WI Supra owners.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Selling the Supra. Let me know if anyone wants any parts. I have a few aftermarket and a garage full of stock bits and pieces

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
No I don't, sorry. Only stock hood I have is the one on the car lol. If you want anything to build a 7M, however, I've got ya covered ;D lol

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
mkiiichip;1816248 said:
Why would you do that?

I've been toying with the idea. It's not good as a daily driver. It's not reliable, gets shit gas mileage... and I keep having issues with it. Right now, it won't start, needs new front and rear main seals, new oil pump driveshaft seal, and needs a new clutch because of the rear main leaking. It's a fucking money pit >.<

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
Moy;1816249 said:
I've been toying with the idea. It's not good as a daily driver. It's not reliable, gets shit gas mileage... and I keep having issues with it. Right now, it won't start, needs new front and rear main seals, new oil pump driveshaft seal, and needs a new clutch because of the rear main leaking. It's a fucking money pit >.<

Thats interesting, my 92 gets ~25 mpg's on the highway and 18-20 in mixed driving. Its also been super reliable for the 30k miles I have had it. I think its a great daily type car.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
supradjza80;1816305 said:
Thats interesting, my 92 gets ~25 mpg's on the highway and 18-20 in mixed driving. Its also been super reliable for the 30k miles I have had it. I think its a great daily type car.

Well our two cars are different... Mines an 88 with 240k miles on it. It was N/A auto with the 4.30 LSD rear and did a GTE/R154 swap into it. The clutch slips, the wiring is shit, it starts whenever it feels like it...

Apples to oranges, the only thing the same about our cars is that they're MK3 Supras

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
Moy;1816423 said:
Well our two cars are different... Mines an 88 with 240k miles on it. It was N/A auto with the 4.30 LSD rear and did a GTE/R154 swap into it. The clutch slips, the wiring is shit, it starts whenever it feels like it...

Apples to oranges, the only thing the same about our cars is that they're MK3 Supras

Ok I can't argue with you there. Its a problem of your mk3 vs. all. I get it. Speaking of daily driven Supra's I think I would much prefer to daily drive my mk3 then my mk4.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Moy;1816249 said:
It's not good as a daily driver. It's not reliable, gets shit gas mileage... and I keep having issues with it.

Retire it from dd use. They are much less frustrating when you don't NEED the car to get around. I find that I am able to take more time with her, and less likely to cut corners. Is keeping the sup, and picking up a clunker out of the question?

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Nope, not out of the question. I've had a DSM in the back of my mind for a while, nice little 1G GSX or Talon TSi to drive around, boost sometimes, and get great gas mileage doing it lol

Mr Bojangles

Feb 9, 2009
Madison, WI
mkiiichip;1816937 said:
Retire it from dd use. They are much less frustrating when you don't NEED the car to get around. I find that I am able to take more time with her, and less likely to cut corners.

This is probably the best advice you'll ever get on cars in general. It's so fucking frustrating to try and daily a car that you're building. I daily my 88 in the winter but i don't mod it either so it's easy. That car just keeps going.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Lol Moy, I was talking about something cheap and easy to fix, and def not something some kid has been beating on for the last 15 years. Like an na subi, corolla, or any honda. Your just a glutton for punishment buying a DSM.

tdubz04

Cap'n Awesomeness
Mar 20, 2012
appleton, WI
www.facebook.com
IM HERE!!!

haha.. hello im new to SupraMania.. but have been on Supraforums for a long time, im also on celicasupra.com.. and according to supradjza80 im not a "douchebag" HAHA
anyway.. we are putting together a WI supra/car meet on the 31st of this month.. at 1:00 in appleton WI at either tellulah, or pierce park.. we will either grill out there after getting stuff from a local grocery store, or we will go to buffalo wild wings to eat.. whichever people want to do then we can cruise somewhere to take pics.. or whatever.. i was thinking high cliff state park or somethinng there are a few other local guys that may have better ideas.. im still trying to iron out all the details but that is what we have so far! hope to see a lot of WI supra people there!! this is an open meet so if you have friends with other cars tell them too!!!

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
benk777;1816252 said:
Anyone have some seatbelt assemblies? I'd like to get rid of my 5pt harness.

Thanks.

Ben

pm'd you Ben

cyberdx16;1816361 said:
What are the conditions of the two hoods?

Decent, just need paint.

tdubz04;1818949 said:
WI supra/car meet on the 31st of this month.. at 1:00 in appleton WI at either tellulah, or pierce park.. we will either grill out there after getting stuff from a local grocery store, or we will go to buffalo wild wings to eat.. whichever people want to do then we can cruise somewhere to take pics.. or whatever.. i was thinking high cliff state park or somethinng there are a few other local guys that may have better ideas.. im still trying to iron out all the details but that is what we have so far! hope to see a lot of WI supra people there!! this is an open meet so if you have friends with other cars tell them too!!!

Looking fowards to it :)

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
Awesome! let me know the details as we get closer!

tdubz04;1818949 said:
IM HERE!!!

haha.. hello im new to SupraMania.. but have been on Supraforums for a long time, im also on celicasupra.com.. and according to supradjza80 im not a "douchebag" HAHA
anyway.. we are putting together a WI supra/car meet on the 31st of this month.. at 1:00 in appleton WI at either tellulah, or pierce park.. we will either grill out there after getting stuff from a local grocery store, or we will go to buffalo wild wings to eat.. whichever people want to do then we can cruise somewhere to take pics.. or whatever.. i was thinking high cliff state park or somethinng there are a few other local guys that may have better ideas.. im still trying to iron out all the details but that is what we have so far! hope to see a lot of WI supra people there!! this is an open meet so if you have friends with other cars tell them too!!!