Where to get an OEM CF hood?

strictlySupra

Dec 19, 2006
Canada
i heard that aswell..

any body shop can scuff it down and spray it though for probably dirt cheap.

i remember reading something about the uv protective coating or something, im not sure.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
teamslow;1006055 said:
How much are you willing to pay? i have the cfx oem hood. might be willing to sell it if you give me a REALLY good amount of money for it. :biglaugh:

dunno, how much u want for it? PM me with price.

goliath

Fears no evil!
Mar 31, 2005
Lancaster, PA.
www.cardomain.com
empera;1005580 said:
yea only thing that kills me is the shipping from CA to PA...

I agree completely! :aigo: Emp if you want to, find out how much it would be to ship 2 hoods at once. I've been thinking about a Stout.:naughty:If it's a few bucks more for 2 hoods and we split the cost, it might be worth it.:dunno:

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
twincam187;1006137 said:
i bought a VIS cf oem style from horsepowerfreaks.com

the weave looks really nice and tight grade2 carbon. no flaws

i havent gotten a chance to really line it up properly but im really suprised at how nice it is. the price is not too bad either

Have you dyno'd your car with that hood? My buddy has an Evo IX, and after his dyno tuning, the hood got warped a little bit and wouldn't close right. The day after, it was fine though. I'm still a little bit skeptical about VIS. I've hear that they are not that great

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
goliath;1007243 said:
I agree completely! :aigo: Emp if you want to, find out how much it would be to ship 2 hoods at once. I've been thinking about a Stout.:naughty:If it's a few bucks more for 2 hoods and we split the cost, it might be worth it.:dunno:

That will def. work out if its a not too much to ship 2...since i'd go wit the OEM version. I've been trying to get in contact with supranick but havent had much luck. Might have betta luck PMing him over at SF.

goliath

Fears no evil!
Mar 31, 2005
Lancaster, PA.
www.cardomain.com
empera;1007254 said:
That will def. work out if its a not too much to ship 2...since i'd go wit the OEM version. I've been trying to get in contact with supranick but havent had much luck. Might have betta luck PMing him over at SF.

Dude...you've got PM!!!:sarcasm:

Red7m

Oct 16, 2005
Hollidaysburg PA
I had a vis carbon fiber hood on my 1g dsm. It didnt fit right, but the car was in an accident and a stock one doesnt fit right either. So I can not really say anything about how well it fit. But the clear coat right above the turbo was faded, there is absolutly no bracing in the hood. Also after a long drive or a sprinted drive the hood was soft.

strictlySupra

Dec 19, 2006
Canada
Red7m;1007793 said:
I had a vis carbon fiber hood on my 1g dsm. It didnt fit right, but the car was in an accident and a stock one doesnt fit right either. So I can not really say anything about how well it fit. But the clear coat right above the turbo was faded, there is absolutly no bracing in the hood. Also after a long drive or a sprinted drive the hood was soft.

my hood has a full fiberglass brace underneath it. maybe different between supra and eclipse. also maybe the mould for the supra hoods is less abused due to less of a demand. that would make the hoods still produced with pretty accurate measurments. maybe not haha

prism1

prizmosis jones
May 24, 2006
fresno
I just bought a hood from Race On USA. it looks realy good. It has a full fiberglass brace undernieth. And the price was actually very good. I havent had a chance to fit it up yet due to the fact that im putting the motor in but i will post pics soon as posible.