Cool/Rare parts thread?

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
For the very late production cars Toyota did only offer the GA70 twin turbo in wide body, I need to check but they may haven even scrapped the N/A and narrow body all together near the very end.
But post update there was the choice of either wide or narrow body GA70 and at the same time the MA70 was made only as a wide body

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
steveo;1588787 said:
I guess I have a few rare things...
JDM Bubble markers
JDM Rain guards
18 inch BIM Zeit RR rims 9.5" Rear and 8.5" Front
Hiro Tail covers
Replicated blinker covers
JDM tyte yo yellow fogs straight out of Japan
Factory JDM head unit only picks up FM channels 79-81 Hz
Factory Tool kit with wrench and a few other parts
And finally not the best but I would consider the rarest...

A widebody 1G-GTE Supra. To my knowledge a lot were made narrow body...

Bubble markers aren't exactly rare, nor are rain guards. Replicated blinker covers are definitely not rare. The real blinker covers are pretty scarce, especially if you're pre '89.

Factory tool kit is still in lots of cars, including mine. (actually that's a lie, it's in the garage)

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Jeff Lange;1588829 said:
Not sure why that's really on the list, since you can still buy them from OS Giken USA.

The TT-R was actually quite common in Japan, so while the seats aren't common here, they're not really rare. You can usually find a set or two on Yahoo Japan at any given time.

Part number on it is for the Turbo A, looks like they modified a Turbo A with the hole, etc. Probably explains why the diameter is exactly the same as the Turbo A. :)

You're right and wrong.

While the first JZA70 frame number is from April, 1990, the first "production" JZA70 wasn't until August, after MA70 production for Japan halted. It's similar to the first MA70 frame number being way back in February 1985, while production for export started in January 1986, and production for Japan started in February 1986.

While that is somewhat true, there were Pre-89 MA70's that were narrow body as well (I know Lil'Miss has posted pics of a few grey import ones from Japan, EPC agrees). Also I've seen later (91'ish) GA70 narrow bodies with the newer emblems, etc. They're not nearly as common, but they're out there.

Jeff

To my knowledge only the 1986.5 MA70's were narrow bodies. In 1987 they got the widebody supra. I've got videos of the 86.5 supra. But as for GA70's it seem at least what I can gather from Japanese Owners Club that in 90+ they were all widebody. So I guess we can assume that at some point they had left over narrow body panels that they used. Or perhaps only the 2.0GT and Limited came widebody while the standard 2.0 came narrow body?

When I said in production im just going by when they were produced according to the frame number. As I know at one point you could get all three models.

steveo

Dec 15, 2008
Alberta
So shaeff if JDM bubble markers aren't rare would it be alright if I were to black mine out. Like it wouldn't be blasphemous because they are "hard to get"

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
steveo;1589072 said:
So shaeff if JDM bubble markers aren't rare would it be alright if I were to black mine out. Like it wouldn't be blasphemous because they are "hard to get"

You can do whatever you want with your parts, don't ever let anyone else tell you otherwise..!:)

SuprAz

Jul 5, 2010
Grand Canyon State
7M-KDL;1589098 said:
dont listen to Razoe, you must consult the masses before you make any modifications to your car. it doesnt matter what you like, its whatever we(the forum) tell you to like :slap: jk....or am i?

Couldn't have said it better myself hahaha

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
JDMMA70;1588986 said:
To my knowledge only the 1986.5 MA70's were narrow bodies. In 1987 they got the widebody supra. I've got videos of the 86.5 supra. But as for GA70's it seem at least what I can gather from Japanese Owners Club that in 90+ they were all widebody. So I guess we can assume that at some point they had left over narrow body panels that they used. Or perhaps only the 2.0GT and Limited came widebody while the standard 2.0 came narrow body?

When I said in production im just going by when they were produced according to the frame number. As I know at one point you could get all three models.

When the wide body first came out it was only offered on the 3.0GT Limited, the 3.0GT was still narrow body. It was when they did the 89+ facelift that they made all the 7M models wide body.

Not all GAs were widebody from 90+, that was just when the option of a widebody GA was actually made available, it was MUCH later that the narrow body was dropped altogether very close to the end of the cars life.

I can dig out more info if anyone is interested.

Has anyone EVER seen a climate control panel without the AC buttons? I have seen pics of one in the Japanese brochures but never in the flesh, would be a cool novelty piece for those that have deleted AC

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Ive seen one i have a pic of it somewhere.

Well on the note of narrow body MA70's. I havent seen that many Pre89 JDM MA70's to begin with so of the majority i have seen only one has ever been a narrow body the rest were widebody. They did happen to be 3.0GT Limited though. I dont think ive seen a 3.0GT Pre89 Supra yet.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
shaeff;1588919 said:
Bubble markers aren't exactly rare, nor are rain guards. Replicated blinker covers are definitely not rare. The real blinker covers are pretty scarce, especially if you're pre '89.

Factory tool kit is still in lots of cars, including mine. (actually that's a lie, it's in the garage)

A lot of the parts folks are posting aren't exactly rare, in fact some are still available new from the various companies that manufactured them. This goes for stuff I have as well, but let us not forgot the word "cool" in the title.

In other words, this thread could be construed as meaning cool or rare parts, or as it was most likely intended originally, rare parts that qualify as cool.

steveo

Dec 15, 2008
Alberta
narrowbody.jpg

The white is narrow body... There is a thread somewhere that Supragirl posted about all the differences I believe on the Aussie forums...

I know it is whatever I like but I still like to have a second opinion seeing as how I am not 100% on doing it yet...

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
HKS_TRD;1589163 said:
Has anyone EVER seen a climate control panel without the AC buttons? I have seen pics of one in the Japanese brochures but never in the flesh, would be a cool novelty piece for those that have deleted AC
We here have a big button that goes over the AC/Econ buttons and that is fixed in place and doesn't move. Could you find the brochure?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I always thought the narrow bodied Mk3's look like Camaros, the fenders are really what sets our cars (visually anyway) apart from the third gen F-body, at least in my opinion.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
steveo;1589072 said:
By all means, do what you'd like! It's YOUR car! :)
RazoE;1589094 said:
You can do whatever you want with your parts, don't ever let anyone else tell you otherwise..!:)
Truth.
Dylan JZ;1589224 said:
A lot of the parts folks are posting aren't exactly rare, in fact some are still available new from the various companies that manufactured them. This goes for stuff I have as well, but let us not forgot the word "cool" in the title.

In other words, this thread could be construed as meaning cool or rare parts, or as it was most likely intended originally, rare parts that qualify as cool.
Reading > Me. LOL. Very true.

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
huh, that's wild. It'd be sweet to have 'narrowbody' fenders on the front and 'widebody' fenders on the back.
Something to add to the wishlist! *jots down narrow body front quarter panels.*