A lot has changed since I've been involved with the Supra community.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
facebook is a pain. Having to search through it sucks and then having to read 20 useless posts to get to the one you wanted. Meh.

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Maybe the traffic on forum has declined a little, but I'm a relatively new member to the forums and it has provided me with the answers to any questions I had, alot of knowledge through reading other peoples shared information, and I have made friends/connections. So I would say it's still doing a damn good job at what it's meant to do! I suppose this would be as good as time as any to extend a big THANK YOU to this forum from a happy member! I can say without a doubt that my supra owning experience wouldn't be close to what it is without this forum..

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
A lot of the daily nonsense has moved to Facebook... and that's a good thing. Posts about what you did today and similar stuff is only relevant for a very short period, and having it here, where it's searchable and archived forever, is pointless. Facebook basically ignores anything past a week old.

Anything that should be shared and easy to find later is still better off on the forums, of course.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
This is all true and a good point GrimJack. I know without this forum I would probably have all kinds of strange little problems with my Supra that I was only able to figure out because of the other members here. Just like 7M4EVER said, thanks to all that run this forum and make it possible to have such a great place to get information.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
It's definitely slowed down around here. All the same, I have to applaud everyone who's still around and still working on and innovating for our cars. Over time some parts have gotten harder to get and more expensive, but there is also so much more aftermarket than there used to be 9 years ago.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I enjoy the daily FB nonsense but mainly come here for everything else. I love to support this forum than others but with social media now a day it's nice to have alternatives. This is still home to the MK3 though.

barrowlights

Feb 16, 2014
Appalachia
akito;1991022 said:
This is still home to the MK3 though.

Likely picking up my first this weekend, and searching through SM has already been hugely helpful on questions to ask the current owner and what to look out for when I get a chance to see it in person. Also, I prefer the feel of the forums to Facebook - I like my life to have some level of organization/compartmentalization/privacy, and FB ain't that.

It's just nice to know that whenever I see new posts here, it's got something to do with cars. Sometimes more, never less.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
things are definitely way slower than when i first joined and the years following that. there used to be so much going on constantly in all the sections general, tech, build, for sale, ect.....but im sure it has a lot to do with the down fall in the economy. building and modifying cars is not something that makes the most financial sense unless you have a decent disposable income which is becoming smaller and smaller for lots of people across the country. personally i still have my supra and got it to a point where i didn't want to modify it much more just get out and race it more. but then i crashed it this past january so now im busy fixing the damaged.... btw this is the third time :aigo:....but ive always sorta just lurked and dont post much about whats going on with my car. and im sure theres still tons of us that still have our supras and don't plan on getting rid of them just we aren't on here like we used to cause other things keep us occupied.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
I miss the days of big group convos on flashchat. I miss Dooms Regulus build, ive been here too long... :/

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
One of the funniest moments I've ever had on the internet was in flashchat when Kyle (Big Wang Bandit) went crazy, left the chat room, came back two seconds later and acted like nothing had happened. Something so stupid and idiotic just struck me funny like few other things ever have. That crazy son of a bitch was hilarious. I think I saved of picture of it somewhere.

That was also a time where I had hours of time to spend on the forums and the scene was all new to me. It was easy to get obsessed when I had the choice to either do engineering homework or cruise the forums. There seem to be fewer retards now, but there are also fewer enthusiastic folks. It's like we're all growing old or something. How the fuck did that happen in 5 years?

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
suprarx7nut;1991164 said:
One of the funniest moments I've ever had on the internet was in flashchat when Kyle (Big Wang Bandit) went crazy, left the chat room, came back two seconds later and acted like nothing had happened. Something so stupid and idiotic just struck me funny like few other things ever have. That crazy son of a bitch was hilarious. I think I saved of picture of it somewhere.

That was also a time where I had hours of time to spend on the forums and the scene was all new to me. It was easy to get obsessed when I had the choice to either do engineering homework or cruise the forums. There seem to be fewer retards now, but there are also fewer enthusiastic folks. It's like we're all growing old or something. How the fuck did that happen in 5 years?

I think there are probably a lot less of these cars still out there than there were even 5 years ago. Even I have noticed the lack of stupid threads lately like "how do I get SUPRA to make 3000hp????" and I have only been here for 3 years. The cars got super cheap, people bought them, wrecked them, or blew the motor, and then parted it out or tossed them into junkyards. It's pretty rare that I see a different Supra come up for sale in my area on craigslist or so. Come to think of it the few Supras I knew of in my area I haven't seen in a while or were sold. I guess less cars means less owners, and that means less forum traffic. I know I am here to stay though, I love these cars.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
This forum's traffic has always been a little slower than SF. It's been great for me to find no-nonsense answers from people who appreciate the results, without a lot of banter (offensive noise) to get the info I look for. Many of us have been here a VERY long time and aren't always involved with "new" issues/threads. We've solved sooooo many issues and now are mostly doing mods/improvements, rather than trying to get the Supra running "one-more-day."

Even tho traffic's slow, it's still the best place to come get info (not necessarily a social-type of site). I only remember once, but will always chip in when I can, towards keeping SM up & running. There are still many of us left, who are long term enthusiasts, contributors, and shoulders to cry on :) I have saved much $$ with what I've learned, unfortunately, most of it's gone back into my Supra ;-)

IchibanEye

Supramania Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
The Honeycomb Hideout
barrowlights;1991055 said:
Likely picking up my first this weekend, and searching through SM has already been hugely helpful on questions to ask the current owner and what to look out for when I get a chance to see it in person. Also, I prefer the feel of the forums to Facebook - I like my life to have some level of organization/compartmentalization/privacy, and FB ain't that.

It's just nice to know that whenever I see new posts here, it's got something to do with cars. Sometimes more, never less.

Agreed 100% this is the place to be, welcome to the forums and good luck with your new car. Let us know how it goes.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Have a lot of people try to add me on FB but I have NFI who they are as I don't know too many of the members here by their real names...

That and I'm not into having 1000's of "friends" people on my list are actual friends.. ;)

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
JDMMA70;1991162 said:
I miss the days of big group convos on flashchat. I miss Dooms Regulus build, ive been here too long... :/

I miss it too, but someone has my entire kit ( minus the visor ) he just never shared pictures or posts here. I kept bugging him to send pics but he hasn't.