CajunKenny's Build Thread

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Well, here's a leak that I sprung. It's been leaking for about a month and a half.

The second pic are the parts that are going in. Woo Hoo for polished stuff.

Bling Bling baby!! :D

p1429608_1.jpg

p1429608_2.jpg

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
Where did you order that piece? Mines leaking in the exact same place. Or did you just polish it, cause i know you just got the t-stat seal/ring thing and a gasket.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Two things

1. Iv wanted to install a laptop mount forever, where did you find that flex arm?

2. What the hell are you doing still using green coolant!!!!!!!!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Fubar231;1429617 said:
Where did you order that piece? Mines leaking in the exact same place. Or did you just polish it, cause i know you just got the t-stat seal/ring thing and a gasket.

The T-Stat housing was a spare that I polished. I'm not the greatest polisher type guy; but, I found it to be pretty easy. Valve covers are next! :)

GC89;1429628 said:
Two things

1. Iv wanted to install a laptop mount forever, where did you find that flex arm?

2. What the hell are you doing still using green coolant!!!!!!!!

1. I got it from work. It barely holds that Mini-9. And I mean BARELY!

2. Educate me brutha! ;)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
roundfinger;1429925 said:
Looking good CajunKenny, been watching this from the start and nice progress!

Thanks for keeping up and complimenting.

I should have some new pics posted in the next few days.

I :love: my Supra!!! :biglaugh:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Here are a few new pics. These include shots of the newly installed Polished T-Stat Housing and Temp Gauge.

The T-Stat Housing is in it's typical location. ;)

The gauge is next to the left Head Light.

The last pic is a shot of the current underhood setup.

p1430775_1.jpg

p1430775_2.jpg

p1430775_3.jpg

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
I didn't even know you could polish the t-stat housing, and hey guess what! Mine leaks there too, yay! Its fun too share a bunch of the same problems, i just used a crap load of high temp silicone, it looks crappy but it works.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
supramk3speed;1430778 said:
I didn't even know you could polish the t-stat housing, and hey guess what! Mine leaks there too, yay! Its fun too share a bunch of the same problems, i just used a crap load of high temp silicone, it looks crappy but it works.

If it's aluminum.....it can be polished. BLING'n Baby! :biglaugh:

Yeah, the previous owner used a bunch of silicone sealer on mine. That made a bunch of work for me though. It was a pain to get all of it off. It took a chisel, sandpaper, scotchbrite pad, and around 40 minutes of my time to get it clean enough for the new gasket to make a good seal.

Hopefully, you won't run in to that. I was angrily blaming the previous owner the whole time. Who will you be blaming?! :sarcasm:;):biglaugh:

jessemkiiis;1430801 said:
I bet this car strikes fear in people eyes, awesome build.

I sure hope so!! :evil2:

boosted2085;1430851 said:
Looking good kenny...I just tuned wardogs car to 20psi hitting 11.5 a/f all the way through,He dynoed today with 431rwhp@ 18psi

That's awesome! What setup...Maft Pro? I'm scared of 18psi. 16-17 is where I plan to be until Water/Meth. Then 18-20.

Thanks everyone for looking and posting!

boosted2085

I was spoolin :(
Mar 1, 2009
houston,tx
That's awesome! What setup...Maft Pro? I'm scared of 18psi. 16-17 is where I plan to be until Water/Meth. Then 18-20.

He's running maft pro s/d..Basic mods,60 trim,550's,walbro 255,fpr...I didnt get a chance to fine tune it because it was a last minute thing before he dynoed...it pulls really hard at 20psi,But he wont be pushing 20psi daily

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
The silicates in your standard green coolant are not good for our bimetal block head set up. It can cause corrosion which is not fun to discover, trust me. Toyota red coolant FTW, or zyrex G-05 is good as well, they are low silicate and have no 2-EHA.

Ken your making me jealous, Its getting cold here about time for hibernation and I havent been able to drive her in a few months. I hate being stuck! Its worse than having something major that you can just take the time and fix

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
GC89;1431436 said:
The silicates in your standard green coolant are not good for our bimetal block head set up. It can cause corrosion which is not fun to discover, trust me. Toyota red coolant FTW, or zyrex G-05 is good as well, they are low silicate and have no 2-EHA.

Got it. Thanks!

Ya know what we should have done before it got cold was fired up the BBQ at your place and had like 4 or 5 of us under your hood and pounded this thing out!

Mine's about to go down also. Below is what's coming.

Tranny Rebuild (all Marlin Crawler Stuff)
New Clutch
New Flywheel Insert
New Slave Cylinder
Permacool Oil Filter Relocate
Stainless Steel Clutch Line
New Timing Belt
Motor Mounts
Front and Rear Main Seals
Rods and Mains

I'm probably going to pull it for all this. Maybe I should fire up my Barbie! :naughty:

BigPapa

Oct 13, 2009
Washington
Love your car Kenny....it's friggin beautiful. I'm new to SM and live in Yakima. Looking forward to seeing more of this thread......good luck!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
BigPapa;1437812 said:
Love your car Kenny....it's friggin beautiful. I'm new to SM and live in Yakima. Looking forward to seeing more of this thread......good luck!

Thanks!

We should hook up sometime. I'll be in Yakima here real soon to visit a buddy.

BigPapa

Oct 13, 2009
Washington
CajunKenny;1438806 said:
Thanks!

We should hook up sometime. I'll be in Yakima here real soon to visit a buddy.

Got a spare stock AFM you can bring with you to Yakima? :biglaugh: J/k

Do you have any friends in Yakima that drive Supras? I've only seen a few on the roads here.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I've got one that I can bring for troubleshooting; but, I wouldn't be able to leave it with you. Would that work?

Yeah, there are a couple Supra owners that I know over there. I don't think either of them are on the road though. You know...the typical Supra scenario. ;)