Clear side indicator units......1st prototype

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
6o4turbo said:
Wolfie, do you still have these in stock?

Do you also procude the rear side markers?

Let me know,

thanks.

Mornin' all,

Yep, I've got 6 pairs on the shelf at the moment.

Sorry, but I don't think there's sufficient demand to warrant the time, effort and cost to produce the rear markers.

Next new project looks like being clear front side markers for the Porsche 944 for owners on the other side of the pond.

fatboy

White Kid
Apr 5, 2005
Seatown
members.cardomain.com
wolfie!

those things look perfect!! just what i always was looking for, with the bumps and all.

can I buy two pairs from you? please let me know how much to send, and what email to paypal the money to. I live in Seattle, WA.

thanks SO much!

fatboy :)

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
fatboy said:
wolfie!

those things look perfect!! just what i always was looking for, with the bumps and all.

can I buy two pairs from you? please let me know how much to send, and what email to paypal the money to. I live in Seattle, WA.

thanks SO much!

fatboy :)

Yo fatboy!

Yep, they're another exclusive Wolfie product :naughty:

Price for 2 pairs to Seattle inc post is £48.50(single pairs £25)

Payment to..... richardmarsden@freeuk.com

6o4turbo

It never ends...
Oct 27, 2005
B.C. Canada
wolfie308 said:
Mornin' all,

Yep, I've got 6 pairs on the shelf at the moment.

Sorry, but I don't think there's sufficient demand to warrant the time, effort and cost to produce the rear markers.

Next new project looks like being clear front side markers for the Porsche 944 for owners on the other side of the pond.

Thanks Wolfie, I just sent my payment.

If you could confirm that you got it, and also give me the heads up when you ship my set out, that would be awesome!

Thanks a lot,

- Kev

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
fatboy said:
Awsome man!

Just sent payment for 2 sets

thanks again! can't wait to see em

fatboy

Cheers Fatboy and 604Tturbo, money received this morning, I'll get them out this afternoon.

Annoyingrob - yours will look a treat when you CLEAN YOUR CAR :biglaugh: Nice idea to paint the internal surface black on yours - looks good in silver too. Not sure that it would work so well with other colours e.g red, but I could be wrong. Having changed the sides, you just need my matching fronts (which are much quicker and easier to fit) -;

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
wolfie308 said:
Cheers Fatboy and 604Tturbo, money received this morning, I'll get them out this afternoon.

Annoyingrob - yours will look a treat when you CLEAN YOUR CAR :biglaugh: Nice idea to paint the internal surface black on yours - looks good in silver too. Not sure that it would work so well with other colours e.g red, but I could be wrong. Having changed the sides, you just need my matching fronts (which are much quicker and easier to fit) -;
How much do you sell the fronts for?

Apr 1, 2005
WA
any official word on particular glues to use? it will still be awhile before i get around to install but it would be nice to source the glue early.

geeez... when i pulled my fronts off the car i found one with a ghettoized wire harness and the other had its back cup part broken in two. so im waiting for a replacement before i get started. hmm... maybe i should pull the sides too to make sure they are fine.

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
annoyingrob said:
How much do you sell the fronts for?

They'd be £70 inc bulbs, PayPal costs and shipping.

Regards glue for the sides, I've found that PVC/ABS cement works well. The sort of stuff you use to glue plastic plumbing fittings. You just run a thin bead round the edge, leave a few moments and it will soften the grey ABS backing.

Press the clear lens into position and hold the 2 parts tight together with tape until the glue sets. A key thing is to make sure you have a good fit between the 2 surfaces before applying the glue.

You may like to also smear a tiny amount of clear silicone carefully round the joint. I think Medallion Man did that for extra security.

HTH

ms0072

Apr 12, 2007
nj
Do you have a set of these left for sale ?

IF yes -- whats the price including shipping to 07621 ?

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
SacoMan said:
omg i TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS!!!!

LOL......I was wondering what happened to you. Let me know how many sets you want and I'll let you knowhow soon I can get them done :naughty:

In response to continued questions regarding fitting, I have submitted an excellent illustrated fitting guide, kindly put together by Medallion Man and JSeaman. Here's the link..............

http://www.mkiiisupra.net/bbs/showthread.php?p=169759&posted=1#post169759

ms0072

Apr 12, 2007
nj
wolfie308 said:
Clear bubble side lenses are £25 inc PayPal costs and postage anywhere outside the U.K. Available now :icon_bigg

Ill take 1 set -- -- whats the paypal address ?

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
Morning all,

Blimey, didn't realise it was so long since I posted.

Another option which may appeal especially to those with black cars is a smoked version.

p825674_1.jpg

Previously, I haven't had much success with tinting the plastic before casting as I found the result more sepia than smoked :nono:

Not normally a fan off spray tinting, as it's quite didficult to get a really smooth finish, and there's always the risk of scratching or abrasion.

However, I had the idea of spraying the INSIDE of the lens as in the pic above. By doing this, the original high gloss finish is preserved and of course, is completely scratch proof :naughty:

Smoked version can now be ordered at £27.50 GBP which includes postage world wide, and a pair of chrome bulbs (which flash amber) :cool: