CajunKenny's Build Thread

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
My 45* 2.5" blue couplers arrived from DM today. They are far better quality than the ones that came with my CX Racing IC Pipe Kit that I bought off ebay.

Pics soon! Either tonight or tomorrow...

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
My Maft Pro is all wired up for Speed Density. I now just need to finish up with a few IC Pipe Hiccups and then put her back together.

I'll probably fire her up tomorrow and make sure she idles. I'll make any needed idle adjustments then.

I removed the HKS FCD and all of the wire taps that were installed by the previous owner. Everything is now soldered and shrink wrapped like it's supposed to be.

Here's a couple of pics of my work just so everyone knows that I do good work. ;)

p1390879_1.jpg

p1390879_2.jpg

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Yeah, slightly stronger solder joint; but, not near as neat. Then you'd have to bend the soldered wires to slide the shrink tubing over the joint which can crack the solder and usually makes the adjacent unsoldered wire weaker.

Now if you wanted to just wrap it with electrical tape, then yeah...it's probably easier. BUT you won't find any of that stuff under MY dashboard! :biglaugh:

I know...that's a lot of explanation for a little solder joint; but, you're talking to someone that has done this since 1994! I'm a little anal about it. ;)

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
lol, I have to find something to give you shit about right!

Looks really good actually, just that I'v always twisted and had no problems with using shrink wrap. So when is it going to be back on the road?

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
True dat! ;)

How's your car doing...have you had time to work on it?

There's talk of a little get together over here sometime before it gets too cold. Beginning of October maybe. Interested?

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Car is still down, well runs great until I shut it off and start again. Im stumped and no one else is throwing out any ideas so Who knows if it will be out at all until next spring.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
try wiring the red wire from the map sensor to the VC pin at the ecu. There is an issue with the newer sensors and the way the pro feeds the 5V to them. I know yours is an older map sensor but you should be able to get 98-100MP at key on. Its the #1 pin on the 6 pin connector on the m-pro.

VC supplies the 5v to the afm and TPS from the ecu. This is letting the ecu/car power the map independent of the pro and should eliminate the issue i had. Im not saying yours is an issue but more as an effort to get your MP reading into the expected range.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Thanks grim. My MP is now reading in between 98 and 100. I'm not sure why; but, I think it may have been because my install was only 3/4 done when I checked it. Now that install is 100%, she reads where expected. :shrug:

The mod you speak of may be a good thing to do anyway. I can see the benefit of having the map be powered independantly. I suspect it comes up and online before the pro when wired in that manner.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Here's a pic of the new IC and lower pipe mounted. I'll get a pic of the upper pipe/engine bay as soon as I get it somewhat clean.

p1395285_1.jpg

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
looks good ken! your pipes look VERY similar to mine down there... try fitting a full flow oil cooler in there with ac :D

wish you lived closer, we'd have some fun!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Thanks Dean!

I still have A/C and being a 91, I have the power steering coolers up front too! One the things on my "To Do" list is an oil filter relocation. I'd hoped on putting it up front somewhere; but, I'm quickly running out of room! :biglaugh:

I've had the same thoughts about living closer. Who knows...me being from the south, I long for home. Maybe one day... ;)

Last edited:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Ok.....here it is! Drum role.....................................BAM!

I know it's not as nice as some; but, it is a HUGE improvement of how it was when I got it!

(below is kind of a before shot. I had already added a few things. Rad, AFPR, Braided Brake Booster Line)

p1395620_1.jpg

p1395620_2.jpg

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Thank you sir!

She's on the road as of last night. Now it's tune time. It's a good thing I LOVE this car because learning the MAFT Pro is time consuming!!!

I guess that's better than being on a bar stool right?! :)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
At this point, it's a matter of smoothing out my afr's. It has come a long ways. Next on the list is to put a little more boost to her. I haven't decided how much yet. I'm thinking 15 psi daily.

It is currently boosting of the 20g's wastegate spring which is 14psi and is doing quite well.

If all continues to be good, she's going to the dyno in about two weeks.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Here's what I did today.

I built and installed my laptop mount. It is on a Flex Arm that is bolted to the mounting rail under the passenger seat. When I don't want the laptop there, I simply remove it and bend the flex arm to lay flat on the floor.

It's sturdy, completely adjustable, and is passenger friendly!

The laptop has a solid state hard drive in it so it will withstand the bumps and vibrations of driving MUCH better than a conventional hard drive.

p1421030_1.jpg