WI Supra owners.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
usdm_anon;1794164 said:
Yes! We need another meet, I should be done with my car soon

I'm thinking two official meets at least, spring and late summer. But we definately need to have cruises and track days spread throughout the season :)
What are your plans for the car? Have you test fitted the hatch ever? I remember when matt had it, I was considering buying it back then..lol

Sam

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Im ready for this meet!! I've gotta replace my bearings first! :( I had just built the motor 4 months ago, but my oil pressure line was leaking for a while and I ran it low on oil once after I was out on HWY. :$

And the PO blocked off the line from the oil filter elbow that goes to the oil cooler. And I started it up one day and it blew out spilling about 4 qts of oil loosing oil pressure, which ultimately cause my 3rd RK! Lol

But my love for the car keeps me going!

I dynoed 391 rwhp and 374 rwtq at 15 psi last year. I'm shooting for 500+ whp by summer so watch out guys! Haha

usdm_anon

Mar 20, 2010
Madison, WI
87M-GTE;1794343 said:
What are your plans for the car? Have you test fitted the hatch ever? I remember when matt had it, I was considering buying it back then..lol

Sam

Engine is gonna be the same, just a makeover and new suspension parts.

Haven't test fitted the hatch, it's been sitting in my room the whole time haha

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Guys, please don't have little local sales here in the regional sections- there have been issues cropping in the forum, up so we ask that you post all FS stuff in the classifieds section.

Mr Bojangles

Feb 9, 2009
Madison, WI
I should probably get some pictures up of my project. I don't know any of the WI people on here. I somewhat met Chip when I was ordering some parts but that's about it.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Whos ready for spring/summer? lol I am going through withdrawls..

I'm thinking the first WI meet will be around late may-early july.
What do you guys want to do? Last time was mostly a meet n greet, This year we can do a pic-nic, racing, cruising, other activities etc etc etc..unlimited possibilities.

What do you think?

Also,
If anyone is looking for a nice/reliable dd, lmk I have two for sale..

- 95 Geo Prism (aka corolla) - has been my dd for ~2.5 years
and
- 97 Toyota Corolla

Both are ready to rock, both are 5 speeds, both are reliable as hell. If you or anyone you know are interested lmk!
Any questions or comments, shoot me a pm.

Sam

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
I think we need to get a few of you guys to take your car out on the track where it belongs. Both of mine will be at multiple autocross and lapping events throughout the summer. Supras are a lot more fun when they go around corners.

For Example
Blackhawk Farms HPDE memorial day weekend - ~165$ for 2+ hours of track time
http://www.mcscc.org/events.php - its the May 26/27/28 events

Brainerd International Raceway MAP proving grounds - Autocross, HPDE, Drift, Drag 2 day event.
http://pg.maperformance.com/

Maybe Road America - Midwest F-body club, GTtrackdays, MVP track time

CWSCC.com and FVSCC.com for Auto-x events, there will be something going most weekends.

I probably won't drive down to Milwaukee for a meet of just a couple people with Supra's. It would have to coincide with an Auto-x or big event to be worth the gas $$ for me.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
supradjza80;1797865 said:
I think we need to get a few of you guys to take your car out on the track where it belongs. Both of mine will be at multiple autocross and lapping events throughout the summer. Supras are a lot more fun when they go around corners.

For Example
Blackhawk Farms HPDE memorial day weekend - ~165$ for 2+ hours of track time
http://www.mcscc.org/events.php - its the May 26/27/28 events

Brainerd International Raceway MAP proving grounds - Autocross, HPDE, Drift, Drag 2 day event.
http://pg.maperformance.com/

Maybe Road America - Midwest F-body club, GTtrackdays, MVP track time

CWSCC.com and FVSCC.com for Auto-x events, there will be something going most weekends.

I probably won't drive down to Milwaukee for a meet of just a couple people with Supra's. It would have to coincide with an Auto-x or big event to be worth the gas $$ for me.

Nice, yeah I wanted to have the "meet" at the same time as some event so we can do something with our cars.
I'm not the biggest fan of auto-x especially with what is done to my car.. You can count me in for Rd. America, I have been wanting to do that track day for a few years now. Same with BlackHawk Farms..
Drifting would be fun too :)

Keep me posted as to your plans on trackdays, I'd like to meet up with you. (seems like you have some planned already) Shoot me a pm on here or fb

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I will say Proving grounds is a ton of fun if you're into Drag racing! Lots of practice, and competition! The guys that did the road course thought it was a great deal, but I might suggest going to Powercruise (at Brainerd) in July if you want cheap road course action- 3 days of awesomeness!

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Anyone have a stock 7m-gte or 2jz-ge AFM fs on the cheap? I think mine took a shit, got oil on it. Enough to make it goof up, have spark/fuel/air and will start but won't stay running for shit...

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Any of you guys planning on making it to texas this march? I've got my room reserved already :)

I'd like to do the powercruise also, excuse to do rolling burnouts! Why not ;)