7MGTE Fuel Cut at 2700rpm

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
As much as I hate to say it Google for alternatives. I use dogpile.

And in case the OP hasn't figured this out yet he should not be trying to tune a 10 afr at idle. He should be fixing whatever is the root cause because, well, damn...

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
jetjock;1943835 said:
As much as I hate to say it Google for alternatives. I use dogpile.

And in case the OP hasn't figured this out yet he should not be trying to tune a 10 afr at idle. He should be fixing whatever is the root cause because, well, damn...

Well I was trying to lean out my 10afr Idle. I thought the Rich condition was because of the 550's and Lex AFM. I thought that was the root cause, along with the walbro 255 and the -8 supply line. The fuel system is supplying too much fuel, and the stock ECU cannot correct it (IMO)

How can I correct over rich at idle without an AFC?

Wouldn't a boost leak create a lean condition?

I will double check the IDL voltage but I am running out of ideas guys.

Last edited:

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
kaiser;1943965 said:
Well I was trying to lean out my 10afr Idle. I thought the Rich condition was because of the 550's and Lex AFM. I thought that was the root cause, along with the walbro 255 and the -8 supply line. The fuel system is supplying too much fuel, and the stock ECU cannot correct it (IMO)

How can I correct over rich at idle without an AFC?

Wouldn't a boost leak create a lean condition?

I will double check the IDL voltage but I am running out of ideas guys.

The correct way to fix it would be to remove the 550's and lex AFM and install the normal parts.

My earlier comment was genuine, despite poking fun at your dismissal of your avatar.

Revert to factory settings/parts and get it running right. It will be well worth your time. Seriously.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
I don't have the original Parts anymore. I pieced this motor together from a short block and shoehorned it into a pick up

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
jetjock;1944019 said:
OK, now you're just effing with me. Must be. Nobody is that stupid.

No Sadly I am not effeing with you. I had a Honda before this and I knew that sohc 1.7 was a lost cause for power so I focused on suspension tuning.

Engine Tuning is a new game to me.

It has been set with the motor off and the pump running. Experimenting with turning down my afpr didnt really yield any change in AFR. But I didnt go below 30psi.

I have ordered a new AFM Sensor off here so it should be up here in a week or two.

Should I try turning my FP down below 30?

Assume I am 'that stupid'. I am not trolling, just asking for help.