7MGTE Fuel Cut at 2700rpm

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
And I know a little about feed back based microcontroller based control systems. I am heavily leaning towards the lack of afm freq input being the problem. While the tccs is seeing the correct voltage on Ks it is not getting the input needed to adjust the injector pulse duration.

Is that a valid theory?

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
New used afm installed. Identical symptoms. I will pull codes and try reseting to ign timing today again. Also will try my backup ecu. Help?

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
Codes: 21,31,51

less than 1ohm measured between afm sensor and ecu on KS, VC, E2, THA and OX, HT, B+ between ox sensor and ECU.

VC = 4.99V when IGN is on and 11.8V between HT and B+ when IGN is on.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Again with the conflicting info. I thought you said before there weren't codes? While they all should be fixed the only one that'll cause your problem is 31. It's always been that way. Stop screwing around and fix it. Measure the signal at the ECU. If it's correct replace the box, although I'll be very surprised if its at fault. If the signal isn't correct repair the wiring or replace the karman sensor. None of this is rocket science.

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
IndigoMKII;1949006 said:
If you recalibrated the TPS, and you still have a code 51..

AC Is deleted, couldn't that also cause 51? Also I am not running a NSW.

jetjock;1949007 said:
Again with the conflicting info. I thought you said before there weren't codes? While they all should be fixed the only one that'll cause your problem is 31. It's always been that way. Stop screwing around and fix it. Measure the signal at the ECU. If it's correct replace the box, although I'll be very surprised if its at fault. If the signal isn't correct repair the wiring or replace the karman sensor. None of this is rocket science.
Wiring comes through as less then 1 ohm between sensor and ecu.
I am on my third afm sensor.
I do not have access to a Ocilliscope off hand to measure frequency.

3p141592654;1949021 said:
Yeah, 31, now there's a clue!
Yeah bad afm, except wiring is fine and I am on my third afm.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
How do you expect it to idle properly without an air flow signal? It is currently operating in limp mode with a code 31, fuel cut at 3000 rpm, and a 2 point fuel map. If you want it to ever run properly you need to fix code 31.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
kaiser;1949498 said:
I do not have access to a Ocilliscope off hand to measure frequency.

You don't need a scope to measure Hz. Even a low dollar (relatively) Fluke 115 will accurately show you the airflow meter signal.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
If you're on AFM 3 and you still have a code 31.... Perhaps the problem is with the wiring back to the ecu. 31 generally signifies an open or a short.

Are you positive there are no shorts within the AFM or to ground on all the AFM wiring?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
suprarx7nut;1949688 said:
If you're on AFM 3 and you still have a code 31.... Perhaps the problem is with the wiring back to the ecu. 31 generally signifies an open or a short.

Are you positive there are no shorts within the AFM or to ground on all the AFM wiring?

Figured it out. Wiring to the ECU was fine as well as wiring to ECU GND but the wire to the IM ground was ringing in at >1ohm. I ran new wire and voila!

So Problem solved thanks SM!

And Jet Jock, your are less then useful. Your behavior is disappointing even by SF standards. If you spent more time providing valid input rather then quirky semi useful one liners this may have been solved easier.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Lol.
You started this thread on the 31st of May; waited till the 28th of June to mention the ecu's fault codes.
Information is a two-way street, or conversely, garbage in = garbage out.

Glad you got it fixed.

Last edited:

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
supraguy@aol;1950185 said:
Lol.
You started this thread on the 31st of May; waited till the 28th of June to mention the ecu's fault codes.
Information is a two-way street, or conversely, garbage in = garbage out.

Glad you got it fixed.

Lol, True, took me a little while to figure out how to pull the codes when there is no dash cel hooked up on my truck.

Plus i could only work on it on the weekend because I work out of town.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
kaiser;1950150 said:
...And Jet Jock, your are less then useful. Your behavior is disappointing even by SF standards. If you spent more time providing valid input rather then quirky semi useful one liners this may have been solved easier.

Lol. Yeah, easier. At least one of us is dazzled by your technical prowess. Buh-bye!

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
kaiser;1950150 said:
And Jet Jock, your are less then useful. Your behavior is disappointing even by SF standards. If you spent more time providing valid input rather then quirky semi useful one liners this may have been solved easier.
Bansuit on!

I have to agree and I haven't even really read this thread. That's the last time I will comment on this matter.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
OfnaRcR4;1950420 said:
Bansuit on!

I have to agree and I haven't even really read this thread. That's the last time I will comment on this matter.

I think he forgets what it's like to be a beginner or really anything but a "good" home mechanic.
There are plenty of dumb people and questions, but there are also plain old newbs who just need some guidance. Not everyone is a diagnostician around here and that's OK.

Part of the point of the forums is to help the uneducated become educated.

Hopefully the op learned the importance of connecting a check engine light. Even if he doesn't somebody else might read this and learn from it.