7MGTE Fuel Cut at 2700rpm

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
kaiser;1944061 said:
No Sadly I am not effeing with you. I had a Honda before this and I knew that sohc 1.7 was a lost cause for power so I focused on suspension tuning.

Engine Tuning is a new game to me.

It has been set with the motor off and the pump running. Experimenting with turning down my afpr didnt really yield any change in AFR. But I didnt go below 30psi.

I have ordered a new AFM Sensor off here so it should be up here in a week or two.

Should I try turning my FP down below 30?

Assume I am 'that stupid'. I am not trolling, just asking for help.

No, don't turn it down anymore.

Nicks link above shows the factory pressure.

You've got another problem somewhere. The tsrm is an excellent tool. I suggest you familiarize yourself with it. :) it's free to anyone with internet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
jetjock;1944118 said:
His fuel pressure is correct. Something he should already know but some some unfathomable reason doesn't. It's obvious what his problem is but until he comes clean about the avatar...

This^^^^
We can better assist you if you include information about your avatar

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
jetjock;1944326 said:
Oui. Except for the sewer part. You're pretty smart for a Frenchman :icon_razz

Merci monsieur.
I understand the sewer part of some of my answers. I have difficulties to explain technical stuff in English some times. And as everyone here, my understanding may be incorrect.

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
jdmfreak;1944337 said:
So op have you checked and readjusted your tps yet?

I am about to do that tomorrow. I just got back to town (My work has had me out of town the last month) . Thanks for the Input!

This has been my avatar as long as I have been on car forums.
I saw is on a nissan 240 board and used it as my 7thgenhonda Avatar.
http://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6297

I dig thick pale brunettes... I just like em pasty and chubby...What?

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
OK. Just checked my TPS.

IDL
0.5mm 0.987mm
Measured@TPS 15ohm Inf
Measured@ECU 44ohm Inf

VTA Actuates between 0-5V as seen at the ECU

Down Pipe is at the welders getting modified to clear my transfer case so cannot run engine.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
kaiser;1942608 said:
Ok So...my wideband shows it leaning out in spikes and it wont rev higher.

kaiser;1942772 said:
Also it is running pig rich. 10afr at idle. Plugs are black and fouled. This is why i got an SAFC. To try and lean it out.

kaiser;1943122 said:
Even though my SAFC tells me there is no frequency coming from the AFM? I don't get an AFM code when I run it though. Very Weird. Maybe this SAFC is NFG?

Just trying to put your thread together.... If you have no Hz input to the SAFC, then what exactly is it trimming?

kaiser

Jul 22, 2010
Thunder Bay
Nick M;1944838 said:
Just trying to put your thread together.... If you have no Hz input to the SAFC, then what exactly is it trimming?

As soon as the SAFC was hooked up and it did not see any Frequency I disconnected it and reconnected the KS input to the ECU.

So just to clarify... THE SAFC IS NOT ALTERING ANYTHING IT IS JUST OBSERVING RPM AND TPS.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Nick M;1945045 said:
If he had a boost leak and it was an Hz related fuel cut, he would have code 34.
ah true so what does that really leave in my head i would be thinking AFM or ECU but AFM would more then likely throw codes. I have had instances where it didn't