Where did the AFM go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPR

John 3:16
Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
jetjock;1869515 said:
Well, you have no problem admitting you're wrong as long as you know you're wrong. The problem happens when you don't know and that's where we still are. However you're definitely right about MAF being more accurate than MAP at measuring flow since the second one doesn't. No point in arguing though. As long as the membership learned something.

I believe I have been misunderstood here. Partially my fault by not saying "MAP in combination with IAT" (instead of just MAP) in terms of air flow measurements. Obviously the MAP alone cannot take airflow measurements, that is correct. So allow me to rephrase... "Sure a MAF is more accurate at measuring air flow vs. MAP with IAT." Happy? lol

In my first reply I said MAP>MAF, when I meant that I prefer MAP(with IAT) over MAF, which I corrected and stated in my second reply. So I never said MAP(with IAT) was better than MAF, only that it was another method, which I prefer over the others. Perhaps I wasn't clear on that, so forgive me. Can we let this go now?

Status
Not open for further replies.