Gran Turismo 5

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I think what Sony does is it gets excited about the technology it's researching before it's anywhere near done. I remember reading about the PS2 long before it came out, and it sounded sick. Well, when I read about it at that very second it was sick, but with delays, or things not going as planned it ends up on the market not nearly as impressive. Same goes for the Cell. The cell was a big ass deal when it was being made, but Sony ran into a bunch of problems which delayed it's release.

Also, I think you are putting way too much stress on Sony being the only ones guilty of this. Part of the people making this hype is game developers that are making exclusive content to the Sony system like Killzone 2.

I think Sony has kind of learned a bit from its mistakes. I didn't feel the PS3 was over hyped nearly as much as the PS2. I mean, the processor is really sick. Also, my biggest sign of Sony change is the fact they made PS3 almost entirely non-proprietary. Out of the box it supported: USB, Mini-USB, Carbon Flash Memory sticks, SD memory sticks, and Sony's memory sticks, as well as a plug and play 2.5" SATA drive which you can easily upgrade with out voiding the warranty. The PS3 also uses a standard PC / Monitor power cord. Just take a look at the fact that Xbox 360 is like the old Sony, with a proprietary harddrive, power cable, ect ect.

IDK, this time around I feel like the Sony hate is unjustified. Microsoft knowingly released a un-reliable console out and look how many people are suffering because of it.

And if you mention the fact that MS has a better warranty that's not because they are nice, it's because they legally have to or they would be sued like nuts.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
It seems as though GT4 lived up to my expectations, and exceeded them somewhat. Here it is years after its release and I just played it yesterday.

And as for Forza, I'm a fan of that series as well. I believe there is plenty of room in my life for 2 racing sims and I will gladly buy both.

And I'm sure you have all seen this video already but I like it very much so I figured I'd post it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=991WcoEPwb8&feature=fvst

From what I can gather from the video, I have no idea if there is any actual game play footage in there, but its not too much better than GT5P in my opinion so there could be.

But as I said, I'll gladly play both. And there is one thing I've always thought about GT5 since I played Forza 2, and that is that they have to at least have everything Forza does to remain competitive.

But since they are going to have damage, and actually have races from real sanctioning bodies I think thats a big plus for them.

In the end though, I'm a GT fan first, but I can respect that Turn 10 makes a good game and will gladly put down some money for their efforts...not like those guys at EA...

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
I think in the end, Forza is what I'll play when I want to make a crazy paint job on my car, or drift, because GT never really did either of those right, or even at all. And I'll play GT5 when I wanna drive a non-mainstream car or when my xbox is broken.

PS, my sig pic is from Forza 2.

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
I actually looked up the car list for this game last night and DAMN! So many damn cars haha. I'm pretty disappointed though as the options for the MKIII didn't seem to be any different from GT4. :icon_neut

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Supra28;1415386 said:
I actually looked up the car list for this game last night and DAMN! So many damn cars haha. I'm pretty disappointed though as the options for the MKIII didn't seem to be any different from GT4. :icon_neut

Well GT4 had the TTR and the Turbo A, those are pretty good. As a side note, Forza 2 had the 2.0 turbo which I thought was weird, but you could swap a 7m or a 2jz. Someone should have told them that some supras came with 1jzs.:sarcasm:

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Kangae;1415644 said:
Someone should have told them that some supras came with 1jzs.:sarcasm:
They went ahead and eliminated it because they quickly realized people actually wanted to win races and not slowly go round in circles while other cars lapped you. :biglaugh:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Kangae;1415644 said:
Well GT4 had the TTR and the Turbo A, those are pretty good. As a side note, Forza 2 had the 2.0 turbo which I thought was weird, but you could swap a 7m or a 2jz. Someone should have told them that some supras came with 1jzs.:sarcasm:

do-luck supra = 1JZ