Wheel Fitment & Question Thread

SupraRZTT, that would look SO AMAZING with a little more low and a little more poke.

Updated pictures with new random tires (burning these off at the USDrift event at VIR then mounting new tires on)

16x9 +0 225/50/r16
16x8 -10 205/55/r16
No spacers, very flat roll front and rear, tiny pull on front.
-3.5 deg camber rear, -2.2 deg camber front. Realllyyyyyy want to fix the rear and get it to -1.5 and -3.2 front but all my camber adjustment bushings are seized :(

P1000400.JPG

P1000402.JPG

brokaw27

Oct 7, 2010
SC
I'm thinking of buying XXR 522's 18X8.5 38 offset for the front and 18.9.5 30 offset for the back and for tires 225/40/18 for the front and 265/35/18 for the back. Just wanting to know if these will fit w/o rubbing and w/o rolling the fender. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Brokaw, you're gonna be fine with that setup. Could even go with 255/35 up front if you wanted without issue. Could also go with 275/35 rear, you'd be right on the edge of needing to roll the fender though...

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
I have new wheels and tires coming in tomorrow, I am a little concerned in regards to fitment, but I think I am good with other info listed on this thread :

Front I think I am good on - 18x8 +40 235/40/18

Rear I am concerned about rubbing on inside shock mount - 18x9.5 +40 265/35/18 *** EDIT - I mean the spring support that the bottom of the spring sits on...***

All Stock Tems suspension.

Any and all info would be appreciated as soon as possible so that I can cancel if I need to...

Thanks

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You're gonna be fine gottadiesel, on both accounts. That's pretty much the same as the Mk4TT rims that many of us run, with 10mm less offset. I'm running a 275/40/17 on a 9.5" +50 and I still have ~15mm until it hits anything (nearest thing for me is the traction arm) in the rear. The ONLY thing that I'm not 100% sure on is your suspension. I know stock springs on most vehicles are bigger diameter than most aftermarket suspension bits, so you *might* have trouble with the spring. You're not gonna hit the mount though, so no worries there.

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
Thanks te72!

I edited my previous post a little, as your answer made me realize I did not explain my concern of where I thought I might end up rubbing very well...

If you are speaking of the base mount that the spring sits on (attached to shock looks like), it is the same diameter as the spring itself, then we are good, if you are talking about a different part of the mount, then not sure... Tires took another day, so will not be putting on until tomorrow... hope they fit or I'm gonna cry :cry: I will most likely go to coil-overs put not until next spring...

If anyone else can confirm the stock spring/suspension question - I would sure sleep better tonight lol... Thanks!

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
I'm looking at a set of Work Equip wheels: 17x8 +35 and 17x9 +35. I'm pretty sure they will fit but I'm just curious about the fitment and whether they will sit flush with the fenders without rubbing. Are these good offsets or can I do better? I also have a big brake kit from ARZ and I would like to know if these will fit, but I don't know of a way without having the wheels in front of me with the template. Thanks!

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
gottadiesel;1627769 said:
Thanks te72!

I edited my previous post a little, as your answer made me realize I did not explain my concern of where I thought I might end up rubbing very well...

If you are speaking of the base mount that the spring sits on (attached to shock looks like), it is the same diameter as the spring itself, then we are good, if you are talking about a different part of the mount, then not sure... Tires took another day, so will not be putting on until tomorrow... hope they fit or I'm gonna cry :cry: I will most likely go to coil-overs put not until next spring...

If anyone else can confirm the stock spring/suspension question - I would sure sleep better tonight lol... Thanks!

I am pretty sure it will clear. As TE27 said the TT wheels have even less inner clearance.

arknotts;1628355 said:
I'm looking at a set of Work Equip wheels: 17x8 +35 and 17x9 +35. I'm pretty sure they will fit but I'm just curious about the fitment and whether they will sit flush with the fenders without rubbing. Are these good offsets or can I do better? I also have a big brake kit from ARZ and I would like to know if these will fit, but I don't know of a way without having the wheels in front of me with the template. Thanks!

Fit will be okay. I wouldn't call it flush but maybe decent. As for brake clearance that all depends on the face of the Equips. There were I believe 3 faces offered for the Equips, but with a few detailed pictures of the front wheels I believe we can get a better feel for if it would clear of not.

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
BorHor;1628438 said:
Fit will be okay. I wouldn't call it flush but maybe decent. As for brake clearance that all depends on the face of the Equips. There were I believe 3 faces offered for the Equips, but with a few detailed pictures of the front wheels I believe we can get a better feel for if it would clear of not.

Thanks BorHor. Just so we're on the same page, I'm not really looking to stretch the tires at all. I plan on sizing the tires with a pretty straight sidewall (very similar to Sawbladz setup). So my definition of "flush" might be a little different than others :p. I'm pretty happy with the fitment of my current wheels and they are 18x8.5 +40 and 18x9.5 +31. Doing the math, I think the fronts will have the same fitment, but the rears will be 10 mm in farther. I'm thinking this will be OK though, because I'm thinking I will gain some of that back when I increase my camber a little bit.

Here is the style I am looking at:

A_2667.JPG

A_2667_01.JPG

Thanks for the help.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Tough to see the depth of the face in that picture. If we had a picture of the rear of the front wheel it would probably give us a better idea. Worse comes to worse throw in a spacer in front.

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
projectsupra;1628903 said:
Face doesn't change only the pad height in the back, I've got some 13.5" Equip that have around a 3.5" pad height, that's just wasted lip.

Excuse the ignorance, but what do you mean by pad height?

Out of curiosity would I be able to fit 17x8 +22 and 17x9 +22 without fender rolling? The set in that size has already sold, but I'm just curious in case something similar crops up.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
What he means by pad height is the area between the mounting surface and the face of the wheel. On the work equips they make the area thicker for larger brake clearance. And for the 17x8 +22 and 17x9 +22 You are probably going to have to roll if you are going to put on a good sized tire.

projectsupra

旧車スープラ
Apr 5, 2005
West Palm Beach, FL
s235.photobucket.com
arknotts;1628933 said:
Excuse the ignorance, but what do you mean by pad height?

Out of curiosity would I be able to fit 17x8 +22 and 17x9 +22 without fender rolling? The set in that size has already sold, but I'm just curious in case something similar crops up.

The mounting surface seen here, on Equip's it's shorter for less brake clearance (and more potential lip) or vice verse.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
BorHor;1628438 said:
I am pretty sure it will clear. As TE27 said the TT wheels have even less inner clearance.

Yep no problems at all, plenty of room everywhere at this point... eventually will go with coilovers to lower the front just slightly, but these look 100% better than the ones that were on there... Thanks to all for your input...

New pic below in my Sig has my new wheels on it...

ErikJT2MA71

Jul 17, 2009
Connecticut
My current setup that I've had for years now:

XXR 962
Front 17x7 +18 (20mm spacer) 225/45
Rear 17x9 +35 265/40
Sitting on tired old Tein HR coilovers

101007213423.jpg

101007213513.jpg

Looking to get 18" wheels in the future as I can get used Mercedes SL tires from work, 255/40 front and 285/35 rear

Does anyone know what wheels these are? Just wondering cause they're badass:

873625422_4c50ee82ae_o.jpg