Wiring the 2jz into the ma70 chassis

grifter679

Dec 14, 2008
San Francisco
Im gonna be doing the 2jz swap for a friend in his 91 ma70 coming up shortly, I will keep track of the wiring diagrams and even generate some good wiring diagrams just to add to the existing info present.

3.0t supra

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I've been looking into this swap for quite some time now and have just recently on my searching of posts and thread travels got confused.
I have purchased an aristo 2jzgte with complete wiring harness and ecu, and plan on putting it into a usdm 89 mk3 since i have these items, wouldn't the only thing i need to do is extend the wiring harness and mate the ma70 body harness to the 2jzgte ecu by getting the pin outs for both 2jzgte 7mgte ecu's and matching them?
Or am i completely wrong and there is more to it than that? I will not be using such things as A.B.S and AirCon, Cruise etc and will just plug up what i need.
If i am far from what is to be done please don't set me on fire, just not sure on what exactly is needed.
Jus need some steering into the right direction. Thanks
Ps. i know about the oil pan, tranny housing, and mount issues

barnett.elliot

Jun 16, 2010
Richmond, VA
I'm doing the same conversion in my '89 but using a 2jzge and adding an aftermarket turbo despite the lack of turbo internals. Does anybody see a reason why that would change the wiring much? I believe they are the same but I could very well be wrong.

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
barnett.elliot;1586033 said:
I'm doing the same conversion in my '89 but using a 2jzge and adding an aftermarket turbo despite the lack of turbo internals. Does anybody see a reason why that would change the wiring much? I believe they are the same but I could very well be wrong.

you can run it on the 7m electronics.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Didn't see it on here but if your not good at electrical stuff or wiring at all you can always go with Dr. Tweaks. He makes plug & play harness. You'll have to send the 7MGTE & 2JZGTE harness (or whatever you have) if I'm correct. Haven't done it myself yet but I'm making plans of going 2JZGTE on my 87 & i researched & found him.

http://www.phoenixtuning.com/services.html

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
I had my harness done by dr. Tweak and I can recommend him. It is really nice to know that after all the hassle of swapping in the engine you won't have to worry about it starting due to electrical issues. Mine started in the first turn of the starter. Great service.

roystunna

May 27, 2009
USA
harness is not really similar to a 2j harness, i mean there is the basic wires for ignition, sensors and all, but to get the gauges to work will need some extra wiring. I had a shop wire up mine

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Is it all just basically making the body harnnes plugs match up right? You cut the mk4/aristo body plugs off and match the ma70 body plugs accordingly?

2jzgte needs a tach adapter correct also? Or can that work no problem?

Also off topic, but can you use mk4 mounts that bolt to the engine or do you have to get bic mounts or such?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
hvyman;1673741 said:
Is it all just basically making the body harnnes plugs match up right? You cut the mk4/aristo body plugs off and match the ma70 body plugs accordingly?

2jzgte needs a tach adapter correct also? Or can that work no problem?

Also off topic, but can you use mk4 mounts that bolt to the engine or do you have to get bic mounts or such?

1)You leave all the ECU plugs intact. You take all the MK4/Aristo body plugs off and mate your MKIII body plugs to the MK4 harness.

2)The tach adapter is not need if you are doing a swap on a turbo model. The NA tach will need a resistor removed and there is a write up on here on how to do that.

3)If your car is 89+, you can use the MK4 mounts with the 1JZ brackets. If you car is 86.5-88, you will need the BIC swap brackets.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Fixing to start wiring my aristo harness to my 87 supra. Just a couple of questions.

1. Guys that put a hole in their fire wall on the drivers side. Do I need too extend the aristo harness to mount ecu in stock location?.

2. If yes to one how much longer?

3. On the big grey body plug on the aristo harness, I just cut it off and run the proper wires to the supra body plugs?

4. If yes to three how much more wire would I need to reach the supra body plugs?

5. The e10 section on the ecu would be completely unused?

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
dubsupra209;1746181 said:
that links not working for me

It works for me, though google chrome gives me a warning that the site may be infected with malware, but when you go to the diagnostics page it states that malware has not been detected on the site in the last 90 days. So proceed at your own risk.

S.A. supra;1746249 said:
Fixing to start wiring my aristo harness to my 87 supra. Just a couple of questions.

1. Guys that put a hole in their fire wall on the drivers side. Do I need too extend the aristo harness to mount ecu in stock location?.

2. If yes to one how much longer?

3. On the big grey body plug on the aristo harness, I just cut it off and run the proper wires to the supra body plugs?

4. If yes to three how much more wire would I need to reach the supra body plugs?

5. The e10 section on the ecu would be completely unused?

3. Yes, I took the time to fully delete the unnecessary wires from the harness as well.

4. I added 16inches and it turned out about right for me. I've heard different from other people.

5. No, there are still a few used wires on that connector.