Clear side indicator units......1st prototype

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
tekdeus said:
They are very classy looking. The demand will be high since the 89-92 turns have been off the market for months now.

Much appreciated and thanks to all.....the only problem I will have is keeping up with demand, whilst making my other stock items and sorting the sides as well.

The other restriction is the fact that I can only get 10-12 pairs from one set of moulds to maintain my quality standard before having to remake them at a cost of $300 and a day's work. Due to their size and shape, they are also one of my most difficult lenses to make and demould.

Before full release, I also want to do some tests with resealing the lenses. I have a feeling that to ensure a watertight seal, I may have to remove the original heat softening mastic and replace it with a black polyurethane sealant.

I want to be able to provide full instructions to enable you to fit them without them leaking. There is an easy way I've found with these Toyota units to check if the refitted lens is a good fit enough.......put your finger over the vent hole after pulling off the little rubber tube and gently blow into the bulb holder hole........if you hear air hissing out you gotta leak

The correct material and technique will be essential to ensure a good job and I don't want poor fitting to be blamed on my lenses. You need to appreciate that a degree of DIY skill will be required, but nothing to tricky and I'm more than happy to pass on any fitting tips I have learned along he way. I not only provide a unique product but a unique service too.

First pair goes out next week to a respected U.K owner and I'll post pics on the car as soon as available.

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
born2drv said:
if you want i'll handle all the paperwork/shipping for you. i have a fedex account for my business and i can create a return shipping label for you to download. if it were me, i'd just declare it as "car parts" for $25 .... should go through customs much easier that way. and items under a certain value in each country are usually not taxed. $25 is pretty low, i don't think i'd get taxed for it when it gets here. just make sure you package them well of course, since they tend to kick around their boxes and something going this distance will likely be kicked around even more :) let me know.

Sounds like a good way to me.......shall I let you know what the packed weight is when done ?

Have had a real busy week with my stock products, but you're now top of the list. Hope to have yours finished by Wednesday next week.

Link below is the pair I just finished today for a U.K owner. Reckon these are going to look the Mutt's on a silver car (and equally sharp on black too) :naughty:.........positively Blingtastic :biglaugh:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f11/wolfie308/SupraGerrysrears.jpg

Fronts and sides will follow shortly, but while people keep buying my existing products, I'm really stretched as to how much I can produce.

Medallion Man

Moneypit
Jul 6, 2006
Devon - UK
Hey guys I know it's been a log wait but just got my clear fronts and front side repaters from Wolfie308 (UK based)...

what do you think?

1164656999.jpg

1164656824.jpg

1164656544.jpg

1164656638.jpg

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Wolfie - Are you going to make any of the front side marker lights in the USDM flat style?

Medallion Man

Moneypit
Jul 6, 2006
Devon - UK
Hi,

OK, Wolfie308 is in production of the clear fronts so you can PM/email him with requests (and for quotes).
The side repeaters have some technical issues he has to address so are not ready for distribution yet.

I'm sure he'll be posting soon with more info.

Cheers,

Gerry.

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
Tah Rar!....Well its been a while, but here's the update. Late model clear fronts are shipping and have been very well received

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f11/wolfie308/Seansnewfronts.jpg

but of even greater interest may be that I am just starting to ship the first clear side repeaters. With more and more new products, there's a limit to the amount of stuff I can physically produce, so I've decided to offer the front side repeaters in clear bubble type as lenses only.

This will require some care and effort to cut apart the original and rebond the new lens, but this has not deterred a dozen or so U.K customers from putting their names down. This is what they look like fitted.......

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f11/wolfie308/SupraGerrysclearfrontsandside.jpg

I'm trialling them in the U.K and the first 2 pairs go out on Monday. Price to the U.S, Canada etc will be £25 inc PayPal and post. I'll post with an update as soon as I get feedback. In the meantime, the front indicator lenses are available to order at £70 inc bulbs and shipping.

Pics below taken under a desk lamp at night - I'll try ang get some better ones in daylight

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]