CajunKenny's Build Thread

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Just finished reading all 12 pages of this build thread haha. Good work man. And you should go with black, you just can't go wrong with that color.

Black MKIII's are my fav too. :icon_bigg

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
Hey Kenny, it's been a while. Your build is looking good. Let me know if you're still interested in my plenum, I have decided to let it go. As I said it has been polished and I had it extrude honed by Stillen about 5 yrs. ago. Might have 500 miles on it, not much driving in that time!
I actually might start a build thread on this engine fairly soon, keep an eye out for it.
-Fred

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Hey Fred! It has been a while! I hope you've been well. How's your car? How's your son's SC300? I'll bet that's a nice ride!

YES! I am still interested in your plenum. Send me a PM and we'll work out the details.

Good to hear from you! :)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Here's tonight's progress. It's amazing what you can get done without having to deal with an attacking stray dog!

Bumper off shot...

p1375833_1.jpg

Intercooler and all piping removed...

p1375833_2.jpg

Old, ugly, IC Pipe and Intercooler...

p1375833_3.jpg

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Hey Matt! I'm sorry I traded the intercooler off already; but, I still have the pipe. Most of it is mandrel bent; but, as you can see is in desperate need of some cleaning/polishing.

I'd be interested in getting rid of it. If you want it, shoot me a PM.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Ok. Here's my new IC and Pipe. The one with multiple bends has the bung for my IAT Sensor welded on it.

Speed Density here I come! :evil2:

p1382011_1.jpg

Last edited:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I'm sure you're not talking about my JT62! ;)

That CT26 has a little in and out shaft play. It was working/boosting just fine when on the car last. A little over a year ago...

The only reason it's on the bench is because I replaced it with a 57 trim.

I am currently swapping one of my spare motors into my 89 so I can sell it. I'll need that turbo for that project. However, I do have another one. Its on my 89 right now and I do not know anything about it because the car wasn't running when I bought it.

If you're not in a huge hurry, I can let you know the condition when I get everything swapped around!

Last edited:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Here's a pic of Test Fit #1.

Everything from the Turbo Inlet to the Intercooler went ok. I had to put a stress bend on one of the couplers; but, it should be fine.

I then started working upward and ran into my first snag. Everything fit nicely with the headlight up; but, as soon as I put the head light down....well....the pic says it all.

I won't be able to get any adjustments made until Monday...

p1382290_1.jpg

Last edited:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
LOL... Yeah, we had the headlight up so we could have more room and forgot to put it down. :biglaugh:

Not that big of a deal. I think shortening the U-Bend and using a 45 instead of a 90 degree coupler will do the trick; but, we'll see...

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I thought about my IC pipe all day today at work. I mentally figured that if I had a 45* coupler in the place of one of the 90* couplers it just may work.

I had planned on stopping by Kaizen Speed on my way home; but, by the time I got there, they had closed up shop. What's up with people thinking they can go home at 5pm?!?!!?

The nerve of them! :biglaugh:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I need two more 45* couplers to get the IC job done. I just ordered them from Driftmotion.

In the meantime, I will get most of the Speed Density stuff done and a few other odds and ends...

One other thing that is in the works is that I am going to send this off to get ceramic coated. I'll probably do that next week! :biglaugh:

p1385191_1.jpg

p1385191_2.jpg

hungryforhorses

Assembly Technician
Jul 13, 2008
Washington
Dude, you need to get this thing running! Thanks again for the help with my exhaust! It sounds so mean! I love it, cant wait to see what it does, or doesnt do in this case, against your car!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Can you believe that the numbskull that owned the car before me cut the top off of the windshield washer fluid tank to accommodate for the IC Pipe!?!?!!? Some people...

The one on the left is off my wrecked 87. There is a slight difference between the two. The 87 has the Headlight Washers so it has an extra pump. Three pumps total on the 87 tank. The 91 only has two because it doesn't have the Headlight Squirters. Therefore, I had to plug the valve on the third pump so all of the washer fluid wouldn't leak out.

p1386179_1.jpg