7MGTE Fuel Cut at 2700rpm

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
Ok So

Lex AFM, 550cc INJ, Walbro 255lph Fuel is at 35psi.

I Try to rev the car in neutral and at 2700rpm my wideband shows it leaning out in spikes and it wont rev higher. The ECU tests fine (5V on KS and VC when IGN on and 4V when running on KS). I Put my SAFC on it to see it it sees any signal from KS and it sticks at 3hz constant. Not sure if SAFC is pooched. I have run it with No afc if that is what someone is going to suggest.

Less then 1 ohm between KS at afm and KS at ECU.

I was thinking Bad AFM but I pulled codes 21 and 51 (TPS wiring is also good as is O2 sensor wiring) O2 sensor is Brand New and TPS bench tested fine.

SO confused.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
kaiser;1942608 said:
Ok So

Lex AFM, 550cc INJ, Walbro 255lph Fuel is at 35psi.

I Try to rev the car in neutral and at 2700rpm my wideband shows it leaning out in spikes and it wont rev higher. The ECU tests fine (5V on KS and VC when IGN on and 4V when running on KS). I Put my SAFC on it to see it it sees any signal from KS and it sticks at 3hz constant. Not sure if SAFC is pooched. I have run it with No afc if that is what someone is going to suggest.

Less then 1 ohm between KS at afm and KS at ECU.

I was thinking Bad AFM but I pulled codes 21 and 51 (TPS wiring is also good as is O2 sensor wiring) O2 sensor is Brand New and TPS bench tested fine.

SO confused.

Code 51 doesn't mean a bad TPS, it means a mis-calibrated TPS. No IDL signal IIRC.

mkiiibro

Sep 25, 2009
Detroit
My brothers car has been doing this for about a month as well. He can drive it all day without getting into boost, but as soon as he starts rolling into the throttle he gets the same kind of cut out

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
what do you have the throttle positions for hi and low set to on he safc?
idk if that affects revving in nuetral but in mine I had my afc set wrong so Is I would go more than 10-20% on throttle it would cut out
are you sure it's an rpm thing and not a throttle thing?

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
The SAFC is not Intercepting the KS signal at present. I just have it Monitoring Throttle, Rev and KS.

Originally I had a 31 but when I pulled my EFI fuse it went away. I believe it was only there because I had installed the SAFC and intercepted the KS signal.

I will check again tomorrow.

I will Re calibrate the TPS tomorrow as well.

Keep the Insight coming! It really helps boys!

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
Also it is running pig rich. 10afr at idle. Plugs are black and fouled. This is why i got an SAFC. To try and lean it out.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I would guess an intercooler pipe leak, based on the rich condition, along with fuel cut.
But of course, my guess and a $1.50 will get you a cup'a joe at waffle house.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
mkiiibro;1942725 said:
My brothers car has been doing this for about a month as well. He can drive it all day without getting into boost, but as soon as he starts rolling into the throttle he gets the same kind of cut out

Probably a bad boost leak.

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
So Boost leak is the General consensus? Even though my SAFC tells me there is no frequency coming from the AFM? I don't get an AFM code when I run it though. Very Weird. Maybe this SAFC is NFG?

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
supraguy@aol;1942779 said:
I would guess an intercooler pipe leak, based on the rich condition, along with fuel cut.
But of course, my guess and a $1.50 will get you a cup'a joe at waffle house.

Same guess here.

For rich and limp mode:
SonicTechNotes said:
If the Karman Vortex air flow meter system were to fail completely the TCCS will enter Fail Safe mode. Under this mode injection pulse width and ignition timing will be set to the Fail safe fixed values based on other engine sensor conditions. This is the normal injection pulse width and ten degrees fixed ignition timing.

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
jetjock;1943142 said:
Why would you get a SAFC to correct 10 afr @ idle? Did it have anything to do with your avatar?

I got the SAFC Because 10AFR is very rich and my plugs are really black

Rollus;1943165 said:
Same guess here.

For rich and limp mode:

Ok so my charge piping is pretty simple.

Turbo
Hump Hose Coupler
180' Aluminum Bend
45' Silicone
90' Aluminum Bend
Hump Hose Coupler

My Accordion Hose is a brand new Ebay coupler.

So I don't really have much to check. I will try to Spray starter Spray on any potential leak sites and listen for a rev.

What is still really bugging me is whether or not my SAFC is NFG????? It does not read a Hz when I monitor the Karmen input. WTF? Anyone heard of this issue before?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
This is real simple.

Who is in your avatar?

Take out the 550's, take out the lex afm and get it to run right without the safc.

Who is in your avatar?

Is she related to you? Is she really a he?

Who is in your avatar?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2