CajunKenny's Build Thread

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I want to polish my valve covers but I can't figure out where I need to start besides getting the old paint off. Any suggestions Kenny? Thanks. I would like to buy a Powercoating gun but the oven I need is too large to fit anywhere in our shop.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
To get the old paint off, I used paint stripper in a spray can. I don't remember the brand; but, I got it at Wally-World. Polishing is a LOT of work! Which is why I am only polishing the tops. ;) Also, there's a bit of work in keeping that shine!

If I were to do it over again, I would not polish them. I would send them off and have them Ceramic Coated with a Chrome type finish. For what that's worth.

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
The polishing looks great Ken. A couple reasons I didn't do it, were because of the time it takes and the maintenance factor. The end result is definitely worth it though!

Good to hear you picked up some higher rated hose. Now you'll have no doubt they'll last.

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
CajunKenny;1510771 said:
Hey Carter...where have you been buddy!?!? The motor is in!! :D

Yep, I agree. I will certainly have a leveler for the next pull.

An update on my hose situation. After conferring with some of my race buddies and through recommendations here on SM, I am NOT going to run the hose I recently purchased. Tonight I am ordering some hose from Summit that is rated for 300*. That should be here by the end of the week!

Now, I try not to post too often without including a pic or two. So...here is a couple of shots of my valve covers. I am almost done polishing the tops. The sides and ribs will get painted flat black. They should turn out pretty nice!

p1511917_1.jpg

p1511917_2.jpg

LMAO i've been watchin i swear, I know the motors in the car but i haven't seen any videos yet :stickpoke
But those valve covers to look nice, I see ya shinin buddy :biglaugh:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
I like what your doing with your remote oiling system. My parts are in the mail for mine as we speak, and Im also planning on installing the oil filter is the same spot. Have you run into any clearance issues yet with the oil lines?

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
carter;1511917 said:
LMAO i've been watchin i swear, I know the motors in the car but i haven't seen any videos yet :stickpoke
But those valve covers to look nice, I see ya shinin buddy :biglaugh:

Eh...it's all good carter. I just had to razz ya a bit! :biglaugh:

92nsx;1511923 said:
I like what your doing with your remote oiling system. My parts are in the mail for mine as we speak, and Im also planning on installing the oil filter is the same spot. Have you run into any clearance issues yet with the oil lines?

No oil line clearance problems at all. I am using all push-on...push-lock...type hose. I just made sure that the bend radius of my hose was 6" or less and haven't had a problem at all.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
My hose finally arrived from Toyota yesterday so I was able to start getting my new intake manifold ready. This manifold matches the lower runners in that it has also been Extrude Honed. The pictures really don't do this piece justice; but, it looks REALLY nice. Inside and out!!

p1512112_1.jpg

p1512112_2.jpg

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
What did the honing run you if you dont mind me asking ken? Oil system up does look good and very similar to whats still sitting on my shelf, except only one filter!:nono: In for pics of the trap door set up, I have been debating where to put mine to make it accessable but still located somwhere along the path to the cooler

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
CajunKenny;1512106 said:
Eh...it's all good carter. I just had to razz ya a bit! :biglaugh:

No oil line clearance problems at all. I am using all push-on...push-lock...type hose. I just made sure that the bend radius of my hose was 6" or less and haven't had a problem at all.

Its all good man, I'll just remember that lol
But i was also wonderin about how much the extrude honing would cost.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
GC89;1512333 said:
What did the honing run you if you dont mind me asking ken? Oil system up does look good and very similar to whats still sitting on my shelf, except only one filter!:nono: In for pics of the trap door set up, I have been debating where to put mine to make it accessable but still located somwhere along the path to the cooler

I didn't have the manifold honed. I bought it that way. This one was done my Stillen Racing. From what I hear, they have only done very few of them. Less than 10...

I haven't gotten past the 'thinking' stage of the trap door idea yet. I'm not a huge fan of cutting up the factory under-plastic; but, I can't think of any other option. Space is very limited. Any ideas on where you're going to put yours yet?

carter;1512371 said:
Its all good man, I'll just remember that lol
But i was also wonderin about how much the extrude honing would cost.

