CajunKenny's Build Thread

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Here is the future home of an upgraded oil cooler. The old one is out of the way and will be boxed up and stored. The new cooler should be here by the end of next week.

p1503361_1.jpg

I then searched for a good spot for the new oil filter location. I chose to put it under the passenger headlight. The Tow Hook was thick enough to tap so....I drilled and tapped for an M10x1.25. It worked out great!

p1503361_2.jpg

p1503361_3.jpg

Time for a test fit. I left the NPT straight hose barbs on there to gauge for room. I will likely end up using some 45* fittings up there.

p1503361_4.jpg

Gauging for hand clearance...all looks good...

p1503361_5.jpg

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
My poor black lab decided to see what I was doing. He had surgery last Friday so he's moving a little slower. I'm sure the pain meds are helping him not feel so....speedy. :) The radio dish collar is to keep him from tearing out his stitches.

His name is Rambo. :biglaugh:

p1503363_1.jpg

And here's the final fit. It looks good with lots of clearance in all directions. I'm liking it!

p1503363_2.jpg

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Oh yeah. They're there. I was thinking of fabbing up a trap door of sorts to access the filter.

Any headway with your car? Centralia is coming quick!!!!!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Yeah, he had just had about 8oz of rocks removed from his stomach and intestines. Goofey dog! I hope those rocks tasted good! :biglaugh:

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Nope no progress yet, I dont get much time to work on it and at this point am about out of ideas. My last resort is going to be testing the ecu to see if it is going out, if thats not it then:dunno: The codes sure arent helping me

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
GC89;1506896 said:
Nope no progress yet, I dont get much time to work on it and at this point am about out of ideas. My last resort is going to be testing the ecu to see if it is going out, if thats not it then:dunno: The codes sure arent helping me

Did you mean to type this in this thread? I'm confused. :scratches head:

Kenny, any updates?

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
He he...yeah Ron...He meant to post here. He's in fairly close proximity to me. He's got this ongoing problem that seems unsolvable at this point. We're going to try to get three or four under his hood here pretty soon so he can make it to our next Meet that is coming up here pretty quick.

No real earth shaking updates. I've just been piecing my oil system together and waiting for one stupid little hose from Toyota. It's an ISC Hose so I can't finish the intake side until its in.

I've also been bolting on misc. brackets and such. Nothing picture worthy... :(

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Oh cool. Thanks for clarifying. Hopefully you guys figure it out.

Sucks that you have to wait for a single hose. I have a feeling something like that will hold me up too.

Any pics are good. Post some up! ;)

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Ken your speed density now! you dont need no isc hoses you can just throw a filter on there (coming from the guy who still has an isc hose lol)

In the next month or so if I dont figure it out I am just going to bring the car down here and take over Luis or maybe Blakes shop so I can work on it more than 2 days a month. Build is going great kenny I envy you right now, Poor Delilah became the back seat girl in my life when I got married, mostly in reguards to my walet.

I demand pics of SOMETHING when I check up tomorrow!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
SupraRon;1507111 said:
Oh cool. Thanks for clarifying. Hopefully you guys figure it out.

Sucks that you have to wait for a single hose. I have a feeling something like that will hold me up too.

Any pics are good. Post some up! ;)

Yeah...with all that's going on with Toyota, distribution has slowed. That's what I was told anyway...

GC89;1507549 said:
Ken your speed density now! you dont need no isc hoses you can just throw a filter on there (coming from the guy who still has an isc hose lol)

In the next month or so if I dont figure it out I am just going to bring the car down here and take over Luis or maybe Blakes shop so I can work on it more than 2 days a month. Build is going great kenny I envy you right now, Poor Delilah became the back seat girl in my life when I got married, mostly in reguards to my walet.

I demand pics of SOMETHING when I check up tomorrow!

I know the ISC isn't necessary; but, I'm not ready to delete it yet. Not until everything is running correctly. Then maybe.

Yeah, marriage will do that to a Supra. Don't give in bro...hang on to your supra with tooth and nail if you have to! ;)