XTD Clutch scam!

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Ok, I sent a message to the seller of this clutch kit and it goes something like this:

starscream5000 said:
You clutch is a POS. I bought one off of you a while back thinking you were an honest seller (dumb of me, I know). The only thing different about the pressure plate you sell and a stock supra turbo PP is the paint job. The springs are not thicker, nor stronger than the stock spring, because that's just what it is, stock. You are trying to sell a look-a-like copy of the Action upgraded clutch. Why are you trying to sell something that obviously is NOT what you are describing it as?

Here is the reply I just got back from him, you'll get a kick out of this Aaron ;):

aimcoclutch said:
hello.
no,that's not true.
i know one of our customer he's name is ARRON KAHN,he is tring to mess up our business.
This 6 puck clutch disc will not work properly with stock pressure plate.
we using special heat treated disphragm pressure plate.
we've been sold thousand of this Supra 7MGTE clutch kit since 1999 and we never received one single defect.
Jim

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
He is full of it, and I can't believe he would give out my name to random people who complain. I am also not their customer. I am not trying to mess up anything, I bought their clutch in person, and had Action Clutch test it, and it was no higher spring pressure then stock. It's not my fault they are misrepresenting their parts. I didn't even make a big deal about it, I only posted this in SM because I don't want Supra people getting screwed. I could have complained to Ebay, but that's not something I want to get into. I'm also not going to go to the BBB or whatever, I don't want this to get out of hand, and I don't want to be part of a lawsuit. I didn't even return the pressure plates I bought, since they were stock and I didn't want to get into a fight to return them, I sent them to actually be upgraded by Action. Of course they have not had any defects, they are stock pressure plates, what could be wrong with them other then the clutch slipping at high hp levels.

If he has a real upgraded pressure plate that is 35% thicker I would really like to see it, because the ones I was personally sold as upgraded were stock.

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
fine, anyone that has bought one of their clutch kits, measure the thickness of the diaphram spring and tell me if it's thicker...

it CAN'T be thicker anyways since then the hub assembly won't fit, so this guy doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground...

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
They all use the stock pressure plate to start, but it is disassembled and the spring is heat treated for more clamp pressure. On really heavy pressure plates they double up the spring.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Poodles said:
it CAN'T be thicker anyways since then the hub assembly won't fit, so this guy doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground...

He knows EXACTLY what he's doing. Ripping people off.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
bigaaron said:
They all use the stock pressure plate to start, but it is disassembled and the spring is heat treated for more clamp pressure. On really heavy pressure plates they double up the spring.
thanks for the info!

BlindRonin

Where are my pants!
Feb 27, 2006
St. Louis Missouri
Ebay Can't do a hole lot about it when it comes to he said she said. Not that i think Aaron is lying but, The bbb will drown you in paperwork. If someone can get the specs from action The F.B.I has done wonders on internet fraud.
(i didnt know if you spotted it but in the third pic the arm where the spring attaches looks green on both you can see the overspray of red i guess they missed that spot. Thought that was funny!)

Attachments

• SANY0603Medium.jpg
    SANY0603Medium.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 86

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
All the companies start out with a stock pressure plate, but all the HONEST companies heat treat the spring. We tested the spring pressure of two pressure plates from XTD and they were the same as stock, untouched other then paint.

88-7MGTE

there was a guy here on SM trying to sell the XTD 50$ cheaper and he said he never used it, he wants to sell it because he crashed the car or something.
I think he wanted to get rid of this shit loosing only 50$
ebay scammers! hate them just to make a buck the wrong way

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Anyone wanna buy an XTD clutch kit and flywheel for $200?:naughty:

I'll probably try and sell this on Ebay as a stock replacement.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
The PP is good, it's a stock one, but no better than that, the clutch disc though... I dunno. I would think it will hold a little more torque than a stock clutch disc, but nothing phenominal. I think I'm going to sell my cousin my PP and clutch disc, but I'm keeping the flywheel. I told him about the whole scam and advised him it should be at least as good as a stock one, maybe a little better...

PorterzSupra

Oct 25, 2005
Hebron CT
I just want to say, I dident bother reading all the replys but I bought one a while back for my turbo supra that had around 400 hp on a T61 turbo and the clutch holds very well. I got the 6 puck, maybe it's just the friction plate itself but that thing would clamp hard no matter how slowly you let in the clutch. Even in fith you could feel it bang as it clamped down and the whole car would thump. The enguagement was alot nicer for street use then other ones.

Jacob

the overkillist
Feb 11, 2007
East Coast USA
My friend in his NA T mk4 bought one of these things. I took one look at it and nearly laughed my head off (over spray). I didn't much just was gonna let him find out for himself cuz he never listens to me anyway.

Well, he mistook 4th for 2nd at WOT and the pp shifted/bent out to one side and scored the inside of his bell housing. The car shook like a leaf all the way home. So what does my friend do (remember stubborn), he goes and gets himself a F1 stage 3. He's a good guy and I love him to death, but he's just dangerously cheap sometimes. I am the opposite :D We shall see how long is new stock pp/6 puck will last.

Does anyone know about F1? I would like to tell my boy about his new clutch :p

Cheers

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
PorterzSupra said:
I just want to say, I dident bother reading all the replys but I bought one a while back for my turbo supra that had around 400 hp on a T61 turbo and the clutch holds very well. I got the 6 puck, maybe it's just the friction plate itself but that thing would clamp hard no matter how slowly you let in the clutch. Even in fith you could feel it bang as it clamped down and the whole car would thump. The enguagement was alot nicer for street use then other ones.

How about the people making more power who thought they were getting a clutch that would handle it? My car was making 421whp on an upgraded pressure plate and stock disk, and I didn't get harsh engagement that would make my whole car "thump". I also didn't get the accelerated wear on my flywheel and pressure plate from having a stock pp and more abrasive disk. The reason you feel a thump is because the pp is probably allowing some slip before the pucks bite into the pp/flywheel.

I think the reason XTD got away with it for so long was that most of the people buying the kits were not making enough power to really need an upgraded clutch to begin with. And the ones who were making more power, it was the first aftermarket clutch they ever bought, so they had nothing to compare it to. The target market for XTD is uninformed shoppers who are buying things based on price alone. Since that type of shopper usually can't get a lot of power out of their engine, because all the other mods are sourced out in the same way, it's the purfect crime! :biglaugh:

Last edited: