10 reason MK3 Supras are garbage

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
who cares?? Fuck what everyone says I like mine, you like yours they can lick me where I shit. People always talk shit, never in person though. Maybe becasue Im 6'6" 260 lbs....

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
lppro;1829967 said:
hey we don't all have Burgundy interiors!!! lol i'm kinda surprised he didn't mention the horrible stock brakes lol
While it's true we don't ALL have them, white on burgundy was the largest production numbers by a large margin.

Jayhall;1829970 said:
who cares?? Fuck what everyone says I like mine, you like yours they can lick me where I shit. People always talk shit, never in person though. Maybe becasue Im 6'6" 260 lbs....
Nah, it's because we can't get a word in edgewise. ;)

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
How many of the MKIII haters ever drove one of these when they were brand new? None probably since they were all still just a floating sperm. I had the pleasure of taking a long cruise in a brand new 92. I liked it way better over the LS400 I drove that day as well. It's a luxury car never meant to be put through what it's being put through today. Supracentral"s quote in my sig says it all. And to paraphrase another members signature, the only problems with these cars are the owners. I can't remember who's it is or else I'd give credit. :)

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
gtsfirefighter;1830006 said:
And to paraphrase another members signature, the only problems with these cars are the owners. I can't remember who's it is or else I'd give credit. :)

That was one of my quotes too; "99 times out of 100, the weakest link in the MKIII is the owner"

redrocco

QUADCAM
Feb 21, 2007
Rochester NY
While the MK3 supra has its faults I would say its in the top ten RWD cars to come from japan to the usa. I got the impression that the author of that article was eather just some dushe out E thugin or has little to no true experience with cars. I have had and worked on quite a few cars over the years and the MK3 supra is by far my favorite platform for modifications and engine swapping that I have seen yet. Its all perspective any way, for me any car made after 1995 is only worth a few parts and its weight in scrap. I have no need or desire to deal with all the headaches that come with OBD2. I know people who like nothing more than a brand new car and if that's what they like then good for them. I have done the transverse engine thing and do not miss it at all, same goes for FWD. I never plan on owning a FWD car again, I have never seen any reason for FWD. I love AWD and still would like to see how a MK3 AWD setup handles. I also got a good laugh. At the typical "mk3 supras are to heavy to be _______" when you have a platform of car that can have HP and TQ well over 1000 if the owner feals the need then "heavy" is relitive. Last time I checked my supra was around 3100 pounds and getting lighter. That's over 500 pounds lighter then the new 2012 mustang GT that weighs in at 3620 pounds. The old school muscle cars were allmost all very heavy but the 500HP 600TQ big block V8s made many of them very fast. Its the old JDM " if it weighs more than a civic its to heavy" thinking. Have you ever seen a dayly driven civic with over 800HP, the car would be way to light to put that kind of power to the ground.

Well I could go on more so... END of rant.