Cool/Rare parts thread?

supra0022

Apr 6, 2010
Suffolk, VA
JDMMA70;1553296 said:
Youre right and wrong.

American goes buy the model year of the car not the production date. While Japan goes by the production date. Therefore say you have a Supra built in Aug of 1990. It would be considered a 1991 Model in the States but in Japan its still considered a 1990 model due to the production date.

JZA70's went into production in April of 1990, (and they all got 5 spokes 16x7 +44mm offset) The TT-R got the same wheels only in Gunmetal.
Technically for Japan August 1990 was the end for the sawblades. Some models still got them.

I just went through all the Japanese Brochures and Accesory catalogs and theres nothing about some special 16x7.5 7 spoke rims. Im sorry you need to check your info cause im pretty sure that its not factory.

Just curious, where do you find stuff like the brochure's and catalogs? Also, I already admitted to being wrong on the wheel issue. But like someone already said, in japan Lexus is toyota so anything lexus here has toyota labeling there. I will show you the wheels as soon as I get a chance so you can see, that just because some brochure or catalog doesn't have it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Anyways, thank you for explaining the year thing. I didn't know that.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

kwnate;1553139 said:
I have a 1990 TTR. Explain that...

Just curious about where you live. If its in the U.S. then chances are its not genuine. Second about the year issue refer to the post above by JDMMA70.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
92nsx;1553165 said:
Where or who is your contact in Australia? I have been trying to track down a set of ducts for my lip for almost a year now :cry:. Every one I have contacted says they cant get them. Plus I even made a thread here on trying locate a set.

We could try to locate a set in Germany, technically basically :D Or you have tried already? ((I have a set lying around that I got for 20 euros :D Not giving away though :D))

Last edited:

seacombe2379

7M + MaftPro = FUN
Nov 22, 2009
Grangemouth, United Kingdom
never seen this before or heard of it but one of the guys over here had it and sold it to another

p1553952_1.jpg

i give you the HKS gear indicator for the Auto box

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
^
Cool! That's a first for me. Can you provide a better pic of the face? What's the HKS model #?

Does it do anything other than showing what gear your in?

SupraJerry

Banned
Jun 23, 2009
Kilgore
also shows when your car shifts into overdrive.
and it shows what gear yout auto is actually in,
where the indicator on the dash just shows where you have the shift lever set.

Last edited:

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
^Because a lot of people are cheap lol.

Does anyone know what kind of Sheepdog exhaust I have? Whether its VRS CS or VRS or other?

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Kai;1559297 said:
Got a Turbo-A ECU anywhere?
Do you want a pic of the ecu or are you actually after buying one?
i've actually seen a few for sale on E-bay and should have grabbed them when i had a chance.

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

There was a pommy bloke on here from the U.K that had a lot of rare group A parts, i hope he chimes in.

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
got bagged for linking yahoo threads in past but if anyone is intereted (i recall one regalus fanatic on this forum)

heres a genuine rear add on thingo for around 120 bux plus shipping

takuman717-img600x450-1272377180uvwwhl80495.jpg

my list of goodies ive bought over the years that stand out as some of my favourites are:

aragosta coilovers (rare due to fact not many people keen to pay 4k on a set)
arc titanium strut brace
arc swaybars with all tie rod links

would love to get a hold of a pair of jic upper arms - just seem to go for around 450 dollars on yahoo but :(