CajunKenny's Build Thread

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Well, poop!

I have a leak. :mad:

I'm pretty sure I know what it is. I didn't buy the o'rings from Toyota. I compared the ones I got to the ones off the stock injectors and they are substiantially thinner. When I put them in the rail, they didn't seat quite right either. There was a good bit of play.

So, I will either go thru all of my used o'rings (about 24 of them) and use the best ones or wait until Monday and go get a new set from Toyota.

Moral of the story...get all of your injector o'rings and grommets from Toyota!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Well, here's the low down. I inspected most of my used o'rings and they're all dry and cracked.

So I called Toyota and they are $3.60 per o'ring!!! :aigo:

I'll probably venture down to the local parts houses and see what they've got. If I don't find a winner...its off to Toyota. :(

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
CajunKenny;1337442 said:
Well, here's the low down. I inspected most of my used o'rings and they're all dry and cracked.

So I called Toyota and they are $3.60 per o'ring!!! :aigo:

I'll probably venture down to the local parts houses and see what they've got. If I don't find a winner...its off to Toyota. :(

Hmm when I bought my full gasket kit, I got lucky and it came with all of that, every o ring, every gasket, ad metal gaskets wherever toyota used them... Buying those O rings are almost the price of my full gasket kit :) lol jk jk but that is pricey...

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
For slapping my pickup together I just got a whole kit off of ebay because I'm not really pushing any numbers and I just wanted to get everything for cheap. But yeah, if you really only want to build it once, gotta go Toyota for that kind of thing.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Yeah, I bought the 'Standard' brand kit that's in the pic a few posts up and they didn't seal. It was kind of funny... I pressurized the fuel rail and it started spraying like a sprinkler!! :biglaugh:

I called Toyota and they didn't have them in stock; but, could get them in a day.

Tomorrow I'll hit up Autozone, Schuck's, and maybe Napa to see what I can find. It's worth a shot I guess... :dunno:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Hey Matt! Thanks; but, I found some today at Schuck's. $3 bucks for 4. Muuuuch better than Toyota's price!

I appreciate it though!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Ok. The 550's are in and no leaks!

I took it or a ride today and turned up the boost to 15 psi. I haven't tuned yet so she's running really fat. 10.2 afr! Time to lean her out! :D

I'll try to get a few runs in before bedtime...

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Well, I took her out for a little run and guess what...I hit fuel cut at 15psi. After that, my clutch gave up the ghost. She just aint holding. So, no more fun for me until I get the new clutch in. :(

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Lame, how many miles are on it? If its slipping now you would be better off with a good stocker! Thats what Im on until the motor new motor is done and goes in. I'v had 0 issues, but Im not racing it so no excessive launches. I think I'll go with an ACT as well, but I dont know which one yet.

Me and Luis tuned it :icon_bigg