A lot has changed since I've been involved with the Supra community.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I've spent a lot less time around the forums for the last couple years. Seems like a lot of other folks have done the same and the newer folks are struggling to pick up the slack.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
suprarx7nut;1990625 said:
I've spent a lot less time around the forums for the last couple years. Seems like a lot of other folks have done the same and the newer folks are struggling to pick up the slack.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

For sure!

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
It's indeed gotten slow and with the prices for transmissions, makes me think twice sometimes. I still haven't lost sight of picking up another Supra, I feel it's what I've been missing these past years. And with my friends moving up in the Supra game has got me way behind now. But I think I can manage. I've definitely noticed the lack of activity as I've been lurking the forums since I parted with my last Supra. But I, for one, will be becoming more active on the forums.

757_supra

Ich bin das boost!
Mar 3, 2012
US
I got one for free. It used to belong to Elvis Caban's Supra. I recently saw him on an FB Supra group and it made me remember about it.

steveyblack

Jun 21, 2007
Nj
I still say that the forum gets good traffic daily , there isn't many big break throughs since we are working with a 25 year old car , most of what people need to know is already out there. I remember when r154s were 250 all day. If I knew how high the price would have gone I would have saved mine instead of selling it for 250 hahah

Midwest_Mudder

i remember my first supra, get on here, hit the "whats new" button, 200+ thread updates. now days its like 20-30 during the day, hundred or so overnight. which, is ok since most of whats being posted is relevant information. only thing i miss is users in the chatroom. that was always a quick way to get answers to stupid questions.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
The entire Supra scene is definitely on a decline, less cars out there as they get older and damaged/rusty/thrown away. That said, I think some of the activity has also moved away from forums and onto places like Facebook as well.

Jeff

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Jeff Lange;1990800 said:
The entire Supra scene is definitely on a decline, less cars out there as they get older and damaged/rusty/thrown away. That said, I think some of the activity has also moved away from forums and onto places like Facebook as well.

Jeff

This is very true. I hate to see everything moving to Facebook though, I don't have one and much prefer this set up.

Midwest_Mudder

i dont get any more use out of facebook than a forum that is supported on tapatalk (such as this one). BUT some forums dont support mobile users and thats where facebook nullifies the forum. this forum has way too many good articles and tech crap to just let it go to waste.

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Agreed, This setup is great for setting up a a lot of reference materials that we can use before we ask stupid questions. I just can't see how facebook could equal these forums ever.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Agreed.
The last R154 I found in a junkyard, I bought for $80, and sold it for $400 3 days later.
This forum is very quiet compared to a couple years ago. And as mentioned. There's not alot of 'new' info out there, and our cars are indeed becoming more rare.
All the more reason to keep mine, though. I'm on 4 Facebook Supra pages, but I prefer this forum to all of them.

barrowlights

Feb 16, 2014
Appalachia
S.A. supra;1990857 said:
Im too old for Facebook, so this forum will have to do.

I'm a member of the Facebook generation, but have always gone by forums for car info and probably always will - you're not really missing anything. Since I'm pretty sure I'm about to buy my first Supra (87 mkiii - has a CPS miss, so I'm holding out until I see it), I joined up here. Hopefully see you guys around :)