Clear side indicator units......1st prototype

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
I asked before but got no responce...is there a way to do those lenses in a clear "smoke" color? Just a slight gray would really blend in nicely on factory moldings.

Obsessionw/Boost

Sep 28, 2006
Albany, NY
i would definitly take a pair...they look real good.. i like the bubble style, it defeats the ordinary, puts a whole new look on the car..
how much? let me know when you're ready to sell

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
the only bubble types i ever see are on VW's. it is a nice touch.

i used a photo program to hit my cars pics with the "red eye" feature (removing all red-related colors) and it looks nice.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Figit090 said:
the only bubble types i ever see are on VW's. it is a nice touch.

i used a photo program to hit my cars pics with the "red eye" feature (removing all red-related colors) and it looks nice.

If I did that my car would disappear!...lol

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
haha! nice.

but yeah it selects colors pretty well...the surrounding of the light and color change would clue it in. tried it on my rears and it worked ok....not great.

i suggest a color changer in a photoshop program...not redeye. i just discovered this. lol.

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
Evening/ Morning all,

Apologies for changing subject slightly, and as it's getting rather late, and to save typing it again, here's my earlier post on the U.K forum.....

"Well I have some good news and some bad news.............the good news is that I produced the first clear front yesterday on plan and it looked fantastic.

The bad news is that today I put it on my chair whilst going to make a cuppa, came back and sat on it and snapped it in half .:icon_cry:

For the purposes of a demo/1st production, I managed to mount the parts into the backing after painting the rear edge black(more on that later) and used 3mm black vynl tape to recreate the finished look on the edges.

With careful lighting, I managed to disguise the crack down the middle to give you all a sneak preview of what the finished articles will look like

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f...frontincase.jpg

Need to make some final adjustments to the mould, and hope to have another perfect one done 2moro.

Like I've said before, I ALWAYS deliver"

These are what I mean by OEM style clears.............no sign of Rice here :biglaugh:

Hope you like the first viewing, and I'll post pics with bulbs on shortly, but I'll have to cobble something up as I don't have the correct bulb holders

Be pleased to hear what you guys think of them :naughty:

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
Let's try this...........

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f11/wolfie308/Supra1stclearfrontincase.jpg

Don't know what happened there, but seems to be fine now :naughty:

So, this is my idea of what the OEM clear could/ should have looked like

PHP:
i second the vote for pricing ETA details

Need to make the other side mould in the next few days. The first couple of pairs will be going to the U.k to folks who have helped me out so far. You will then have the chance to see them 'on the metal' and hear owner's feedback.

Re price, I'll be looking at around £70/pair for the lenses inc amber bulbs+ Paypal costs + post. Obviouusly not cheap, but if you realised what's involved to achieve this quality, you'd think they're a bargain.

I expect demand to out strip my production capacity for some time,, as there are so many items I can develop and make in a day/week. I'm well aware of the interest in the front sides, but again a couple of sets will be going to the U.K for appraisal in the next couple of weeks max.

Which rears do you mean?.........pic would help

In adddition, I'm just finishing 8 pairs of Celica fronts for Toyota Club Netherlands and I also have 2 Euro Mk3 rear conversions to try to get done by the weekend............so I'd better get off here and back to work :evil2:

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
wolfie308 said:
Let's try this...........

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f11/wolfie308/Supra1stclearfrontincase.jpg

Don't know what happened there, but seems to be fine now :naughty:

So, this is my idea of what the OEM clear could/ should have looked like

These are what I mean by OEM style clears.............no sign of Rice here :biglaugh:
OoOoO :love: now THAT IS what they shoud've looked like... if i were to get clears... those look perfect IMHO... 100% agree on the "rice" as well... that's what drove me away from them

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
wolfie308 said:
Re price, I'll be looking at around £70/pair for the lenses inc amber bulbs+ Paypal costs + post. Obviouusly not cheap, but if you realised what's involved to achieve this quality, you'd think they're a bargain.

Which rears do you mean?.........pic would help

Thats about $130.00us if anyone was interested. I still want them.

The rear clears they are talking about. I have them Here is a good pic where you can see them. The rear side markers. I still have the old orange ones if you need a set to use to copy them.

Attachments

• IMG_2549sm.jpg
    IMG_2549sm.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 64