CajunKenny's Build Thread

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
About me:

My name is Kenny Nichols and I am a full-blooded cajun. You've heard that song "Born on the Bayou"? Well, that's me! I was born on Bayou Bienvenue in Louisiana. I moved to Washington when I was 17 for college and stayed ever since.

I was born and raised around racing. My uncle was featured in "Hot Rod Magazine" for breaking several records with his car called "NovaCaine". He then went on to racing drag boats. My other uncle also raced boats and my dad was into 'Circle Track' racing.

My first introduction to MKIII's was a friend of mine took me for a ride in his 89 Turbo. I was instantly hooked! I had owned a lot of V8's and been in some fast cars; but, the spool of the trubo did it for me!

I searched for about 4 months and found my first Supra. It was a Burgandy 87 Turbo Hard Top. It had TEMS and grey interior. I drove it for about a month then got a rod knock. The car then sat for 4 years in my garage until I finally joined SM. Through here, a now good friend of mine, contacted me and helped get the car back on the road. About a year later, I lost control in the rain and totalled the car. It was close to the sadest day of my life...

p1258254_1.jpg

4 months later, I found my absolutely favorite of all MKIII's. A Black 91, 5 Speed, TEMS, Shadow Grey Leather Interior, and Factory Sun-Roof. I had to have it! Two weeks after I bought it, I blew the HG. I have since fixed that and done a few other things to the car.

p1258254_2.jpg

p1258254_3.jpg

p1258254_4.jpg

p1258254_5.jpg

My BHG also blew my Heater Core, a hose, and DESTROYED my radiator. And I mean Destroyed!! When I pulled it out, it was 'Oval' shaped and the core was split in two!

After putting her back together with the HKS MHG she was supposed to have when I bought her, I found that 5 of the 7 exhaust manifold bolts had been stripped. To make matters worse, they POORLY installed Heli-Coils. I re-drilled and re-tapped all of the bolt holes and installed solid thread inserts. I had the Heater Core rebuilt and installed a Koyo Rad. Muuuuch better now! :)
p1258254_6.jpg

Last edited:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I know!!! I keep looking; but, can't seem to find the one I want. I've seen it on other supra's; but, can't find anyone selling it.

The search goes on... :(

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
CajunKenny;1258487 said:
I know!!! I keep looking; but, can't seem to find the one I want. I've seen it on other supra's; but, can't find anyone selling it.

The search goes on... :(

3 hole bomex, shine makes one last I checked. Car looks great

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
TurboFreak;1258501 said:
this kind?
n333100330_36418_5955.jpg

Close; but, no. The one I saw had only three vents on it. Maybe like the one GC89 is referring to. I'll search for a pic and also browse Shine's website.

EDIT: As I look closer, that one only has three. Maybe that is it!

Last edited:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Here's my latest problem. This cap/plug blew out. Don't know why; but, the car wouldn't boost beyond 10 psi and this is what I found.

p1268195_1.jpg

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Currently the turbo is off and the down-pipe got picked up today to go to the shop for some Bung Welding. Wideband here I come...! :)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Ok. I got the WB sensor mounted and the DP back in. I ran the WB wires up behind the brake lines and followed the main harness to the passenger side.

There I had to drill a hole and install a grommet. After that, I removed the old Narrow Band AFR Poop-of-A-Gauge and mounted the new one.

Here are the pics.

p1274232_1.jpg

p1274232_2.jpg

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I fixed the hole in the TB with a cut screw and some JB Weld. We'll see if it'll hold.

I know what you're thinking...and no, it doesn't look bad. ;)

Here's a pic of it.

p1277504_1.jpg

Last edited: