car, and I finally settled on the MKIII..

this was before I even liked cars..:naughty:

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Kai;1413784 said:
My hands dont have enough dexterity to use the controller like the rest of you button mashers. I grew up playing games on a keyboard...then a keyboard and mouse.

The only games i have for the PS3, are; Pain, Wipeout HD (immense fun), Dead Space (i have it on the PC, much easier to play with a keyboard & mouse) & Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (which is annoying, because some of the courses are IMPOSSIBLE).

For the most part i just leave it folding, or using it as a media extender.

EDIT: AND ITS TEAM FORTRESS 2 YOU...YOU....CANADIAN!

Button mashers eh. You know people usually take offense to that.

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
Wow..

8wkubk.png

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
Doward;1414687 said:
*yawn* Typical Sony Hype.

Oh, did you guys miss the actual, in-game footage from Forza 3? (That's right, this is IN GAME FOOTAGE - Not some BS 'Here's what we hope it'll look like!' rendering from another studio.)

*Video*

Sorry, Sony - you'll need to try again with the hype-machine.

Holy crap, is Forza really coming out in October? I have love for Gran Turismo, but Forza really is outclassing those guys pretty harshly. Isn't this going to be their 2nd awesome game released now in the same span of time GT:5 has been hyped over and over and never released?

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Negative - ATI's GPU subsystem in the Xbox360 is more powerful than the nVidia based RSX subsystem in the PS3.

The Cell processor is more powerful than the Xbox360s triple cored PowerPC-based CPU, but the reality is that the Cell is such a bitch to program for, that the Xbox360's processor is easier to get full performance out of.

The only thing the PS3 definitely has over the Xbox360 (aside from price, until recently) is the amount of space available on the optical storage medium.

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
Doward;1414687 said:
*yawn* Typical Sony Hype.

Oh, did you guys miss the actual, in-game footage from Forza 3? (That's right, this is IN GAME FOOTAGE - Not some BS 'Here's what we hope it'll look like!' rendering from another studio.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFwNP5zrvso

Sorry, Sony - you'll need to try again with the hype-machine.

WOW, cant tell you are a Bill Gates fanboy at all....:sarcasm:

yawn @ that video... I have already PLAYED two versions of GT5 betas that are of that level of eye candy.... and that was over 2 years ago for the first one that I downloaded and played for FREE! GT5 prologue and GT HD were astounding visually, on my HD TV screen, while I was driving a car with my G25 fully funtional wheel and pedals :icon_bigg.

So I for one am not blown away by Forza 3's footage, sorry XBOX, sorry Bill. A little late to the party for that. Does it look good? YES! There is no denying that it will also be a gorgeous game and probably almost as fun to play. Is it going to make me buy an XBOX? Not a chance. I am quite happy with my ps3 console. Perhaps if if Billy boy had come out with this level of game 2 years ago I would have owned an Xbox instead.

I disagree with your "hype" statement as well. GT5 will be a great game to own, and I am quite confident that I will be one of MANY satisfied customers. GT5P was a blast to play, just not enough cars / tracks and no damage. Adding these items with the full release will make it a 5/5 game that I will glady trade my hard earned cash for.

FINALLY! but still gotta wait till december for it to come out/... gay.. and who knows they could always push the date back too.. its happened before fricken GT..
my first game on the ps1 was gt. always been a favorite.

Forza is an awesome game tho really wanna get number 3 when it ocmes out.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Doward;1414715 said:
Negative - ATI's GPU subsystem in the Xbox360 is more powerful than the nVidia based RSX subsystem in the PS3.

The Cell processor is more powerful than the Xbox360s triple cored PowerPC-based CPU, but the reality is that the Cell is such a bitch to program for, that the Xbox360's processor is easier to get full performance out of.

The only thing the PS3 definitely has over the Xbox360 (aside from price, until recently) is the amount of space available on the optical storage medium.

It's not the cell that's hard to program for. It's the fact that Sony split the ram up between the graphics and board so programmers have to figure out how to use it sparingly / effectively.

Doward, that's not hype from Sony, that's hype from people on the internet, don't let it cloud your judgement.

