1986.5 7mge -> 2jzge my very first build.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
If you run Eibach's, let me know. I've got a set of kyb gr2's I need to install but want to change my bushings and springs at the same time. I don't know if Eibach's are the spring for me though, aren't they progressive rate?

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
no not yet. a while ago when jason was still in supra scene i was going to trade for michelle's eibachs for my stockers due to the front bumper on her car and the skirts. but since then he has been busy with the new house and job. yes eibachs are progressive(supra sport has some reviews on customers impressions and setups) I also would like to do all of the suspension and brakes at the same time. kinda thinking about the arz bbk kit with the 4 pot and the matching rears. just buying the pads later in the future worries me

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I can tell you that the Eibach's drove very comfortably.
They're not the stiffest spring for autocross, etc, But they gave me the height and stance that I liked, and they were slightly stiffer than stock.
I used to have Intrax, and got rid of them.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
ill do some autocross in the future but this is a daily driver. i plan on having keyless entry,navigation,bells AND whistles lol so eibachs will be good from what i hear and i guess ill go with the arz wildwood 4 pots and matching rear for bling and purpose.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
Ive heard of house poor where your house consumes most or all of your income, how about supra poor?

So Ive got these items ordered
-built R154 inbound thats Marlin crawled
-eibach pro springs
-ES Black poly bushings front and rear
-MOOG lower balljoints
-Soon to order rear bearings for suspension arm from toyota
-ssv3 shifter
-extreme pressure plate
-mt90 redline 5 qts
-ford friction modifier

my rack and tierods are already new so it will be interesting to feel a new 1986 supra for the first time :)

debating on new upper control arms, dorman or maybe OEM? diego i re-read your mayan build but didnt see where you got yours.

almost went overboard with the ARZ BBK too, the only thing that stopped me was my rims are to small and im already murdering my savings account.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Dang- you bought that MC tranny in the for sale section?
You are BALLER, yo!
As for the upper arms, i think i just got them off ebay.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
Yeah I been eating rameen noodles for to long. Time to get some go fast and shiny parts. It was gonna be something like $1200 to rebuild my trans anyway. So I'll just sell it for 400-450 and I have a spare diff to rebuild too if you could help out with that some time? I have yet to do the rest of my engine too. I really want to get flex fuel step up but the details haven't been sorted out like what line to use for permanent use. I'd like to reinforce the rear subframe and get subframe mounts too but I haven't found poly,or rubber ones. I want from not noisy race car. This is a grand touring car and should be every bit of comfortable while retaining performance.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Let us know how the yellows feel, I was just looking at buying a set. I want full subframe bushings and control arm bushings so I can swap over all my new suspension stuff at one shot.