Got hit tonight, :) Fixed with pics on Post 91

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
SupraMario;1469350 said:
<shaeff snip- no need to quote every pic! ;)>
Doesn't look all that bad. I mean if you can find a clean shell for 500-800 I would do that over repair it, but if you can't I would guess with some know how, and people you know the price being around 900-1300 to fix that body work and repair the suspension.

With all that said, good luck to you.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
IJ.;1469379 said:
Only if you can find someone local to help with it otherwise it doesn't make economical sense :)

Yep, my thought process is 500 for a shell and swap parts

Or 1300 or more, for repairs

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
IJ.;1469383 said:
"If" you could do the work it could be repaired for the $500 and you need to factor in the time to swap your drivetrain across on top of the $500 shell.

I'll be honest, I've removed so many motors and removed the 2jz now enough times that I can remove it and swap it into a new shell in a weekend.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Spend $500-1000 on a good shell, and part out that shell after the swap to recoup your money. You can keep any parts you want, and make 1 great car, and have most of one to part out. You would rarely sell a rear bumper or a quarter panel anyway. You may get a better year, better paint, lower miles, or even some mods out of the deal. I got all of that with the purchase of my 92 shell, and made back more than my purchase price out of the 2 cars. Then I still had a good shell to donate to George, so he could rebuild his 2J car.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
ForcedTorque;1469385 said:
Spend $500-1000 on a good shell, and part out that shell after the swap to recoup your money. You can keep any parts you want, and make 1 great car, and have most of one to part out. You would rarely sell a rear bumper or a quarter panel anyway. You may get a better year, better paint, lower miles, or even some mods out of the deal. I got all of that with the purchase of my 92 shell, and made back more than my purchase price out of the 2 cars. Then I still had a good shell to donate to George, so he could rebuild his 2J car.

PM me what you paid for your 92 shell.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Mario, I looked at the pictures the guy sent me. It's not a 91. Looks like it's an 88 to me. It's dirty as can be since it's been sitting up for a while. I don't even know if he still has it, but I can send him an email to find out if you want me too. I can send you the pictures that he sent me as well if you'll give me your email address.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
suprahero;1469392 said:
Mario, I looked at the pictures the guy sent me. It's not a 91. Looks like it's an 88 to me. It's dirty as can be since it's been sitting up for a while. I don't even know if he still has it, but I can send him an email to find out if you want me too. I can send you the pictures that he sent me as well if you'll give me your email address.

SupraMario (at) Gmail

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
definatly repairable, new control arms, qtr repair and paint(which you probably needed anyway)

why do people give up on these cars so easily? i could have that repaired in less than a week!

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
fixitman04;1469418 said:
definatly repairable, new control arms, qtr repair and paint(which you probably needed anyway)

why do people give up on these cars so easily? i could have that repaired in less than a week!

I'm not giving up on it, I just don't have the knowledge or a mig welder to repair it let alone find a rear quarter panel.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I dont know much about body work or know how to do it. But if the cost and parts availability doesn't exceed the cost of another shell then definitely fix it. If you really want to upgrade in anyway then look for another shell and swap everything over. Thats what i would do.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
akito;1469527 said:
I dont know much about body work or know how to do it. But if the cost and parts availability doesn't exceed the cost of another shell then definitely fix it. If you really want to upgrade in anyway then look for another shell and swap everything over. Thats what i would do.

I've gotta find out how much it will cost to get repaired.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Dude. WTF You're over-reacting.

Repair It. Thats nothing. I'd start by replacing the suspension pieces that are broken. :)

Baseball Bat to straighten the wheel well. ;)

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Zumtizzle;1469540 said:
Dude. WTF You're over-reacting.

Repair It. Thats nothing. I'd start by replacing the suspension pieces that are broken. :)

Baseball Bat to straighten the wheel well. ;)

TBH I always over react, and I'm not kidding. I always plan for the worse. I dunno I've never done body work before and right now I feel like just saying fuck it might as well go head and upgrade. I hate driving around in a car that the body is fucked on. I don't even know where to start or how to do something like this.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
that qtr is very saveable, bdywork is easy. i get down that way on occasion as my parents live in hopkinsville. if you get it driveable i would be willing to help work it out at easter when i come down.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
if you need any suspension parts let me know, i have a complete rear subframe sittin out back. i'd be willing to cut off the camber bolts and ship out the control arm/ hub assembly.