Also, feel free to watch the in game videos of GT5 or the comparison video's where GT5 is obviously the better looking game. The gameplay is where Forza 3 might really shine though. I've been stressing it for awhile now that GT needs to learn from Forza or it's toast. It looks like the might be with this game but we'll see.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
most of every ps3 games are ported the Sony can produces better looking eye candy

you can see it on ps3 only games

just weight for finale fantasy it will be ported to xbox and the other will be made to work on the ps3

stupid bill gates maken me weight longer for that game fucken money grubber

but for gt5 i hope you can do much more with the cars that what makes car games fun maken the car your own

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
GT series alwas was more accurate at handling while Forza was more fun to play (and easier, imagine that, typical Xbox drunk fratboy player needs a simple game).

Do I like both? Yep.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
SupraOfDoom - splitting your threads between the individual SPEs of the proc IS a royal PITA, as you're wasting cycles if you can't have them all working concurrently on their 256k setups. I did a report on the Cell architecture in my Technical Communications class - it's a beast, but it's a bitchy beast ;)

7T*MGTE - Not a fanboy at all - thought I find it hilarious that you parallel Bill Gates as equalling all of Microsoft's gaming section. You must not like the man very much - does he owe you money or something? ;)

Yes, Sony Hype is very real. They did it with the Playstation 2, they did it with the Playstation 3, they've done it on damn near every game they've put out.

Technical demos from the Sony camp are NEVER what you get - remember the PS2 tech demos? God Of War came the closest to approaching what they convinced everyone they would have - and how many years after the fact?

I prefer Forza to GT - while the GT series was pretty in the replays and such. they never had me in-game, when I'm behind the wheel.

If you haven't played the Forza 3 demo, go do it. It is seriously amazing, and I'm anxiously awaiting October 10th.

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
Poodles;1414811 said:
GT series alwas was more accurate at handling while Forza was more fun to play (and easier, imagine that, typical Xbox drunk fratboy player needs a simple game).

Do I like both? Yep.

After playing Forza 2 alot, I found GT4 to be very arcade-ish. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Easier is a relative term, considering there are a hundred different combinations of driver assists and difficulty settings to choose from.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
JPsToyota;1414855 said:
After playing Forza 2 alot, I found GT4 to be very arcade-ish.

Agreed, but then again, it might be because Forza 2 was on a "higher platform" (360 vs PS2). More capability for Forza 2.

I like both series though. I don't have a PS3/360, so the system I go for is determined by which of these games are better/come out first :)

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
Doward;1414851 said:
7T*MGTE - Not a fanboy at all - thought I find it hilarious that you parallel Bill Gates as equalling all of Microsoft's gaming section. You must not like the man very much - does he owe you money or something? ;)

Yes, Sony Hype is very real. They did it with the Playstation 2, they did it with the Playstation 3, they've done it on damn near every game they've put out.

Technical demos from the Sony camp are NEVER what you get - remember the PS2 tech demos? God Of War came the closest to approaching what they convinced everyone they would have - and how many years after the fact?

I prefer Forza to GT - while the GT series was pretty in the replays and such. they never had me in-game, when I'm behind the wheel.

If you haven't played the Forza 3 demo, go do it. It is seriously amazing, and I'm anxiously awaiting October 10th.

Why do you think I dont like him? Do all the games in microsofts gaming section suck that bad? I'm not angry at the man at all but I'm glad it you found it amusing. Bill Gates is just "slightly" associated with microsoft, just associating a name with the brand. If he owed me money I would have collected by now, pretty sure he would be able to afford it.

I have already played the GT5P game (last year), its pretty amazing itself. It blew me away with graphics and just the sheer fun factor of the g25 wheel. And yes it delivered the "HYPE"... I drooled, ooohed and aaahed for a week after owning it. Thats why I am not blown away by the forza 3 trailers, I have already experienced "next gen" racing. Have you played GT5P? Would be hard to compare the two if you have not. Sounds like you are bitter with Sony for some reason and are doing a lot of speculating about GT5.

Forza 3 does not support the g25 wheel and pedals, a HUGE downside for me. Even if everything else is perfect (graphics, physics, etc) I would not be able to enjoy it as much as I would GT5 with g25 wheel support. If and when that changes I'll check it out. Until then, Bill is not getting my money for forza 3 ;).