Wiring the 2jz into the ma70 chassis

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
ok so i'm confused. is the plug on the far right not needed? 1-40
cause i got my 2jz from an aristo and i don't hav a plug to go into that. just the one with the bolt in it and the other big block thing

sm_photo_missing.jpg

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
i'm probably goin to radioshack to buy some pins i can insert and solder wire onto the ends

and fill in the plug with hot glue so i have a molding of the plug. and then just insert the pins into the glue. and put more glue on the back to keep the pins from moving

ohsofast01

May 3, 2006
Lebanon
Wouldn't it be easier to just go standalone, tho? I'm looking at going Microtech 12s for mine....Tuning is easy as hell and I see it alot easier imo..My boy has one going into his 3rd gen rx7 and it was easy to wire up and came with a base map to get it started and into the dyno..

1jzMoe

Supramania Contributor
Apr 2, 2005
Vilseck, Germany, Germany
i don't know if it is just me, but the way that supras.nl show the wiring diagram it has me a little confused. Is there another site to get the wiring hookup from or is that the only one?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Turbo 7M said:
i don't know if it is just me, but the way that supras.nl show the wiring diagram it has me a little confused. Is there another site to get the wiring hookup from or is that the only one?

i'd actually like to know if anyone has the aristo ecu pinout or if everyone in the world has gone standalone hehe

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I've got some notes somewhere, which I think Christian and I shared awhile back... seemed accurate for hooking up my Apexi RSM. I'll see if I can find a softcopy and post a link to it.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
i read on greddy site that it shares the same as the jdm supra ecu er at least to install their greddy ultimate e manage :)

Last edited:

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
Here is a tip for anyone integrating a 2jz wiring loom into the MKIII chassis:

In combination with the site already posted, print out a copy of both the TCCS wiring diagram from cygnusx1.net and the downloadable version of the 95 Supra PDF manual. By comparing the inputs/outputs of both you can get a good idea of what you need to make each wire do.

This is especially important if you are integrating a standalone. When integrating my 2jzgte AEM into the MKIII chassis, I had to figure out what wires I could live with, without, and what I had to do to others to make it work. The best way I found to do it was just by looking at the wire diagrams and connecting everything accordingly.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
p5150;979012 said:
Here is a tip for anyone integrating a 2jz wiring loom into the MKIII chassis:

In combination with the site already posted, print out a copy of both the TCCS wiring diagram from cygnusx1.net and the downloadable version of the 95 Supra PDF manual. By comparing the inputs/outputs of both you can get a good idea of what you need to make each wire do.

This is especially important if you are integrating a standalone. When integrating my 2jzgte AEM into the MKIII chassis, I had to figure out what wires I could live with, without, and what I had to do to others to make it work. The best way I found to do it was just by looking at the wire diagrams and connecting everything accordingly.

That's exactly what i did after i stopped trying to understand what the links providied were trying to say. I'm doing the wiring right now in my 89 NA. I'm having a little trouble finding +B, M-REL and BATT for the ECU. The NA wiring is a little different than the turbo 7M wiring. All I'm doing now is using a multimeter and finding wires!

K_SHAN

don't taze me bro!
Jul 3, 2009
eagle, IDAHO!
hey i have a

usdm 2jz-gte with a r-154 going into a 87mk3(original mt/gte)

i am going to us AEM ems

what harness should i buy? can i only use the usdm tt harness?

or what ones can i use.. thanks

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Man.... So sorry. Lots of work/projects goin' on...

This is the 2JZ-to-1JZ ECU pinout mapping in Excel that Josh (TRD87T) created... Based on the Aristo TT ECU, I think. Someone will have to confirm that for me... I don't think he'll be upset I shared this, since I am just tryin' to help.

http://www.g099521.net/MKIII/2JZ_SWAP/2jzecupins.xls

Here's what I put together for the Aristo's body plug on the engine harness. Disregard my notes, just understand that it is 4 different SMALL connections, ported into 1 BIG connector/connection.

http://www.g099521.net/MKIII/2JZ_SWAP/pinout_test.xls

Sorry for takin' so long to get back to this thread. Please let me know if the above spreadsheets don't do the trick, or if PDF format would be better for you!