Got hit tonight, :) Fixed with pics on Post 91

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
nick88;1470070 said:
Alright, let me know so I can start digging it out with my grandpa's plow truck, and tractors. lol

If you don't know that there is a supra behind the our garage/shop/barn, you would have no idea that it is there.

Holy shit that must be a ton of snow. I'll let you know what I find, Ty for the offer btw, means a lot from everyone coming to help me like this.

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
SupraMario;1470080 said:
Holy shit that must be a ton of snow. I'll let you know what I find, Ty for the offer btw, means a lot from everyone coming to help me like this.

Yeah, its in a snow drift, I got to get a fender off of it so I will be digging out the front some time this week. I will try to take pics of it. lol. At least the cold doesn't bother me if I am dressed right. And btw the bumper is silver.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
SupraMario;1470048 said:
I won't let her go to the junker, driving back from cookeville made me realize how much history I have with this car, I'm gonna save it. I'll figure out how to fix it, I've got a ton of people wanting to help me fix it, so I'll figure it out.

Great to hear. :)

Good luck!

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
First off... good to hear that you're ok... cars can be reshelled and rebuilt...

Now, rant time...

Man... I f*cken _hate_ 4 way stop signs for just that reason...

Over here, there is no such thing as a 4 way stop... Driving in California, it was such a head f*ck pulling up to a stop sign and looking to see if you can spot the other stop signs so that you know if the cross traffic is stopping or not... and if you take too long trying to figure it out, the cross traffic takes off in front of you even if you have right of way...

F*ck that... you guys can keep that sh*t...

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
I have quite a bit of experience with filler and painting.... so I am willing to lend a helping hand if you so wish. I am located in Manchester... it is an hour from both Cookeville and Nashville...

If only I had a place to work out of here - I would have you fixed up really good, I used to fix crap like that all the time.

But yeah, that Supra is so easily savable, and I am glad to see that you came out alright. Cookeville is a little weird when it comes to driving around in the residential areas, so what happened to you isn't very surprising... just count your blessings!

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
FIL;1470237 said:
First off... good to hear that you're ok... cars can be reshelled and rebuilt...

Now, rant time...

Man... I f*cken _hate_ 4 way stop signs for just that reason...

Over here, there is no such thing as a 4 way stop... Driving in California, it was such a head f*ck pulling up to a stop sign and looking to see if you can spot the other stop signs so that you know if the cross traffic is stopping or not... and if you take too long trying to figure it out, the cross traffic takes off in front of you even if you have right of way...

F*ck that... you guys can keep that sh*t...

Yep, I know what you mean, its irritating. Most people don't even know how to use a 4 way stop, let alone actually know what "the-right-of-way" means.

Setheroo;1470246 said:
I have quite a bit of experience with filler and painting.... so I am willing to lend a helping hand if you so wish. I am located in Manchester... it is an hour from both Cookeville and Nashville...

If only I had a place to work out of here - I would have you fixed up really good, I used to fix crap like that all the time.

But yeah, that Supra is so easily savable, and I am glad to see that you came out alright. Cookeville is a little weird when it comes to driving around in the residential areas, so what happened to you isn't very surprising... just count your blessings!

I've got a garage heated too. Over Xmas Break looks like I'll be seeing if I can repair her. If not then off to get a qrter panel and weld it on.

skull

Dec 4, 2009
sweetwater tn
If i was back in TN, i would come give you a hand on the project. I live near knoxville and wouldnt mind coming to help. Only problem im stuck in texas until feb :(

Let me know when i get back if you still need help.

-Thomas

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
skull;1471045 said:
If i was back in TN, i would come give you a hand on the project. I live near knoxville and wouldnt mind coming to help. Only problem im stuck in texas until feb :(

Let me know when i get back if you still need help.

-Thomas

There will still be plenty to do when you get back if you still would like to come over and shoot the shit, free beer and w/e I decide to grill. LOL
This has really set me up for the summer project I had anyways: Go single 2jz, wheels, paint, and maybe something else.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Well, during the worst flood Nashville has ever seen in history. My brother from another mother WesPatt and I worked 21+ish hours on repairing and reshaping what was left of the quarter panel.

We succeeded and I've never felt so happy with seeing Army Green self etching primer on this car in my life. I am truly amazed at how well we were able to get this thing back in shape. Wes is the one who should get all the props, I was more muscle and tearing things down as I'm about as knowledgeable on body work as I am with underwater tennis. So On to the pictures.

Remember now, this was happening and accomplished with two days of solid rain and houses floating down I24 here in Nashville. I don't have a garage and didn't drive it up to my parents to use theirs so we built basically a tent garage and it worked quiet well.

Pics:
p1560228_1.jpg

p1560228_2.jpg

p1560228_3.jpg

p1560228_4.jpg

p1560228_5.jpg

p1560228_6.jpg

p1560228_7.jpg

p1560228_8.jpg

p1560228_9.jpg

p1560228_10.jpg

p1560228_11.jpg

p1560228_12.jpg

p1560228_13.jpg

p1560228_14.jpg

p1560228_15.jpg

p1560228_16.jpg

p1560228_17.jpg

p1560228_18.jpg

p1560228_19.jpg

p1560228_20.jpg

p1560228_21.jpg

p1560228_22.jpg

p1560228_23.jpg

p1560228_24.jpg

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Can a Mod change the title to add Fixed with pics on Post 91 Plz, it won't let me change the title for some reason.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
looks like you guys got some shape back in that quarter. :)

did those puller holes get welded shut? if not, the body filler will absorb the moisture from behind and crack.
might not happen for a few years, just a lil FYI.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
kotu100;1560826 said:
looks like you guys got some shape back in that quarter. :)

did those puller holes get welded shut? if not, the body filler will absorb the moisture from behind and crack.
might not happen for a few years, just a lil FYI.

They will be when it goes to paint, the filler is just a temp fix to keep its shape and keep it from rusting.

maj75

Apr 14, 2010
Miami, FL
SupraMario;1560835 said:
They will be when it goes to paint, the filler is just a temp fix to keep its shape and keep it from rusting.

???????

Put a primer/sealer on the rough repair to prevent rust, not filler, filler absorbs moisture. Why would you go to the trouble of putting in all that mud, shaping and finishing because you will just have to take it all out to find the holes you drilled for the puller. IMHO there is WAY too much filler in that panel. Correct repair for that would have been to do a partial replacement the quarter panel. Would not have been difficult since the inner panels were fairly straight as indicated by the fit of the doors and hatch.

Good effort in taking on the repair yourself, but sometimes, it is just not worth it. Unlikely that this repair will be undetectable, and if so, it really hurts the value of your car. A correct repair would be undetectable and preserve the value of your car.