Neon Genesis

Gun Smith Cats

Patlabor

CowBoy Bebop

Porco Rosso

Howls Moving Castle

actually the list is endless ;)

Nice list!

Cowboy Bebop is probably one of the best animes out there. Any Miyazaki film is good. Also the original Gundam, Gundam 0083, Slayers, Full Metal Panic, 12 Kingdoms, Outlaw Star, Tenchi, Nadisico, Vampire Hunter D 1+2, Shadow Skill, and Rune Soldier.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Grim: well, that's what the series was always about, the Human Instrumentality Project...

The remastered the movies (if you've seen them) and they are going back and redoing the series/movies in 4 movies. The first movie is already out. It's called The Rebuild of Evangelion, and the first movie is You Are Not Alone.

Not to mention you have to watch it all more than one to understand WTF really is going on. The manga helps as well as some of the other literature that's been translated (basicly speaking about how earth was seeded twice when it should have only been seeded once, ect)

soundwave2000

Tenshou Getsuga
Sep 30, 2007
Somerville Tn.
ms07s;1274896 said:
+1

Nice list!

Cowboy Bebop is probably one of the best animes out there. Any Miyazaki film is good. Also the original Gundam, Gundam 0083, Slayers, Full Metal Panic, 12 Kingdoms, Outlaw Star, Tenchi, Nadisico, Vampire Hunter D 1+2, Shadow Skill, and Rune Soldier.

dude you forgot hellsing, dual, the new gundam 00 is good, samuri x, oh and I found that 1 you let me borrow that we couldnt remeber if I gave it back or not.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
mr taco;1274884 said:
trigun
inuyasha
initial d
Inuyasha was great up until the end of the second season when the new director took over. He got rid of all the gore, ecchi, swearing, the endings and openings were not near as good, he just took the whole show and dragged it through 2 miles of glass turning it into a show for 5 year olds.

And to top it all off they never finished the damn anime, the 5th movie that is suppose to finally put the series out of its misery still hasn't been released.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
my list (leaving out the ones already mentioned)

Hellsing
Ghost in the Shell
Appleseed
Vexille
Black Lagoon
Devil Lady
Noir
Outlaw Star
Excell Saga

old school goodies
Ranma 1/2
Urusei Yatsura
Dragonball

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
D34DC311;1275364 said:
Cowboy Bebop FTMFW

YES!!

Also Hellsing, Vampire Hunter D, Guns Smith Cats, Wangan Midnight, Outlaw Star, and the original Gundam Wing. Horrible melodrama aside it was still pretty awesome.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
The Berserk anime is not recomended for anyone who won't read the manga. They have no intentions of ever continuing the anime. Lodoss war was good.

soundwave2000;1274934 said:
dude you forgot hellsing, dual, the new gundam 00 is good, samuri x, oh and I found that 1 you let me borrow that we couldnt remeber if I gave it back or not.

True, but I can't be expected to remember all of em lol. And I have no idea anymore, so I guess that anime wasn't that good.:biglaugh:

Canuckrz;1274948 said:
Inuyasha was great up until the end of the second season when the new director took over.

Yup and they strayed from the source manga. Good way to kill any anime.

IJ.;1275336 said:
"Steam Boy" was good for the detail in the animation :)
I returned that the day I rented it.

bishop40k

Feb 9, 2008
Lafayete, IN
Wow, nice to see there are some on here with some good taste in Anime.

NGE is probably one of the best/weirdest animes ever and requires watching the series ATLEAST 3 times and some knowledge of religion to really peice it all together, also reading the manga helps ALOT.

Final Fantasy Unlimited was good for what it was, considering it's based in a storyline that almost never gets continued from one game to another, nice to see how they fit the constant characters into an anime.

Serial Experiments Lain is another weird "Thinking" anime. Hellsing, Trigun, Bleach, Death Note are good ones that have aired in the US on TV.

Inuyasha is a little tame for me, YuGiOh is decent IF you watch the first season (not the 4Kids crap). GoldenBoy is a great anime, but it's short (6 episodes). I'm sure there's lots more, but can't think of any now.

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
My favorites:

The Galaxy Railways
Lupin the III (pretty much anything Lupin)
Ranma 1/2
Gunbuster
Hakkenden
Samurai X
Fist of the North Star, Hokuto no Ken (original animated movie, english dub)

And as much as I like Macross, I was ruined (not such a bad thing) by and prefer Robotech :aigo:

I did also enjoy both seasons of Code Geass.

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
One Piece- My favorite ongoing series
Lupin, Spirit Away,..-All of Hayao Miyazaki's work is extraordinary
Cow Boy Bebop- Just finished watching the other day, loved the style
Ninja Scroll- Awesome Gore and fight scenes

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Am I the only one that's seen Guyver? :rofl:

Forgot Trigun, that was a really good anime, seemed kiddy but the plot was great....kinda Xenogears feeling.

Also, they remade Guyver, and the newer series goes much farther, but has less gore. Unsure if it will be continued (hopefully).

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
I liked the original 12 episode Guyver OVA, but the new animation style put me off from the last series. I lol'd at the live action Guyver movie starring David "Solid Snake" Hayter.

The Professional, Golgo 13 - Only Duke Togo adventure I liked.