Wheel Fitment & Question Thread

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
emissions car looks wild, i likey.

i honestly dont think that the stretch look is taking off on Mk3's or supras for that matter because that means youre running a smaller tire than possible or recommended. its usually for people who want dish but have rubbing issues, or can get their hands on lots of small width tires to burn off and/or drift. putting 225's on wheel thats wider than 8" is essentially useless.

i mean, i only make 280hp on a stock CT and i just put stock sawblades on the back of my car cuz one of my 295's loses 20psi in an hour. my car spins too much. itd be horrible if i had a tight sidewall. the breakaway would be almost impossible to avoid in the turns, at least on my car. i didnt know how important tire was untill i put the stock size tires on my car. i used to be able to accelerate out of turns. now, it just power slides every time. its cool but slow. :nono:

emission

1.5JZ powered!
Jun 11, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Wiisass said:
I love VSKF's, too bad they cost a lot of dollars. But those look pretty good, now take one of the rears off and put it on the front and then take a side shot.

And Emission, what wheels and specs? And do you just have no suspension travel or just no droop travel?

Almost no droop when cornering and little suspension travel. I have my teins set 4 clicks off of full hard.

Advan RA3-DT 18x10 +19 (x4) 255/40 (x4)

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Eibach/Tokicos, 18x8.5 & 18x9.5 w/35 offset all-around. Zero miles on the suspension/tires... On the driver's rear, my wheel sticks out further than on the rear passenger. I think the fender must've been hit before or pushed in (but I'll fix that later)

Hoping for a little more drop once it gets on the road.

satan.jpg

satan1.jpg

boosted17

Jun 5, 2005
Florence, KY
Satan said:
Eibach/Tokicos, 18x8.5 & 18x9.5 w/35 offset all-around. Zero miles on the suspension/tires... On the driver's rear, my wheel sticks out further than on the rear passenger. I think the fender must've been hit before or pushed in (but I'll fix that later)

Hoping for a little more drop once it gets on the road.

satan.jpg

satan1.jpg

Looks good!

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
Hey borhor How would these wheels fit would i need any spacers? here are the specs 2 up front 19x8.5 ET 35 and 2 out back 19x9.5 ET 45, Thanks.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
honestabe said:
I believe you're going to need to roll the fenders to fit those.

Adam

That depends on what tire he chooses. The rear will be fine regardless of tire size, the fronts may rub if you fit a very fat tire. The front would sit 4mm further in than mine and I have only made mine rub once. I see no problems running a 245 up front on that setup.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Sawbladz said:
That depends on what tire he chooses. The rear will be fine regardless of tire size, the fronts may rub if you fit a very fat tire. The front would sit 4mm further in than mine and I have only made mine rub once. I see no problems running a 245 up front on that setup.

He's wanting to run 19's, not 18's. IIRC Nick had to have his fenders widened to get his Work Equip 19's to fit.

Adam

ForcedInduction

Dec 26, 2006
Chicopee, MA
I finally put on my rims, but I have like 2mm between the rear rim and my coilover. Would a small wheel spacer take care of this problem? What kind of wheel spacer should I use? I see a lot on ebay, but they are all different kinds. Can you find me an example of one I should use?

My rims are 17x8.5 w/ 40+ offset in the front and 17x10 w/ 45+ offset in the rear

heyitsdatguy

loser.....
Jan 9, 2007
Mira Mesa,CA
emission said:
Nino's Correct. :biglaugh:
lol, Socal uniform, i think it's time for a change I'm already bored of it lol!

I haven't had a container shippment in a while. I hate the holidays, I'm broke.

But New look for 08 and I'm still messing with offset's and maybe another new set of wheels.

Emission is right. It's time to change the socal "uniform". I still haven't decided on just leaving it stock body or adding on a bodykit that's not the socal uniform.

Yea, I feel you on the broke holidays.

anyways, I saw emission car posted here and I couldn't resist.

here's mine 18x8.5 +32 235/40
18x9.5 +35 265/35

The front rubs when I make semi-hard turns so I've been leaving the tems on. I have to make slow turns.

p850999_1.jpg

p850999_2.jpg

p850999_3.jpg

Dawly

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
honestabe said:
He's wanting to run 19's, not 18's. IIRC Nick had to have his fenders widened to get his Work Equip 19's to fit.

Adam

Explain to me why having 18's or 19's matters if you have tires with the same circumference.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
heyitsdatguy said:
here's mine 18x8.5 +32 235/40
18x9.5 +35 265/35

The front rubs when I make semi-hard turns so I've been leaving the tems on. I have to make slow turns.

Dawly

Can you expand on your rubbing issues? When you say it rubs in turns, is it rubbing on the outside fender lip or on the inner fender? What suspension are you running? Since you mention TEMS I am going to assume some springs (H&R?) and Illumina 2's? It looks like your wheels are almost up into the wheel wells, it this true?

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I could swear that the tire circumference of those 19's is greater. Maybe he widened the wheel wells because of the width of his wheels. I remember he had them widened to make the fitment look stock, I just can't remember all the details right now.

Adam

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
ForcedInduction said:
I finally put on my rims, but I have like 2mm between the rear rim and my coilover. Would a small wheel spacer take care of this problem? What kind of wheel spacer should I use? I see a lot on ebay, but they are all different kinds. Can you find me an example of one I should use?

My rims are 17x8.5 w/ 40+ offset in the front and 17x10 w/ 45+ offset in the rear

I would recommend a 10mm spacer. Tissimo and another guy with new wheels have 10 inch wheels with +35 and have been successful. When looking for spacers you want to keep in mind that you want a min of 8 turns on the lug nuts or else you need longer studs or spacers with the studs built in. Our cars came with hub centric wheels so this is what you want to try and accomplish with your new setup.

I'm not 100% on how to get the wheels to be hubcentric with spacers. However, without spacers you need a machined ring to fill the gap between the OD of the stock hub and the ID of the hole in the back of the center of the wheels.

Generally, after market adapters and spacers are lug centric and this is not ideal. If anyone has a link to some hubcentric spacers they should definitely post in this thread.