You know you're a Supra owner when...

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
seacombe2379;1695947 said:
When your wife says no to a set of jdm tails

cause she wants to decorate the bathroom:(:(:(

Just to let you know, JDM tails are nothing special. They are identical to the USDM tails but the foil behind the lights is darker, that is where the look comes from. If you removed the foul, both lights are the same red.

Nobody has said this one....

You are a Supra owner if you own a Supra.

:D

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
IBoughtASupra;1696021 said:
Just to let you know, JDM tails are nothing special. They are identical to the USDM tails but the foil behind the lights is darker, that is where the look comes from. If you removed the foul, both lights are the same red.

This is true, except the middle piece has different paint...

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
...your local toyota dealership recognizes your voice on the phone, even if they don't know your name.

...what most people think looks like a spaghetti of vacuum lines in your engine bay actually makes sense to you and you think it's not really THAT complicated.

...you consider replacing your front seats because they're torn up and it would reduce the weight of your car by 60 lbs, but they're just too damn comfortable to give up.

seacombe2379

7M + MaftPro = FUN
Nov 22, 2009
Grangemouth, United Kingdom
IBoughtASupra;1696021 said:

Nobody has said this one....

You are a Supra owner if you own a Supra.

:D

mine's a UK car so tails are completely different!

And Thats a good one lol

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You know you're a Supra owner when the first thing you do after getting the keys to your new house is sweeping out the garage and parking your car in it. :)

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
te72;1696636 said:
You know you're a Supra owner when the first thing you do after getting the keys to your new house is sweeping out the garage and parking your car in it. :)

How does it feel to have a place to work on your car? Pretty nice, huh?

Only thing you need now is a lift. They can be found pretty cheap used and if a shop going out of business, you can low ball really well, then again, that is if you have the money after the new house expense and the space.

shimafan02

Sep 4, 2010
Kentucky
...you consider replacing your front seats because they're torn up and it would reduce the weight of your car by 60 lbs, but they're just too damn comfortable to give up.[/QUOTE]

not if theyre broken like mine :(

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
shimafan02;1696807 said:
...you consider replacing your front seats because they're torn up and it would reduce the weight of your car by 60 lbs, but they're just too damn comfortable to give up.

not if theyre broken like mine :([/QUOTE]

It would be nice to reduce the weight of the OEM seats to an acceptable weight...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IBoughtASupra;1696682 said:
How does it feel to have a place to work on your car? Pretty nice, huh?

Only thing you need now is a lift. They can be found pretty cheap used and if a shop going out of business, you can low ball really well, then again, that is if you have the money after the new house expense and the space.

Gotta say, it does kick ass. Never thought I'd really enjoy this sort of thing, but it is kinda fun. Unfortunately I moved in next to what might as well be a daycare of a neighborhood so I'm a bit concerned about ever leaving the garage open, Supras out, etc... A lift would be nice, but that's not really a necessity. Friend of mine has a huge shop, and has lifts on the way, *and* likes working on my car, so as long as schedules line up, I usually have free access to a lift if need be. :)

Still not saying I wouldn't want one, but not just yet. Floor epoxy is going in as soon as it's warm enough to let the stuff cure though. ;)

mk3_supra

Jun 14, 2006
vancouver
When you see the temp gauge going up and immediately turn the heater on and start smashing the up button
When you start seeing steam come from under the hood and you know exactly where it's coming from
When you get a spray of liquid on your windshield and you start cursing the world
When you're not sure if you should be happy to see it's a leak in your rad and you know the hgs been done before...

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
When your driving on a long trip and see the sign coming up (6% grade, turn off A/C to prevent overheating) and you know that your going to overheat anyways. You also know that the rest stop right after is a head bolt re torque station just for supra's

lmao we were joking about that on the drive to long beach this weekend!

bluebullet89

Oct 16, 2008
Meridian, ID
when you make a new friend on facebook and before seeing ANY of their pics you look at their profile pic of them in a car and you can tell they own a supra by seeing the little chrome strip right next to the glass.

AKA... by seeing any tiny portion of a car and knowing it's a supra.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
So true, i spotted this Supra during the intro to The Naked Gun, i jumped up and paused it right away...

img20110403122101.jpg

bluebullet89

Oct 16, 2008
Meridian, ID
RazoE;1698086 said:
So true, i spotted this Supra during the intro to The Naked Gun, i jumped up and paused it right away...

HAHA isnt that just so true? On packed streets with LITERALLY HUNDREDS of cars going everywhere. something out of the corner of your eye catches you for a FRACTION of a second and one word passes through your mind.... SUPRA! of course you do a double take and realize it was. :)