Furious But Lazy 7M owner who gave Up.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
IBoughtASupra;1886870 said:
So IJ, added heat doesn't make parts expand?

Yes and clearances are widened to also allow increase in oil volume around parts for lubrication and cooling, no?
Thermal expasion if we were talking Pistons, Rings Valves Yes but we're talking about the Need for added bearing clearences for high output engine, and this has NOTHING at all to do with Thermal expansion as if it's getting hot oil temp to the point the crank is growing you have a failure about to happen.

Oil clearence is added in this case as I-6 engines are long wet noodles no matter how strong you think they are, run tight clearences and you'll see funky bearing wear patterns on the Mains as the block moves around so much you shear of 1.5 thou Oil wedge and the crank touches the bearings while turning, add clearence/pressure and a thicker Oil and this stops happening..

BoostMonger;1886900 said:
Bull, my timing belt cog wouldn't go back on so I threw it in the oven and slid on slicker than shit

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
See above, I shrink fit parts often but that's NOT what the discussion was about.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
p1887032_1.jpg

p1887032_2.jpg

p1887032_3.jpg

p1887032_4.jpg

p1887032_5.jpg

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
Turbo sorry i havent posted on here yet. Congrats on all of the work! It's great that there are so many people in the AZ supra community. Looking at the parts you just posted that looks like the tanabe touring medallion exhaust i see. If so they are great.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Jay C;1887033 said:
Turbo sorry i havent posted on here yet. Congrats on all of the work! It's great that there are so many people in the AZ supra community. Looking at the parts you just posted that looks like the tanabe touring medallion exhaust i see. If so they are great.

Yes sir its the touring medallion I so excited to here what it sounds like.

Also you would be surprised of the amount of supra's here.so many not active in the forums

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
yhatzee89;1887470 said:
If I don't get blown away by sandy this weekend then I'll be shipping your kit by the end of the week :)

Be safe man. For some reason my mom and dad decide to fly out to Maryland (possibly work related) all of ocean city was evacuated. They're now staying in Philadelphia till planes allow them to leave.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
So is there any part numbers or good ways that people are doing for the hoses the go to the fire wall Intake and exhaust side?

Also i just need to run a hose from the IAC to the intake pipe on the turbo correct?

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Thanks one day you will just don't give up.

Trust me most people think i'm very crazy for what i did with the money..

Very few see what i've gone through and how much i love this car its a awesome feeling when someone likes what i've done

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
So lets talk fuel Pumps/Injectors and Fuel lines for my E85 setup because that's the next step for me.

I want to build my fuel system to handle 1000WHP even if i never get there.

So i'm thinking along these lines thus far

ID or precision injectors (will be placing a order for a rail from Andy soon.)

2 Bosch 044 pumps or E85 Walbro 400's

and Braided E85 fuel lines or steel lines

Deciding on parts is the easy part

Setting up a good fuel system i know nothing about YET.

I'm not sure if i should have the tank sumped or which way to route the pumps/filters and lines. I've seen some pretty interesting local setups but don't know where to begin.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Clint;1888112 said:
You get this car running yet?

Car was on the machine shops dyno before it left last Friday and that's the only time it was on.

Its now at a friends exhaust shop getting the Intercooler piping cut/re welded so it's not a tight fit or close to the ground should be doe by tomorrow or Thursday (my birthday)by the latest.