ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Well just for you Ken......I'll post some cool text!

I just came home for lunch, because I was told I had a huge box. My Shine front bumper is here!!!!!!! The box was HUGE, and it arrived without a scratch on it, and looking beautiful! I'm so happy!

Next, I started digging into some of the boxes that my buddy brought me along with the red car. The first harness I pulled out was uncut, and the problem connector matches up in my car. I know, there's a lot more connectors on the harness, but lunch is short.

I should be able to at least get a picture of the bumper tonight. And with any luck, it may even be on the car when I take it. So that picture will be there too tomorrow for you Ken.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
gtsfirefighter said:
:wiggle:
I'm getting antsy for more updates Scott. It's been too quiet in this thread.

OK, OK............I have a few updates.

My Brother and his wife had a beautiful baby boy this week, and I haven't been around the house much for the last couple of days to work on the car.

I was able to locate some studs to attach my exhaust to the turbo. For anyone else looking....they are 10-125's. I also bought a new brake master cylinder and a slave cylinder for the clutch. That's pretty much all I have done this week before today.

Today I have gotten a little closer to being ready to attempt to start it. I got my master cylinder installed, my exhaust studs and exhaust system hung, got my intercooler mounted a little better than before (still needs a little tweaking), and I got my intercooler piping pretty much figured out. I still need to cut one pipe, and get a couple of 2 1/2 to 2 1/4 reducers. One of those is for the connection to the turbo, and the other is a temporary for the 3000 pipe until my HKS comes in. I also got my motor mount nuts put on (Thanks Ken).

I ran into trouble trying to mount the new slave cylinder, because I have the wrong one. I came in and got cleaned up a little, and am here cooling off. I'm going back to the OReilley's to swap out the slave, and try to get some cheap reducers for now.

I still need to get my get my clutch fork in, and mount the slave, and install my tranny stiffeners. Then it's time to turn attention to swapping out my wiring harness, and re-do all of my sodering of the injector clips and AFC wiring AGAIN! Then after finishing up the intercooler piping and intake piping, it'll be time to put a battery in it and attempt start. I'm sure there are some small things I have forgotten.

NOW...........I have a couple of questions*************

1. Can I attempt to start this thing with new 550 injectors and AFPR before I install the new Walbro? This would be a curiosity start, and would never get driven on hard. It would be installed very soon afterward.

2. How much tweaking will I have to do to the Aeromotive to even get the car to start?

3. Does the stock Accordian hose work with the larger Lexus AFM? It seems like a good bit of streching would be required.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
ForcedTorque said:
p689845_1.jpg

I Give Up!!!!:cry: :biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
He's a one man red army.................:biglaugh:

I wish I knew the answer to your questions Scott, but I'd be scared to tell you one way or the other. If you don't have a wideband installed then I would wait for the Walbro just to be safe................:dunno:

:ttiwwp: ........of the new bumper installed.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
the stock accordian will stretch enough to fit the Lex AFM, I did that on Lucy. As for starting the car with the stock pump I cant see a good reason why it wouldnt keep up with the limited amount of fuel flowing at idle and just above for testing purposes. I mean your not gonna do a dyno pull on it thats for sure. But to run at idle? I cant imagine it would be an issue.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
da89soup said:
I Give Up!!!!:cry: :biglaugh:

Ryan....I truly have always hated a red car! But you have to jump on a deal when it comes along, and my last couple of deals to come down the pipe have been with these RED cars. Nothing is official so far on that car, but I really doubt that that car is going home. I can drag my feet on the motor install until I have the cash to pay for the car.

suprahero said:

I'm gonna let the body shop properly install the bumper, since the car will be going there as soon as it runs. But, I will get a picture of it today sitting in place.

theWeezL said:
the stock accordian will stretch enough to fit the Lex AFM, I did that on Lucy. As for starting the car with the stock pump I cant see a good reason why it wouldnt keep up with the limited amount of fuel flowing at idle and just above for testing purposes. I mean your not gonna do a dyno pull on it thats for sure. But to run at idle? I cant imagine it would be an issue.

Thanks for the answers Pete. I was looking at the difference in the two AFM's yesterday. The stock one will fit inside of the Lexus at that end.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm not sure exactly what you are talking about, but I know when I installed my Lexus afm, I had to boil my accordian hose in a pot of water to get it hot and flexible. It went on with ease after that.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
suprahero said:

I have been wanting to see this in person as bad as you have been wanting to see pictures. I'm close enouh to being through under there that I went ahead and put it on the ground to take these pics. The header panel and bumper are both just sitting on the car unbolted. One small tap, and it all falls off. The driver side just won't quite stay up where it is supposed to be. I'm really liking how it sits with a motor in it and the bumper on it. This is the first time I have seen this too. Now, I can't wait to see it with my Bomex installed and after it has been painted all one color.

p691110_1.jpg

p691110_2.jpg

p691110_3.jpg

jmoneydtb

Old Skool Kool Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
AIM FTW! *does the i-get-to-see-cool-new-pics-first-dance!!!!!* and i must say....I WANT! :love: :love: :drool:

EDIT: dang it, you already posted em, now i can brag as much! :biglaugh:

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Looks awesome! Also it looks like you may need to go with another set of wheels to really set off that super red and Greddy front bumper combo! :) I cannot wait to see how she turns out all painted and pretty!

7-m-g-t-e

DFW Supra's!
Sep 11, 2005
Dallas,Tx
Wow I can REALLY see it now......... ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived with Whores!!!! :D Just take really good care of her, unfortunately I ran mine into a pole :( did everthing to the car but change brakes.... I think u know the rest... :( She's looking beautiful though. Be sure to change your brakes!

Marvin

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
suprahero said:
I kinda like the red, white, and black look that you've got going..........:love:
HEEEYYYYYY.............You forgot my grey!

Anyway, I got a modified 3000 pipe yesterday (to take the place of my HKS that's backordered) and it allowed me to finally get my Intercooler piping figured out. I just need 2 more couplers to get it finished. I ordered those from Aaron at 1/4 to 5 yesterday, and I listenned to him pull/pack/ship it before the truck got there to make the pick up. Aaron is the bomb!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
If I had known you needed them, I would have given them to you. I have a few couplers left, but I know Aaron gave you a good deal.