Wiring the 2jz into the ma70 chassis

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
this one?
p1748851_1.jpg

These are the injector clips i am talking about.
http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-densobottomslotconnectorf2.php
http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-densotopslotconnectorf1.php

TB90

Jul 12, 2011
Around
Hey guys, I've searched and searched and I think I have my answer but I just want to make sure before I buy...

I am doing a 2JZ NA-T swap into an MK3 bought an engine without a harness for cheap (not sure what it came out of). I'm looking for a harness now. Will a harness off a 94 GS300 work?

Thanks!

Roger UK

Jun 20, 2010
Newcastle
Just read all through this thread and found it all VERY confusing !! (despite my having a degree in Electronics)

I'm planning to put a 2JZ-GE from a Mk4 Supra (with its ECU) to replace my 7M-GE in my 1991 Mk3 Supra.

Can someone answer a few basic questions for me? (Bear in mind I haven't looked at EITHER ECUs yet)

How many connectors are there on the end of the Mk4 2JZ-GE Engine Loom? Do they ALL just plug into the Mk4 ECU?

Is there just ONE other socket on the Mk4 ECU that interfaces with the body? (ie all the other non-engine things, like power, feed to dash gauges, fuel pump, etc)

To interface those "body" wires with the Mk3, it seems to me it would be MUCH easier to just come up with a Cut & Splice list of wires, ie a Table that has the wire colors FROM the Mk4 ECU and the colours TO the Mk3 body (that presumably came out of the old 7M ECU) that need to be connected together.

This would surely make the job MUCH simpler !

It seems to me that EVERYONE doing a transplant like this has to spend AGES working it out for themselves . . . surely someone who has done it would be happy to share the info to make life easier for anyone else?

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Ok, I have a couple of questions from the wiring diagram on page 5.

1. The mass ground b1 pin 6 and m1 pin 6. Does it go grounded to the ecu power ground or grounded to the car its self?
2. B1 pin 9 goes to c1 pin 4. But it shows c1 pin 4 going to e10 pin 24. Does the c1 pin 4 go to both b1 pin 9 and e10 pin 24?
3. For some reason I have b1 pin 15 tagged to be going to e9 pin 76?? I tagged these five or six months ago and I don't know why I did?
Any help would be appreciated.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Ok, I have a couple of questions from the wiring diagram on page 5.

1. The mass ground b1 pin 6 and m1 pin 6. Does it go grounded to the ecu power ground or grounded to the car its self?
2. B1 pin 9 goes to c1 pin 4. But it shows c1 pin 4 going to e10 pin 24. Does the c1 pin 4 go to both b1 pin 9 and e10 pin 24?
3. For some reason I have b1 pin 15 tagged to be going to e9 pin 76?? I tagged these five or six months ago and I don't know why I did?
Any help would be appreciated.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
1. MASS indicates chassis ground. So give it a good ground on the frame.
2. Yes they tie together.
3. That is a neutral start input for the transmission, if you're manual you shouldn't need to hook it up.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
One more, the aristo alternator plug I have has a white red with blue and a yellow. The 87 has yellow, black and white. Is it pretty straight forward yellows together, whites together, and red with blue to the black one?

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Ok I didn't know that was yours. I glanced over it but didn't see the alt. Then this time when I opened it up right to it. Thanks that's pretty nice file you made there. I'm finally getting my ass in gear. I had to relearn all the wires!

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Where did you ground the harness? Also does the ecu need to be grounded? Where did you mount the ecu? Or did you just leave it in the glove box?

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
Particularly, these are the ground locations (from the stock harness):

GROUNDS:
Ground "E2": B-65 -> MAP Sensor, Coolant Temp Sensor, Throttle Position Sensor, IAT Sensor, A/T Temp Sensor
Ground "E1": Intake Manifold -> B-69, o2 Sensor Shield, Knock Sensor Shields (2)
Ground "E11": Intake Manifold -> B-4, CPS Shields (3)
Ground "E01": Intake Manifold -> B-80
Ground "E02": Intake Manifold -> B-79
Ground "Igniter": Intake Manifold -> Igniter
Ground "Igniter": Intake Manifold -> Igniter Noise Filter
Ground "Dash": Intake Manifold -> M1-6 (MKIII Specific), Speed Sensor, Oil Level Sensor