wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
annoyingrob said:
Damn you!

Hiya Rob,

I presume you meant 'Damn why didn't I think of that before I fitted my clears' :naughty:

Given the number of views the thread's had, I guessed there must be more folks who'd be interested. I'm not one for bumping my own threads unless I have something new to add.

I only got the smoked tint to finish off the bottom portion of my latest creation, clear rear conversion for the Rev1/2 MR2 Mk2, one of my finest works to date.

p826862_1.jpg

p826862_2.jpg

That's rid the world of another large chunk of Ginger :biglaugh:

Anyway, MK3 bubbles still available in clear at £25 GBP inc bulbs and worldwide postage

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
wolfie308 said:
Morning all,

Blimey, didn't realise it was so long since I posted.

Another option which may appeal especially to those with black cars is a smoked version.

p827230_1.jpg

Previously, I haven't had much success with tinting the plastic before casting as I found the result more sepia than smoked :nono:

Not normally a fan off spray tinting, as it's quite didficult to get a really smooth finish, and there's always the risk of scratching or abrasion.

However, I had the idea of spraying the INSIDE of the lens as in the pic above. By doing this, the original high gloss finish is preserved and of course, is completely scratch proof :naughty:

Smoked version can now be ordered at £27.50 GBP which includes postage world wide, and a pair of chrome bulbs (which flash amber) :cool:

Now your talking :) . I may be ordering a set soon...

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
pimptrizkit said:
take a close look at the red car the side markers are flat it looks like..

They are indeed flat - they were made as a one off by a U.K owner who has now fitted my clear bubbles instead. The red Soop also has my rear conversions :naughty:

p827657_1.jpg

BTW only 7 pairs of these exist worlwide, 1 in the U.S and 6 in the U.K, and all of the conversions I have done myself :naughty:

p827657_2.jpg

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
mkIIIman089 said:
So you have just decided against making them I guess?

No, but I'd need to establish there was sufficient interest. I'd also need a couple of pairs of original units to work from and AFAIK, we can't buy U.S spec parts over here from Mr.T.

I have the same issue with the U.S flat side repeaters for the MR2 mK2, which again, are not available in the U.K through dealer. I may have another source which I'll check out and let you know as soon as I have an answer.

At the end of the day, it's a huge amount of work/time not just making relatively low cost items, it's all the posting replies and answering P.M's etc.

The process is the same as for my larger more expensive products, as is the prepping, casting, baking,trimming and polishing plus packing and posting. I'd need to sell 20 pairs to cover my development costs.

Having done the bubbles, I know exactly what's involved, so it should be pretty straightforward, it's just whether it's financially viable.
Remember this is what I do for a living, not just a hobby :icon_bigg