7MGTE Fuel Cut at 2700rpm

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
You can't have overboost fuel cut without the 34. When it is calculated that fuel needs to be shut off, 34 is automatically triggered. Along with the MIL as the car stumbles. Considering all the threads on this subject over the years, I would be suprised to find that the MIL did not illuminate when the PCM was giving an open circuit to the ground.

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
jdmfreak;1945141 said:
Just curious... Did you get rid of your j tube?

Yes it is deleted

Nick M;1945145 said:
You can't have overboost fuel cut without the 34. When it is calculated that fuel needs to be shut off, 34 is automatically triggered. Along with the MIL as the car stumbles. Considering all the threads on this subject over the years, I would be surprised to find that the MIL did not illuminate when the PCM was giving an open circuit to the ground.

I am not making boost at all, I cannot make it past 2700 rpm without hitting fuel cut. I severely doubt it is a boost leak or I would be running lean and I am running at 10afr

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
jdmfreak;1945141 said:
Just curious... Did you get rid of your j tube?

Yes it is deleted

Nick M;1945145 said:
You can't have overboost fuel cut without the 34. When it is calculated that fuel needs to be shut off, 34 is automatically triggered. Along with the MIL as the car stumbles. Considering all the threads on this subject over the years, I would be surprised to find that the MIL did not illuminate when the PCM was giving an open circuit to the ground.

I am not making boost at all, I cannot make it past 2700 rpm without hitting fuel cut. I severely doubt it is a boost leak or I would be running lean and I am running at 10afr

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
kaiser;1945303 said:
Yes it is deleted

This statement is impossible.

Sent from my Htcclay's SuperCM7 G2 using Tapatalk 2

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Well, no it isn't. There is 3000rpm fuel cut that occurs when code 31 is set (AFM fault). There is also a 3000 rpm fuel cut if the ecu thinks you have been abusing the engine, but I doubt that is the case here.

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
Jon, doesn't backup mode enrich like a pig and won't allow mid/high revs?
It is my understanding from the above link I posted..

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
kaiser;1945303 said:

Doesn't a boost leak cause it to run rich...?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Mikael_7m;1945350 said:
Doesn't a boost leak cause it to run rich...?

He doesn't have a boost leak. Unless he can not count 3 then 4 flashes. A boost leak is a vacuum leak when not under a heavy load.

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
Exhaust Not Plugged. It just has a 3" Divorced Down Pipe with no exhaust from there on.

JetJock This thread is still alive because I am out of town working and have limited time to work on the truck when I am back. Add that to the fact the Supra parts are non existent in North Eastern Ontario and most importantly my truck is not running. You have been very informative so far, and I appreciate the spoon feeding.

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
You're welcome supraguy ;)

To the OP:

Rollus;1945334 said:
You probably want to read these two JetJock's posts:

Stock ECU Modes: Back Up
Stock ECU Modes: Fail Safe

(there may be also on this board, I just searched google)

Rollus;1945344 said:
Jon, doesn't backup mode enrich like a pig and won't allow mid/high revs?
It is my understanding from the above link I posted..

kaiser;1945303 said:

You are perhaps in backup mode, and if I understand corrctly, this back up mode won't even light the MIL..

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
It won't Monsewer but I seriously doubt that's his problem. It's very likely something far simpler. Unfortunately the OP's lack of understanding about how the system works coupled with the poor diagnostic info he's supplying isn't helping matters.

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
jetjock;1945487 said:
It won't Monsewer but I seriously doubt that's his problem. It's very likely something far simpler. Unfortunately the OP's lack of understanding about how the system works coupled with the poor diagnostic info he's supplying isn't helping matters.

Hey jet jock. I would be glad to provide you with any diagnostic information that would help but unfortunatly I am new to this and do not claim to be a professional. I have rag through wires and i have tried to follow along with the diagnostic procedure outlined in the tsrm.

I did read thos two articles and found them extremely helpful and well wrafter I try a new afm sensor I will try using my back up ecu. Great suggestions everyone! Thank you all taking the time!