CajunKenny's Build Thread

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Hey Kenny, the covers look great. I would personally re-polish the ribs though. I think they would look even better. :thumbup:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Thanks Ron. I think I'm going to run them the way they are for now and see how they look with everything else around them. Plus, I'm just plain tired of working on them. I'm making my last push here to get this thing back on the road. I'm looking at firing her up this weekend. If all goes well of course... :)

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
looks good ken!

Not happy about that hose... it will live at 190*+ 95% of its life. I had something similar when i did my setup and Jetjock stepped in to nudge me in the right direction... aeroquip or bust dude (yes there are others that will handle the temp but at similar costs to aeroquip).
A lot easier to switch it when the hose hasnt had oil run through it too!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Hey grim. Thanks for stopping by!

Yeah, I'm pulling the other stuff out and installing the Aeroquip. I was under the same logic: It'll live at 190* most of the time so why do I need 300*?!?! But then my cautious side kicked in and I bought the good stuff. ;)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
The first valve cover is installed. I forgot to loctite the bolts so I'll have to do that. But this is how it's looking so far.

p1514663_1.jpg

p1514663_2.jpg

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
GC89;1516472 said:
This is in my future as well, you going with Is300 coils or something else?

Yep. IS300, GS300, and MK4 N/A COP's are all the same. I found a set from a wrecked IS300 with 40k on it. I almost snatched them up; but, decided to pass for now. He wanted $180 shipped for all three.

SupraRon;1516814 said:
Oh yeah Kenny. That looks great. Glad I didn't talk you out of changing them! ;)

Thanks Ron. I still think I like them a little better with polished tops and cast sides. Oh well...they're on there now! He he...:)

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
I hear ya man. Sometimes you just have to settle. Plus you could always go back to them later on.

That's pretty costly for the coils. You should be able to get a better deal than that.

So when is the beast getting started?

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
SupraRon;1518678 said:
That's pretty costly for the coils. You should be able to get a better deal than that.

So when is the beast getting started?

Yep, the search continues for coils...

As for when she'll fire up......hopefully by this weekend. What stinks is that I'm on call this week so that could mess everything up!

92nsx;1518711 said:
I forget. What turbo are you running again? Also things are looking good!

Yep...JT62. And Thanks! :)

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Well, I ordered a Shine Auto Project TypeII Lip on Friday. I called them today and I should have it by the end of the week!

The rest of my fittings finally arrived today. Woo Hoo! Now I can finish her up! :)

p1519131_1.jpg