Wheel Fitment & Question Thread

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
There are hub centric spacers. I know project kic makes rings for their's. My dad's M3 has a hub centric one too and it is a sandwich type.

heyitsdatguy

loser.....
Jan 9, 2007
Mira Mesa,CA
Sawbladz said:
Can you expand on your rubbing issues? When you say it rubs in turns, is it rubbing on the outside fender lip or on the inner fender? What suspension are you running? Since you mention TEMS I am going to assume some springs (H&R?) and Illumina 2's? It looks like your wheels are almost up into the wheel wells, it this true?

It's rubbing on the inner fender. I can see where the inner fender is getting alittle damaged from the tires hitting the fender. I don't know what kind of suspension I have because it was already lowered when I bought the car. I leave the tems button on "sport" to stiffen it up when I turn to avoid the front tires from hitting the fender. Yes, the wheels are in the wheel wells about 1/4 inch. I will be changing my suspension sometime next year so it'll be alittle higher.

Dawly

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
heyitsdatguy said:
It's rubbing on the inner fender. I can see where the inner fender is getting alittle damaged from the tires hitting the fender. I don't know what kind of suspension I have because it was already lowered when I bought the car. I leave the tems button on "sport" to stiffen it up when I turn to avoid the front tires from hitting the fender. Yes, the wheels are in the wheel wells about 1/4 inch. I will be changing my suspension sometime next year so it'll be a little higher.

Dawly

More than likely the person before you did not use Illumina 2's and therefore your TEMS button isn't doing anything. I wasn't very clear in my previous post but I think you answered my post anyways. I wanted to know if it was contacting the inner fender liner (black plastic) or the metal part of the body work. From your answer it sounds like body work.

Your car sits lower than the majority of people on this board and as such advice for you will need to be different. If you plan on raising your car when you swap suspension, I would bet you will no longer have a rubbing issue. In the mean time you might benefit from a slight roll of the metal edge. This would hopefully make it less likely for the tire to grab and pull on the body work. You can do this yourself and there are tutorials online to show you how. If you do it very gently, it won't be much different than stock.

heyitsdatguy

loser.....
Jan 9, 2007
Mira Mesa,CA
Would the problem just be my front shocks? I've had the car for almost 3years now and I haven't really thought about changing the suspension setup until I bought the wheels just about a month ago. I know for sure that if I change the whole suspension I won't have any problems at all. I just need a starting point. Also, I don't drive the supra much just about (maybe) 5 times a month.

Dawly

mk3tt

Nov 7, 2006
kail-Fresno
more information on the rims please please! with more pic of the car if you may ! :aigo: :love: :naughty: :biglaugh:

ShineAutoProject said:
Yep. MKIII guys are generally too conservative, but sometimes I feel the drifter and VIP guys are TOO aggressive as well. Here's my ride.

strictlySupra

Dec 19, 2006
Canada
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

heres some 18x12 -20 lol

severe body modification required

heyitsdatguy

loser.....
Jan 9, 2007
Mira Mesa,CA
please mod the body it reminds me of the early '90s when "people" did that with corollas, tercels, civics, impalas and/or any kind of mini truck:nono:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
they still do it here...

lowered truck with wheels like that, tires WAY too small for the wheel, and rollbar, brushguard, ect...

yeah, that's worse than rice...