My guess is that the Extrude Hone Process would run around $400. As stated above, mine was done by Stillen Racing. Maybe it's worth a phone call...? More money means more HP's! :)

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
eh 400 bones are better spent, everytime I work on the car I get a little closer to saying screw it and just taking a few days and building an ffim. I havent looked into filter placement in a while, I was thinking back on the frame just behind the subframe and undercover but I havent thrown it up on the lift to confirm an exact spot yet too many things in line ahead of it

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
Looks nice... but i think its gonna be a little bit before i get around to doin all that to the supra. I'm kinda penny pinchin right now, so maintenance is what i'm doin right now lol

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
GC89;1512652 said:
eh 400 bones are better spent, everytime I work on the car I get a little closer to saying screw it and just taking a few days and building an ffim. I havent looked into filter placement in a while, I was thinking back on the frame just behind the subframe and undercover but I havent thrown it up on the lift to confirm an exact spot yet too many things in line ahead of it

I'm just guessing on the $400. What are you waiting for....build that Front Face son!!!! :biglaugh:
One of the reasons I chose to put the filter where I did was because I didn't want to drill into the body. That's just me...

carter;1512679 said:
Looks nice... but i think its gonna be a little bit before i get around to doin all that to the supra. I'm kinda penny pinchin right now, so maintenance is what i'm doin right now lol

Yeah, I would say that your money would be better spent on other mods. But, when you get pretty close to being done, it's not a bad mod. I think it's a better alternative to relocating your battery to the trunk with a front face. Although, I think that there's a few ff out there that don't require a battery relocate.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
It this point I think Im just going to just hold off on all the big stuff. TT pump with a new fuel pump control system and fpr are going in this spring, then probably a new bov(looking at the synapse). Then once I am out of school Ill finish putting the other motor back in, probably ffim, build new aluminum IC pipes while Im at it, meth kit, new turbo, new radiator, basically have everthing new all at once. ah that will be the day!

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
CajunKenny;1512860 said:
Yeah, I would say that your money would be better spent on other mods. But, when you get pretty close to being done, it's not a bad mod. I think it's a better alternative to relocating your battery to the trunk with a front face. Although, I think that there's a few ff out there that don't require a battery relocate.

Yea i thought about a ffim, but i'm really picky... I like stockish looking parts and i've found one but i haven't got that far yet. That and i'm still up in the air if i wanna build a 7m or go na-t... I don't know I'm just thinkin about everything with the car right now. I'll make up my mind sometime lol

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Ok. Here is the unveiling of the valve covers. They're not 100% done. I'm going to work on the tops a little bit more then put them on.

I'm undecided whether to leave the ribs black or re-polish them. Anyone have an opinion...?

Excuse the fingerprints by the way... ;)

p1513462_1.jpg

p1513462_2.jpg

p1513462_3.jpg

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
Beautiful car Kenny, I have just browsed through all 40 something pages for two reasons, one you posted quite a few pictures which is very helpful in either getting ideas from others or verifying that the idea I may have had was a good one or not, based on someone else experience... but the 2nd reason is I noticed you are from WA and noted something about the Centralia meet, I live in Chehalis. It would be great if you could point me to where local meets are organized.

Also do you know anyone in the area that know the Neo pretty well? My trade is designing control systems and database programming, so I am thinking that I could work through it, my concern is that a mistake could be detrimental to my fresh build, so thought having some guidance may be wise and of course even if it was just a side deal I would pay for their time...

Anyway would love to see the car in person if we ever end up at the same place in the future... I have another couple of months, I have taken several pics, but have not had time to start a build thread yet...

Thanks again and good luck with the remainder of your project...

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Thanks for the compliments! It’s a lot of work to post pics and document details regarding mods; but, knowing that someone can benefit from it is why I do it! I’ve benefited from others’ build threads so I’m just passing on the favor… :)

I am not familiar with the Neo; but, there may be some folks in your area who are. I’ll post a link below that will take you to the ‘Northwest Section’ of the forum. There you will find all info regarding Meet and Greets in our area. Including the Centralia Meet…

This is also a good place to ask for local help!

If you’re able, you should attend the Centralia Meet. Barring any unforeseen catastrophes, I’ll be there. Some of the nicest rides you’ll ever see show up to that meet!

I hope to see you there and good luck!

http://www.supramania.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?18-Northwest-Region