XTD Clutch scam!

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
I have a used spec I could send to get tested.. its probably weak though, its been rode hard and put up wet..

Some poeple have said the stock pp with a 6puck can handle some decent power.. probably not heavy drag racing or anything, but will hold power on the street..

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Yea, how would I get my money back for this useless clutch and flywheel sitting on my floor?

I'm looking for beyond 500rwtq, and it sounds like this things barely gonna get me to 400.

I'll probably be contacting you about your clutches Aaron but it looks like I gotta get rid of this XTD piece of crap first. Please tell me you slapped this guy or something when you went to his place of "business".:nono:

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Here's a little bit about the clutch that I've experienced so far. It's the "stage 3" one. It chatters like a Sombitch!!! Don't get me wrong, this clutch really grabs the gears. But, who knows how long it will last. Another thing that I have noticed about it is the way the clutch pedal feels when letting it out. Its when I'm on an incline when coming on base when they check ID's, it starts feeling like it's vibrating my foot and shakes the shit out of my car.

I'm going to keep it in there until it goes. I hope to have the money to buy the upgraded PP and stock clutch that Aaron recommended before this one goes. I just absolutely hate the clutch chatter. It's the 6-puck disk BTW. I'm so disappointed in myself for going for the "cheaper" option on the clutch. I guess I've learned my lesson and hopefully everyone else won't make that mistake after reading this thread.

Aaron: How much was the upgraded PP and stock clutch disk? Do you also have any disk that is better than stock that won't chatter?

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Aaron, I'm thinking about doing a Better Business Bureau to get my $280 back after I buy your clutch kit and take the old one off. Is there anyway you can provide me written proof (your testing results) that this is a scam? I'd really appreciate it.

EDIT: My previous post showed the w58 pressure plate. My mistake. Post was deleted

Last edited:

werewolves182

is without a supra :(
Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
Thats not even an R154 pressure plate. Notice the diaphragm is pointed out which means its a push type I believe. IIRC ours is a pull type. I could have gotten that backwards though. Either way its opposite of the R154. It looks like a honda PP.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
My bad guys, it was for the w58. I deleted the post. I'm still going to try the BBB to get my money back after I buy a driftmotion clutch kit.